Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

1. Default Re: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

I don’t think ESPN cares that it is Homecoming, which is unfortunate,

Default Re: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKareem View Post
    What happened to Homecoming festivities? People plan & spend time and money on travel arrangements, reunions, parade. This is going to cause plenty of disgust. Supporters & alumni don't mean much these days.
    Many schools have the homecoming parade Friday night, easy peasy.

3. Default Re: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

I am not an alum of ESPN University. I don't think they should have that much control over every aspect of the school's business.

I am not an alum of ESPN University. I don't think they should have that much control over every aspect of the school's business.
    When you control the money, you control everything!

5. Default Re: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    When you control the money, you control everything!
    The old Golden Rule . .

Really think a few of y’all just flat out trolling our own…lol…

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    Not being argumentative but if you want to prove the point of how many teams who have an 11 kick off time have had other home games, you’ll have to do the research to prove your point not me. Google it and see if the data proves your point or not.

I’m simply saying lots of teams, big P5 teams, national brands have early kickoff times and still have good fan support. It’s not is getting screwed, in fact it’s a testament to our team and brand that ESPN wants to air our game.

Excuses are like ear holes, we all have em and mine has wax in it. Whether it’s the kickoff time, weather, hunting season, trick or treating, Levi Lewis, or insert any other reason here that people won’t go to the game. I’m saying an 11 am kickoff is probably the silliest excuse of them all.

The line to get into the parking lots at other schools start lining up at 5:30 am for an anytime kickoff, I’ve been in that line lots of times.

Make a fun time of it. Go to bed early Friday night, stay up all night Friday night, crank up the music, enjoy a cold beverage, hopefully the weather will be good. Be a Cajun!
    We dont have many traditions around here but the one we do have is an afternoon HC game ... Remember the last 11 am kickoff they had maybe 3k people in the stands for Boise state.

Teams that have kicked off at 11 am the last 2 weeks

Cincy played at 11 last weekend 3 Saturday afternoon kickoffs

Indiana played at 11 Saturday night game this weekend and 1 previous

Texas 2 afternoon Saturday games

LSU couple of Saturday night games

Ohio state .. servals night sat game

Toledo 2 afternoon games on Saturday

BG 2 afternoon games on Saturday

I can keep going but looks hard to find another screw job like we got

What happened to Homecoming festivities? People plan & spend time and money on travel arrangements, reunions, parade. This is going to cause plenty of disgust. Supporters & alumni don't mean much these days.
    Didn't you hear we have phantom tricker treating Saturday its for the best

Man, I cannot wait until the dots connect with the west side lights won’t be there for a year due to renovations. Weekday games if we’re on tv will be road games. Home games, daytime. Pass the popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    +10000
    Going up against Michigan vs MSU at the same time if we get 100k viewers we will be lucky .. plus we lose probably 10-15K additional tickets at the gate ____ing genius

11. Default Re: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

When I was a kid nothing said football more than a northern team with a noon kickoff on CBS.

I had no idea they were timing it to play at the warmest time of the day.

When I got older nothing said football more than a Louisiana team with a 7pm kickoff at the Swamp.

I had no idea they were timing it to attract the most fans.

Thanksgiving Day games are the only games that should be played at 11am

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    How many of those teams have had 1 Saturday game since the season started ..oh just us

Maggard should get hammered for this and rightfully so.
    What would you suggest he do? It's not his decision. I don't even think it's the conference's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    What would you suggest he do? It's not his decision. I don't even think it's the conference's decision.
    Get infront of it l for starters just don't drop the news in a tweet... second don't try and spin it like it's a great thing to be on the Ocho at 11 am

So how about the parade, what time will the band start playing, what time will the gates open up? Hopefully there is a cool front come through we had lots of people passing out for the Boise game. I'm going to have to re-evaluate if I'll get a tailgate spot next year just get my buddies to donate to the alumni association and tailgate there.

Tailgate after the game.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information