Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: FB Final: App St 30, Coastal 27

Default Re: Beach chickens vs mountain men. Who you pulling for?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    That was a very well played, well coached and well officiated game. It was very entertaining. It was a good reflection on the conference. Let's hope our game tomorrow is boring with us leading 30 to 0 at half.
    Rather than say the same thing …. Yes!!
    Last night was a FANTASTIC game and an ELECTRIC crowd. Props all around.

Default Re: FB Final: App St 30, Coastal 27

I, for one, couldn’t be more happy for App St. And looking at the highlights, Chase Brice looked way more confident than Grayson McCall. While I agree that McCall is still a good quarterback, Brice was 3 year backup to Trevor Lawrence at Clemson. He’s got something that definitely shows in a big game. A good rest of the season, with a bowl win; he might be playing on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    I, for one, couldn’t be more happy for App St. And looking at the highlights, Chase Brice looked way more confident than Grayson McCall. While I agree that McCall is still a good quarterback, Brice was 3 year backup to Trevor Lawrence at Clemson. He’s got something that definitely shows in a big game. A good rest of the season, with a bowl win; he might be playing on Sundays.
    Both of those guys have a shot at playing on Sundays.

App rushed the field. Has a conference mate ever done that seriously? Especially in prime time.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    App rushed the field. Has a conference mate ever done that seriously? Especially in prime time.
    It's a tradition at App tho open the field after huge wins AND the final home game of the year....

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    It's a tradition at App tho open the field after huge wins AND the final home game of the year....
    UL still has no traditions. That need to change and the only way to do that is by building the fan base. The main issue with UL is the core of the fan base has gray hair.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    UL is still has no traditions. That need to chagr and the only way to do that is by building the fan base. The main issue with UL is the core of the fan base has gray hair.
    Hey. The band has done the same performance every game since the Nixon administration. I’d say that’s a pretty strong tradition.

8. Default Re: FB Final: App St 30, Coastal 27

Both of those guys have a shot at playing on Sundays.
    Wow, last week you said Brice was not good, now he is playing in the NFL.

9. Default Re: FB Final: App St 30, Coastal 27

UL is still has no traditions. That need to chagr and the only way to do that is by building the fan base. The main issue with UL is the core of the fan base has gray hair.
    People with gray hair have traditions. Sorry to have to inform you of that.

Beat State is the only thing that we now need to focus on.

App state out gained the chickens 575 to 346.

UL still has no traditions. That need to change and the only way to do that is by building the fan base. The main issue with UL is the core of the fan base has gray hair.
    I'm bald, thank you very much!

I knew coastals “smallish” oline would have some issues against a bigger faster more physical line than them. I just thought it would be against us. Glad App handled business last night. For a defense that hasn’t been too good this year they played a hell of a game last night.

14. Default Re: FB Final: App St 30, Coastal 27

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    I knew coastals “smallish” oline would have some issues against a bigger faster more physical line than them. I just thought it would be against us. Glad App handled business last night. For a defense that hasn’t been too good this year they played a hell of a game last night.
    The big difference was we took D'Marco Jackson and Demetrius Taylor out of the game, Jackson only had 3 tackles vs us, he had been averaging 10.5 per game, last night he had 11. Taylor only had 1 tackle vs us, last night he had 4, but 3 of them were TFL's. The other piece was controlling their very good WR's with our DB's. Sutton, Jackson and Hennigan had 17 catches for 342 yards and 2 TD's vs Coastal (most of that was Sutton and Jackson), vs UL those 3 guys combined for 10 catches, but 0 TD's and only 82 yards.

Above is how good our OL and DL played played last week.

Hey, what about the Goal Post Journey after the Texas A&M win???

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information