Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Is USM a done deal?

Default Re: Is USM a done deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    What changed in 6 hours. This morning people were saying it would only be USM and Marshall
    The thought seems to be that the eastern SB schools wanted some balance and so Marshall/ODU/JMU provides that. Without those adds, there was the danger of an eastern block revolt, which we don't want or need.

Personally, I love the moves and I think the SBC is stronger for them. USA can rot after how they treated UL.

2. Default Re: Is USM a done deal?

What changed in 6 hours. This morning people were saying it would only be USM and Marshall
    Gossip gone viral.

OK, this is one great defining moment for the University of Louisiana athletics. Since then USL told Comissioner DICK Oliver (yeah, the one that mailed the basketball trophy) and the SLC bu-bye, we have been nomads. It has taken decades, with self inflicted wounds such as Fossil, Toothpick and others along the way, to be in a conference where we were able to enjoy the fruits of our labors and not end up chasing "the next conference". Yes, we chased the AAC, but that quickly was shown to be fool's gold...CUSA 2.0. And here we sit...others want to join us.

It's not over yet, but we can rest assured our leadership has us where we need to be.

1 am 100 percent sure Mitchell played against Favre.
    Yes, and beat him.

5. Default Re: Is USM a done deal?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    tmcclelland@vanderbilt.edu or 645.343.6494

Deputy Athletic Director • External Affairs and Revenue Generation

Not that he cares anymore. Interesting note on the Vandy site...athletic communications being moved out athletic department, must be a cost saving move. Surely hope that doesn’t happen here...we’d be fighting the name game in our own house.
    I’m going to email him to come on the podcast for an interview. I’ll report back

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Word is the SBC is adding 4:
    Southern Miss
    Marshall
    WKU
    ODU/JMU
    Not buying it at this time. Everything I've heard up to this point says the votes aren't there for adding 4 programs. Long term, it's very possible. I would be surprised if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by ninacajun View Post
    Favre beat us on the last play of the game in 90 at Cajun Field for our homecoming. James Freeman was our qb. In 89 we beat So Miss and Favre with a 50 yard fg by Mike Lemoine at their place. Brian Mitchell’s senior season.
    I was 9 years old…I cried walking home with my ole’ man and told USM fans to shut up!…lol. My dad taught me to win/lose with class that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunman99 View Post
    Personally, I love the moves and I think the SBC is stronger for them. USA can rot after how they treated UL.
    South Alabama?

9. Default Re: Is USM a done deal?

If the SBC is suddenly adding 4, they must know of 2 who are jumping ship.

It would explain the SBC openly endorsing Coastal over App State tonight.

10. Default Re: Is USM a done deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Deduction

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

You think App is bolting? That changes things. Where to? AAC? Who else?

Georgia state maybe

I had heard thAt theory a few days ago. Story I heard was our presidents were staying At 12 despite what Marshall wanted. Not sure those social media rumors are more than wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunman99 View Post
    The thought seems to be that the eastern SB schools wanted some balance and so Marshall/ODU/JMU provides that. Without those adds, there was the danger of an eastern block revolt, which we don't want or need.

What did south al do?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information