Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Is USM a done deal?

UL Football Is USM a done deal?

Someone on the SBC forum posted a vague message that translated into saying that as of tonight, USM will be joining the SBC. There have been no official announcements, so I am a little skeptical. That said, everyone on the SBC board seem to be buying it. Anyone here heard anything from our people? Personally, I like the idea of adding USM.

Default Re: Is USM a done deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Someone on the SBC forum posted a vague message that translated into saying that as of tonight, USM will be joining the SBC. There have been no official announcements, so I am a little skeptical. That said, everyone on the SBC board seem to be buying it. Anyone here heard anything from our people? Personally, I like the idea of adding USM.
    It seems like it some say Marshall will wait until Nov 1 once they announce a new president

I have seen nothing out of Hattiesburg suggesting a USM jump to the belt. Everything I’ve seen and heard has been from SB schools and fans.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Is USM a done deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    It seems like it some say Marshall will wait until Nov 1 once they announce a new president
    What, so they want to jump, too?

my daughters boyfriend is the publisher of the usm campus paper and has a weekly radio show in Hattiesburg, and they have not mentioned anything about this. I know that the alum are still high on the new coach even though he has a long haul ahead of him to rebuild that team

6. Default Re: Is USM a done deal?

The long and short of it is yes and no. I think behind the scenes it is a done deal, but as far as announcing and moving officially it is not. I think we will see and hear something really soon, they are waiting for all the AAC dust to settle, they don't want to burn a bridge before they have to.

https://www.facebook.com/messenger_m...QEdF8nZ6s2oZAS

just got sent this from a friend in Hattiesburg who follows the team closely and he said everyone in Hattiesburg seem to think it is a done deal

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post

just got sent this from a friend in Hattiesburg who follows the team closely and he said everyone in Hattiesburg seem to think it is a done deal
    You sent a broken link.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post

Usm 247 guy said it was a done deal last night on their vip board

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Usm 247 guy said it was a done deal last night on their vip board
    Hopefully the 247 guy isn't like the Vic guy.

Being a catholic helped me out already today!

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Hopefully the 247 guy isn't like the Vic guy.
    Lol no this guy knows sports

14. Default Re: Is USM a done deal?

Getting info from boosters that this thing is done. Expect SBC to wait until Marshall has a President in place to announce USM and Marshall to the belt at the same time.

That would be great.

Are we getting rid of Little Rock or UTA?

Also, isn't it fun to see La Tech sitting by the phone while the building around them is on fire and waiting for the AAC to call and save them?

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information