Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sun Belt Basketball Preview

Default Re: Sun Belt Basketball Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Dou at the 3 wouldn't shock me as he played there at the JUCO level. I would think that would be more likely while Kobe is taking a breather though and someone else at the 2 (Cadwell or Jones would still make that a very big lineup). Do you think the staff is confident in Kobe playing at the 2? Susceptibility to the press would be my main concern there as well.
    There is no way we can play lineup that features Kobe at the 2. He cant guard guards.

It would be rare but they have experimented with that lineup in practice. Perhaps Kobe sits when they use Dou at the 3 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Awkuba, Brown, and Williams will start as the writer projects. Kobe Julien will be a fourth starter. I don't know who will be the fifth guy. Cajuns80 is correct in that Harper and Jones are strong candidates for the spot. However, Durey Cadwell is moving very well now considering what he went through health wise the last two years. He is a candidate to start if either of the two guys mentioned earlier don't take a firm hold on the 2 guard role. Durey is the smartest guy on the team and that may cause the coaches to trust him more. Au may return to practice next week. Doubt he plays at Alabama on Sunday. Concern I have with this team is what happens to chemistry when some players who came in here with expectations of significant playing time have to sit more than they envisioned. If people in that situation continue to work and support their teammates who are on the court, it should be a successful season.

Chemistry is key, Most talented team in the SBC, won’t win it all without solid Chemistry. Chemistry will be important for the 3 most important games in MARCH… #GeauxCajuns #LetsGeauxDancing

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    Chemistry is key, Most talented team in the SBC, won’t win it all without solid Chemistry. Chemistry will be important for the 3 most important games in MARCH… #GeauxCajuns #LetsGeauxDancing
    Mr. Boyd is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Dou at the 3 wouldn't shock me as he played there at the JUCO level. I would think that would be more likely while Kobe is taking a breather though and someone else at the 2 (Cadwell or Jones would still make that a very big lineup). Do you think the staff is confident in Kobe playing at the 2? Susceptibility to the press would be my main concern there as well.
    I think the most affective lineup and down the stretch lineups will be the smaller ones we come up with to spread the floor and get driving angles to attack. Kobe and Due Guye IMO would be more affective at the 4 spot.

I’d also like to see full court pressing. We ten deep, no way we shouldn’t be pressuring the ball up the floor all game long…

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    I think the most affective lineup and down the stretch lineups will be the smaller ones we come up with to spread the floor and get driving angles to attack. Kobe and Due Guye IMO would be more affective at the 4 spot.

I’d also like to see full court pressing. We ten deep, no way we shouldn’t be pressuring the ball up the floor all game long…
    40 minutes of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    40 minutes of hell.
    It's the only way a Marlin coached team can win against decent competition. We have never been good in the half court offensively since he has been here. Transition is his forte; we should strive to play the entire game in transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    In the CBI ?
    In the conference tournament

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information