Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

Default Re: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The answer to your question is no, we do not get a larger payout. But I ask you guys, as much as I dislike ESPN at times, is it their fault Texas State is shat in football? The conference decided the schedule and unfortunately outside of USA, our division is pure garbage.
    Well....not ULM...they beat Liberty who crushed 3 CUSA teams, including their bellcow UAB, along with ODU and MT. They are 3-3 and much improved from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    4 or 5 most likely..

I think as a fan base we should not take it in the ass and be happy. Then after the reeming pump sunshine. People need to voice their displeasure with the administration how ____ changes.
    And Louisiana fans protesting, strongly, is going to cause the president of Troy and the other seven schools who don't have to worry about this much, if at all, that they will be willing to forego all that money that Louisiana, App, and Coastal are making for them....

Look, I understand it sucks. But, unless you can come up with a realistic scenario where this can change, I don't understand the bi*(ing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    +10000
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Next contract negotiation
    SBC just has to fill its obligation to espn with number of slots to fill could easily set a limit on the amount each school plays

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Sorry, I think you are addressing that to me, but I can't figure out the underlined part. (I'm not being a smart-ass, I really don't understand what you are writing.)
    Not to you, to the complaining in general here. The word was complaining but the female dog way. Haha. I don’t like the change I can understand the frustration. But who are we complaining too. Maggard? He can’t control this. Dr. S? Maybe, he signed off on the contract with the rest of the league presidents. Espn? Good luck. Levi Lewis? I mean he does win a lot which gets us on the network.

I’m just wondering where to point fingers.

I will say I’m not a tailgater. Never had a spot and don’t show up till about an hour before kickoff most games. But actually I either have kid obligations or am watching the early games.

Next year we can set limits on midweek games for each SBC school the conference has more controls than the school.

Or we can have recruits show up to a 15k crowd on a Tuesday instead of 25 on a Saturday night
    Next year it's the same contract as this year. The conference has sold control to ESPN.

SBC just has to fill its obligation to espn with number of slots to fill could easily set a limit on the amount each school plays
    ESPN gets to choose and they are the ones who are obligated to fill the spots. You have this backwards.

I like this idea. Either limit the number of games each team plays midweek or adjust the payouts to give more money to the teams feeling the affects.

Also, it was already stated. We can start losing. That would solve it.

Absolutely incorrect. ESPN sets the schedule day and time.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Absolutely incorrect. ESPN sets the schedule day and time.
    Have you seen the contract?

12. Default Re: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

When you don’t get it, you just don’t get it.

None of these complaints are new or novel. All of them were there when the contract with ESPN was negotiated and will be there again when the next TV contract is negotiated.

I have a sneaking suspicion that when that next contract is negotiated, all of these complaints will most probably be at the bottom of the list of “items to be negotiated” with net revenue and TV exposures from the contract being right there on the top of the list of two items which really count.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I like this idea. Either limit the number of games each team plays midweek or adjust the payouts to give more money to the teams feeling the affects.
    ESPN and the conference don’t see us being on Tv as a negative, they don’t care about you tailgating. I think people don’t understand who is holding all the cards in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Would not be nearly as upset if we had another or 2 on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Well....not ULM...they beat Liberty who crushed 3 CUSA teams, including their bellcow UAB, along with ODU and MT. They are 3-3 and much improved from last year.
    At this point yes, who their opponents have beaten is not really relevant in the scope of who wants to watch them play. Their win was the best RPI win for them in 4 or 5 years. Their brand hasn't changed much over night. But if they win more games, it would be nice to play them on ESPN Plus, or ESPN 2 at the end of the season.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information