Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

Default Re: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Why is that funny? It makes total sense for the ho-hum crowd.
    Because its not true. Trick or treating times are on Sunday 6-8 in Lafayette Parish.

https://www.katc.com/news/around-aca...es-in-acadiana

2. Default Re: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

How about watch the game sober, get sauced celebrating a victory after?

Wow.

What a tremendous middle finger to Season Ticket holders and Tailgaters.

I understand everyone preferring a 4:00 or 6:00 PM kickoff. I prefer a night time kickoff as well. However, I don't understand anyone getting ______ed off at UL or the UL Administration. UL is a member of the Sun Belt Conference and the SBC has a contract with ESPN that allows such moves. It is what it is! Just show up at whatever time we kickoff and enjoy another Cajun victory!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Because its not true. Trick or treating times are on Sunday 6-8 in Lafayette Parish.

https://www.katc.com/news/around-aca...es-in-acadiana
    Yeah…just saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I understand everyone preferring a 4:00 or 6:00 PM kickoff. I prefer a night time kickoff as well. However, I don't understand anyone getting ______ed off at UL or the UL Administration. UL is a member of the Sun Belt Conference and the SBC has a contract with ESPN that allows such moves. It is what it is! Just show up at whatever time we kickoff and enjoy another Cajun victory!!!
    Do you spend thousands of dollars every year to prepare for and pay for Tailgating?

7. Default Re: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

ESPN trying to maximize its 11:00 viewership. It’s a compliment.

The school charges for a full season of tailgating.... That policy may need to be re evaluated after this season

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    The school charges for a full season of tailgating.... That policy may need to be re evaluated after this season
    They may need to go to a game by game price if this is how it's going to be every year.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Darn right.

Actually this falls on the conference as far as scheduling. I don't blame ESPN for not putting this game on ESPN Plus, or ESPN 2. No one wants to watch Texas State regardless of the opponent, the same reason we are playing Arkansas State on ESPNU this week. Schedule the App. State game on that same weekend and the crowd and atmosphere would be great. Coastal, Georgia Southern and maybe Troy in most years would be fine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    on ESPNU
    Jay, you know me....I'm a good company guy.

But, damn, how many sacrifices does this football team have to make?

This will be the fourth time this season we give it up for the Conference.

I've asked it before....Do we get a bigger cut of the Sunbelt contract than the toehr schools that get to play on Saturdays?

Or do ULM and Texas State get the same percentage as us?

Just really disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Jay, you know me....I'm a good company guy.

But, damn, how many sacrifices does this football team have to make?

This will be the fourth time this season we give it up for the Conference.

I've asked it before....Do we get a bigger cut of the Sunbelt contract than the toehr schools that get to play on Saturdays?

Or do ULM and Texas State get the same percentage as us?

Just really disappointing.
    Please explain how moving the kickoff time is a sacrifice for the football team.

14. Default Re: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

The pain of success, and we have had a lot of that lately.

This TV contract is toilet paper.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information