Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

Default Re: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Homecoming is a SaturDAY game . . .
    how many games on a Saturday have we had since the season has started ... reading comprehension is important

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    Just wake up earlier and start tailgating earlier. Lots of teams have that kickoff time and still have great fan support. I have sympathy for the argument against home games on a week night but the argument of an early kickoff seems a little silly to me.

Make it a Bloody Mary or mimosa tailgate, have fun, watch the Cajuns win and you get home early enough to head to Home Depot for a nice Saturday.
    A lot of those are P5 schools with established fan bases. It's a lot easier to see the Horseshoe full against a Michigan State or Oregon than it is a Louisiana vs Texas State.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    trick or treating is Sunday though..
    In some towns...seize the moment. Besides casual fan will love it...Tigers off that weekend. When the mothership wants you on tv there are two positives...your program is worth something and two, you say yes.

Maggard should get hammered for this and rightfully so.
    But does Maggard actually have a say in the matter? My understanding is no.

Absolutely dumb move!

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    But does Maggard actually have a say in the matter? My understanding is no.
    The last 4 games Thursday, Tuesday , Saturday at 11 am and then Thursday.. we have probably fulfilled our contract obligation

7. Default Re: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

how many games on a Saturday have we had since the season has started ... reading comprehension is important
    Well you are harping about this one and it is on a Saturday. Your point?

8. Default Re: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

The last 4 games Thursday, Tuesday , Saturday at 11 am and then Thursday.. we have probably fulfilled our contract obligation
    Again, you totally missed the point. However that is nothing unusual.

How about this.

I believe we have payed our dues.

We should demand compensation. Since ESPN is the organization we have been sacrificing to for for several years, it would be right and just for them to pick up the tabs of an exit fee from the SBC and an entrance fee to the AAC.

It's the right thing to do.

How many of those teams have had 1 Saturday game since the season started ..oh just us

Maggard should get hammered for this and rightfully so.
    Not being argumentative but if you want to prove the point of how many teams who have an 11 kick off time have had other home games, you’ll have to do the research to prove your point not me. Google it and see if the data proves your point or not.

I’m simply saying lots of teams, big P5 teams, national brands have early kickoff times and still have good fan support. It’s not is getting screwed, in fact it’s a testament to our team and brand that ESPN wants to air our game.

Excuses are like ear holes, we all have em and mine has wax in it. Whether it’s the kickoff time, weather, hunting season, trick or treating, Levi Lewis, or insert any other reason here that people won’t go to the game. I’m saying an 11 am kickoff is probably the silliest excuse of them all.

The line to get into the parking lots at other schools start lining up at 5:30 am for an anytime kickoff, I’ve been in that line lots of times.

Make a fun time of it. Go to bed early Friday night, stay up all night Friday night, crank up the music, enjoy a cold beverage, hopefully the weather will be good. Be a Cajun!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Look I was discussing this with an App State friend of mine recently. This is the downfall of being a better than average G5 football team. If we were terrible or below average, the only national television games we would get would be when we play the upper tier of the SBC games other than that we would be on Saturday but finishing at or near .500. Being the App, Coastal, UL and even to some extent traditionally strong Arkansas State, they are going to try to put us on national TV when they can. The more you win, the more you get screwed by ESPN because ESPN owns when you play if you are the better of the SBC teams. I hate that we play on Tuesdays, Wednesday's, Thursday's, Saturdays @ 11 AM, but I love this allot more than playing at 7PM on Saturday nights and being 4-8. or playing on Thursday night because we are playing Coastal or App but we are 4-8. Does it suck, yes, is it better than the alternative, 1000%. As a fan base, we need to make sure we show up whenever, wherever and whomever we play. You do that enough and you will start getting the respect we need. Programs like ours, to get recognized, need to play these games and get some of those people who are not familiar with UL, familiar with UL and if it takes a midweek or Saturday morning game to do it, SO F'N BE IT.
    +10000

Beats the hell out of Boise at 11 AM a few years back.

It was really nice the other night to have an old friend (a CMU grad) in Virginia text me the other night right AFTER the App game. We’re marketable.

Good post Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    Just wake up earlier and start tailgating earlier. Lots of teams have that kickoff time and still have great fan support. I have sympathy for the argument against home games on a week night but the argument of an early kickoff seems a little silly to me.

Make it a Bloody Mary or mimosa tailgate, have fun, watch the Cajuns win and you get home early enough to head to Home Depot for a nice Saturday.
    Hang out in our tailgate spot after the game and celebrate a victory!

14. Default Re: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

What happened to Homecoming festivities? People plan & spend time and money on travel arrangements, reunions, parade. This is going to cause plenty of disgust. Supporters & alumni don't mean much these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Hang out in our tailgate spot after the game and celebrate a victory!
    Heck yeah!!! Bring some candy to throw at the kids passing by.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information