Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tie breakers and App-CCU game

Default Re: Tie breakers and App-CCU game

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Overall conference record trumps ranking.
    But that's just it: if we both have just one loss, than would that not be a tie?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    But that's just it: if we both have just one loss, than would that not be a tie?
    If the east and west have the same record it goes head to head, if you didn’t play it goes to ranking.

3. Default Re: Tie breakers and App-CCU game

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    If the east and west have the same record it goes head to head, if you didn’t play it goes to ranking.
    Thank you, that's what I thought. But yeah it all goes away if....when...we win out. I am a
    fatalist I guess and always need to know worst case scenario, lol.

Just win the rest of our games. Nothing else matters

6. Default Re: Tie breakers and App-CCU game

Their are a number of reasons that we would like to host App vs Coastal for the Championship, but not the least of these is that App will travel better than Coastal. Also, I said it before, even though App thoroughly defeated Coastal (stat wise), we match up much better vs App than Coastal. Coastal's offense is very hard to defend and we have proven we struggle vs QB's that have the ability to do things with their feet. We can pin our ears back vs Brice and rush just our front 4. Verse Coastal we have to play much more discipline and spy McCall with Gardner/McCaskill and/or Pedescleaux/Moncrief. This forces them out of the play in allot of situations and they are some of our best defensive players. Also the ball comes out of McCall's hands really fast and Likely and Heiligh are hard to defend, specifically Likely, the problem with him is you take one of your best defenders as a LB and spy McCall and then the guy that you would expect to cover Likely over the middle is spying the QB, so it takes him out of the game, now you are probably covering him with a Safety and he is a physical specimen that can overpower most safeties. I like the fact that we can sit back and just cover the App WR's with our DB's and not have to worry about a uber talented TE or a scrambling QB. I will take my chances vs Brice over McCall. Now all that to be said, I think we can beat either team, but just personally I would rather face App. Also, we need to "take care our business" as CajunVic and Bachman Turner Overdrive have said. Also Coastal's big 3 recievers are 6'2, 6'3 and 6'4, App's big 3 are 5'10, 6'0 and 6'1.

It’s cfp ranking, does cfp rank all 130, say we’re tied with Coastal but neither are ranked. Highly unlikely, more of a hypothetical

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    It’s cfp ranking, does cfp rank all 130, say we’re tied with ciastal but neither are ranked. Highly unlikely, more of a hypothetical
    If no teams are ranked in the latest available CFP Selection Committee rankings going into the final weekend of the conference regular season, a composite average of selected computer rankings that include all games on the final weekend of the conference regular season, will be used to determine the host;

9. Default Re: Tie breakers and App-CCU game

But the key here is for App State to win out in conference (or at minimum remain tied with Coastal Carolina). If that happens and the Cajuns drop a conference game, the head-to-head would be between App State and Louisiana (as App State would hold the tiebreaker over Coastal Carolina).

Brian

10. Default Re: Tie breakers and App-CCU game

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    If Cajuns, app, and coastal all have one conference loss. I think app wins the east over coastal with the head to head. Then we host because the head to head over app. So we could lose 1 game. But we can’t lose it to tx state and have them win out. They would then have the tie breaker over us.
    Correct.

Brian

We will not have a conference loss. Both App and CCU have a conference loss. We host. Regardless of whether it is CC or App.

12. Default Re: Tie breakers and App-CCU game

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    We will not have a conference loss. Both App and CCU have a conference loss. We host. Regardless of whether it is CC or App.
    I am with you VO. I believe our Coach will have our team ready to play for the remaining games and that after getting shafted last year will not let themselves underperform for the rest of the season. This is our year. We have taken care of business so far and will continue to take care of business to the end.

So just thinking ahead: suppose app beats CCU Wednesday, and then they both win out the rest of the way. CCU would still be the east champs, right? Because they would still be presumably higher ranked?

And then if we win out the rest of the way, even though we’d win the west, we’d still have to go to CCU for the CCG, correct, since they’d out rank us? Just trying to think what the scenarios would be.
    Rank would only come if there is no head to head. For instance if we and coastal were both undefeated then rank would come in. If App and coastal both win out App wins the east because of the head to head.

I didn't know where to put this.

15. Default Re: Tie breakers and App-CCU game

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Rank would only come if there is no head to head. For instance if we and coastal were both undefeated then rank would come in. If App and coastal both win out App wins the east because of the head to head.
    That guy has been told every scenario for about a week now, time and time again and he never gets it. I suggest he wait until the end of the season and he will be told where and who will play in the SBCG.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information