Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17

Thread: FB Final: App St 30, Coastal 27

1. Default Re: FB Final: App St 30, Coastal 27

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Yes sir. What top 20 team will come play us in Lafayette?
    Maybe the same one that went to play App last night

2. Default Re: FB Final: App St 30, Coastal 27

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    We have never beaten a top 20 team at Cajun Field. A&M was #25.
    I'll go one better.

Louisiana has WON at The Swamp as a Top-20 team.

3. Default Re: FB Final: App St 30, Coastal 27

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'll go one better.

Louisiana has WON at The Swamp as a Top-20 team.
    Sounds like the makings of a two poster to me . . .

Default Re: FB Final: App St 30, Coastal 27

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Maybe the same one that went to play App last night
    Unfortunately they won't be top 20 any more. Besides, why take down the goal posts unless you're celebrating your first ever outright conference championship?

5. Default Re: FB Final: App St 30, Coastal 27

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Unfortunately they won't be top 20 any more. Besides, why take down the goal posts unless you're celebrating your first ever outright conference championship?
    Who is limiting the concept to just this year . . .

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    It's a tradition at App tho open the field after huge wins AND the final home game of the year
    ?? I have been going to App games since the late 1980s. I don't think that is exactly right. I don't recall fans rushing the field, except for a few times, over the years. Up until about 2010, fans would remove the goalposts & parade them down main st. & around campus for a few hours. Probably the most memorable was when App beat #1 Marshall with Randy Moss in the 1990s in Boone. The goal posts came down, and then we went to dinner at a restaurant on the main street downtown at a table a the window. About the time our drinks arrived, we looked out the window, & there came the goalposts down the center of the street.

In the FCS world, when my boys were small, after the games, the players would come back out from the locker room onto the field & throw the ball & play catch with the kids. NOTHING beats that for ten yr olds! Once, after a game, the App QB let me take a photo with my 2 yr. old on his shoulder. That photo remained on my son's dresser through high school.

But, anyway, my point is that to say rushing the field is an App tradition is not exactly right. NOTHING in my experience was similar to the events this past Wednesday. That was special!

Quote Originally Posted by AppAlum1 View Post
    ?? I have been going to App games since the late 1980s. I don't think that is exactly right. I don't recall fans rushing the field, except for a few times, over the years. Up until about 2010, fans would remove the goalposts & parade them down main st. & around campus for a few hours. Probably the most memorable was when App beat #1 Marshall with Randy Moss in the 1990s in Boone. The goal posts came down, and then we went to dinner at a restaurant on the main street downtown at a table a the window. About the time our drinks arrived, we looked out the window, & there came the goalposts down the center of the street.

In the FCS world, when my boys were small, after the games, the players would come back out from the locker room onto the field & throw the ball & play catch with the kids. NOTHING beats that for ten yr olds! Once, after a game, the App QB let me take a photo with my 2 yr. old on his shoulder. That photo remained on my son's dresser through high school.

But, anyway, my point is that to say rushing the field is an App tradition is not exactly right. NOTHING in my experience was similar to the events this past Wednesday. That was special!
    Like I said, huge wins and final home games.have been on the field several times after SBC championship and another end of season game.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17

Thread Information