Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Is USM a done deal?

Default Re: Is USM a done deal?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Favre and Delhomme did not play at the same time. Brian Mitchell you mean?
    Are you sure? Maybe it was Brian Mitchell. I just remembered a defensive battle that Farve pulled out in the last minutes.

2. Default Re: Is USM a done deal?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Are you sure? Maybe it was Brian Mitchell. I just remembered a defensive battle that Farve pulled out in the last minutes.
    They did not, 1993 was Jake's Freshman year and he beat USM 13-7, Kevin Bentley was the QB and threw 4 INTS. Brett Favre finished at USM in 1990

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    There were a few close USM V U(S)L games in the late 80's at Cajun Field. The first Cajun's game I attended in person was the 1988 version. I remember it was astonishing how hard Favre threw the ball.

1 am 100 percent sure Mitchell played against Favre.

Word is the SBC is adding 4:
    Southern Miss
    Marshall
    WKU
    ODU/JMU

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Can someone reach out to Tommy Mcclelland for a comment? Please, please, please! This is too good.
    tmcclelland@vanderbilt.edu or 645.343.6494

Deputy Athletic Director • External Affairs and Revenue Generation

Not that he cares anymore. Interesting note on the Vandy site...athletic communications being moved out athletic department, must be a cost saving move. Surely hope that doesn’t happen here...we’d be fighting the name game in our own house.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    tmcclelland@vanderbilt.edu or 645.343.6494

Deputy Athletic Director • External Affairs and Revenue Generation

Not that he cares anymore. Interesting note on the Vandy site...athletic communications being moved out athletic department, must be a cost saving move. Surely hope that doesn’t happen here...we’d be fighting the name game in our own house.
    You mean the dreaded Vanderbuilt University@Nashville?

8. Default Re: Is USM a done deal?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Pretty good baseball there.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    There were a few close USM V U(S)L games in the late 80's at Cajun Field. The first Cajun's game I attended in person was the 1988 version. I remember it was astonishing how hard Favre threw the ball.
    I don't have a real sharp memory of those times as I spent a lot of time at The Keg and The Loose Caboose, but I will never forget the day we got the privilege of getting our asses kicked by Alabama at Cajun Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Word is the SBC is adding 4:
    Southern Miss
    Marshall
    WKU
    ODU/JMU
    This is a pretty solid move. I guess no one wants to touch Liberty due to the politics / religion.

UL did win a close one with a FG in Hattiesburg. I believe it was Farve vs. Mitchell. Had sideline passes with Sean T. Great win.

Favre beat us on the last play of the game in 90 at Cajun Field for our homecoming. James Freeman was our qb. In 89 we beat So Miss and Favre with a 50 yard fg by Mike Lemoine at their place. Brian Mitchell’s senior season.

Quote Originally Posted by ninacajun View Post
    Favre beat us on the last play of the game in 90 at Cajun Field for our homecoming. James Freeman was our qb. In 89 we beat So Miss and Favre with a 50 yard fg by Mike Lemoine at their place. Brian Mitchell’s senior season.
    I remember thinking the game clock had run out when he threw the winning TD. I seem to remember the scoreboard clock going out, but that may my faulty middle age memory kicking in.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Yup. The one where their moment in the sun last football season was to have a female kick two PATs. It worked, eyes watched, almost everyone cheered...except probably the kicker at the bottom of the depth chart.

What changed in 6 hours. This morning people were saying it would only be USM and Marshall

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information