Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

Default Re: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Take ULM move it to a Wednesday before Thanksgiving. It's interconfrence and ULM get to be on TV for the 1st time in forever
    How does this help Louisiana and Homecoming?

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    How does this help Louisiana and Homecoming?
    You can move this game off espu inplace of ULM

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Possibly, but isn't the Arkansas St game on ESPNU? Why, because they are crap and no one expects great viewership for the game.
    That game was always on EspnU...and it’s normally a great game between us. I understand espn having the flexibility to add a TV game 2 weeks out in case you get a great matchup by surprise but it just doesn’t make sense to move this game 2 weeks out to tv, the games we have played against Texas state normally aren’t even competitive much less good. I also think homecoming games should be protected from time changes given everything going on around the game, move it to tv is fine but espn shouldn’t be able to change those game times.

You can move this game off espu inplace of ULM
    But, aren't the games on different days? Evidently, ESPN believes this is the best game they can have on the U, i.e., highest viewership. Are you suggesting ESPN simply go blank for those 3 1/2 hours or go with a game that will make them less money? Ane ESPN might have something scheduled for that time slot that they believe will generate more income than a Louisiana/ULM game that would have little interest within the state, much less outside of it. I can hear John Q. Fan in Schenectady now hollering to his beloeved. "Hurry up with the popcorn, honey, ULM is about to kick off to Louisiana."

Why would ESPN give a darn about backlash from Louisiana fans? You do realize that under the contract, ESPN sets the time of games and there's nothing Maggard or even the conference can do about it.

And do you think the president of Troy or ULM is willing to give up the ESPN money because Louisiana is inconvenienced?
    Exactly. So who are you _____ing too?

But, aren't the games on different days? Evidently, ESPN believes this is the best game they can have on the U, i.e., highest viewership. Are you suggesting ESPN simply go blank for those 3 1/2 hours or go with a game that will make them less money? Ane ESPN might have something scheduled for that time slot that they believe will generate more income than a Louisiana/ULM game that would have little interest within the state, much less outside of it. I can hear John Q. Fan in Schenectady now hollering to his beloeved. "Hurry up with the popcorn, honey, ULM is about to kick off to Louisiana."
    Instead of oh hey ain't that the team that won 2 games and lost to a Southland school who started football 10 years ago.... shocked they did not move this game to ABC

You can sell a story line with ulm & Texas state is a way worse team.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Lots of schools have 11a or 12noon starts. Whats to stop you from tailgating between 8a and 11a and again 3pish until Sunset. People manage. That idea of renting TG spots on a per game basis is interesting.
    Yes there are tons of programs that have early start times. Most of them are in the Big 10, MAC, & MWC. That’s because later in the year it gets freezing cold and the games suffer because if it.

The Southern programs who have early start times and getting $50M per year in league TV/Media payouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Exactly. So who are you _____ing too?
    Sorry, I think you are addressing that to me, but I can't figure out the underlined part. (I'm not being a smart-ass, I really don't understand what you are writing.)

9. Default Re: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

Instead of oh hey ain't that the team that won 2 games and lost to a Southland school who started football 10 years ago.... shocked they did not move this game to ABC

Man, give it up already. How many concussions did you get when you strapped it on? I’m really feeling sorry for you.

But, they are on different days. That doesn't help ESPN for this time slot.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Man, give it up already. How many concussions did you get when you strapped it on? I’m really feeling sorry for you.
    4 or 5 most likely..

I think as a fan base we should not take it and be happy. Then after the reeming pump sunshine. People need to voice their displeasure with the administration how ____ changes.

12. Default Re: Homecoming Kickoff Changed to 11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    After Homecoming, the last 10 Home games were....

4 midweek games

5 Saturday kickoffs at 11am-1pm.

1 Saturday night.

That's FUBAR
    Schizophrenic fans love it.

The rest are thrown hither and thither.

4 or 5 most likely..

I think as a fan base we should not take it and be happy. Then after the reeming pump sunshine. People need to voice their displeasure with the administration how ____ changes.
    They literally have no control in this matter, none...zero.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    They literally have no control in this matter, none...zero.
    Next year we can set limits on midweek games for each SBC school the conference has more controls than the school.

Or we can have recruits show up to a 15k crowd on a Tuesday instead of 25 on a Saturday night

Next year we can set limits on midweek games for each SBC school the conference has more controls than the school
    Next contract negotiation, 2030-2031

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information