Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soccer wins 3-0

UL Soccer Soccer wins 3-0

Cajuns just whipped up on Little Rock 3-0!!! 3!!! For this team?? That’s like football scoring 70.

Geaux Cajuns

Default Re: Soccer wins

Watched a little of the first half. Looked pretty good. Almost had a 4th goal that went off the crossbar.

Three winnable matches left, presently in 6th place.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Three winnable matches left, presently in 6th place.
    I only know about Louisiana soccer from what I read here.... I thought after last year the program was on the way up. Has it taken a down turn this year?

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I only know about Louisiana soccer from what I read here.... I thought after last year the program was on the way up. Has it taken a down turn this year?
    6-8-1 overall
    3-3-1 in conference

Played a tough out of conference schedule.
    Losses to Mississippi State, Kentucky, (17) Tennessee, (7) LSU, & Houston.
    Wins over Prairie View A&M, Southeastern, & Alcorn State.

They really struggle in the midfield connecting passes in the build up. Takes some time to get players comfortable and connected.

7. Default Re: Soccer wins

Lots of new faces this year. Talented but young. Staff knew it would be a rebuilding year.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Lots of new faces this year. Talented but young. Staff knew it would be a rebuilding year.
    Thanks for all of the responses. Is the general consensus that the program is moving in the right direction?

9. Default Re: Soccer wins

So, if they scheduled like MBB, they would be cooking with grease . . .

10. Default Re: Soccer wins

Thanks for all of the responses. Is the general consensus that the program is moving in the right direction?
    There are people here that would have better insight. I started really following the program the year prior to Coach Key’s hire. Developed a bit of a relationship with Coach Silas.

I would pretend to be some soccer buff. I know the game but I’m still learning the nuances and environment that go along with women’s collegiate soccer. From the little bit that I know and been able to learn, I feel comfortable with where we are. This staff is competent and they are competitors. They girls seem engaged and committed.

After the LSU&A&MC, it’s clear that the talent gap is wide. But I’ll say what I’ve said for the last few years. The KIND of soccer that Key is preaching (ball control & defense) will eventually end up in winning a conference championship, IMO.

For anyone still on the fence about this team, strongly encourage you to give them a shot. Especially if you have young ladies involved in youth soccer.

My daughter had a tourney with her Dynamo team in BR last weekend and one of the opposing coaches from a Mississippi club told her after the game that she was the best goalie he's ever seen in her age group. She's 10, 5'4" and one tough cookie. Hopefully she'll be wearing vermilion and white one day.

12. Default Re: Soccer wins

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog308 View Post
    My daughter had a tourney with her Dynamo team in BR last weekend and one of the opposing coaches from a Mississippi club told her after the game that she was the best goalie he's ever seen in her age group. She's 10, 5'4" and one tough cookie. Hopefully she'll be wearing vermilion and white one day.
    That is pretty cool

13. Default Re: Soccer wins

Enjoy this time while you can. Go to every game you can attend. They grow up fast and if you are fortunate, she will be playing at the next level. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Enjoy this time while you can. Go to every game you can attend. They grow up fast and if you are fortunate, she will be playing at the next level. Good luck.
    Amen to that...enjoy the ride cdog308...

BT, DT. Here’s a website for down the road. https://laprepsoccer.proboards.com/

Pay attention around NLI day how players in Louisiana sign and the number, with the caveat, like other sports, D1 programs are the real paid rides...very few D1s. The mods tend to be h/s and travel coaches, a good network to know. Board gets real busy during h/s season. Decades later, our kids still follow the international leagues, was a great decision. Truly the beautiful game. Enjoy and God bless.

As far as UL and progress, I expect to win two of the last three, end up mid pack. UL AC office hypes it up, go to tourney, might get lucky and make semis, slim shot at finals. Progress will be proclaimed. Yet still never made NCAAs. Honestly hope I’m wrong, but we’ve been lucky a few times...or AKA where skill and opportunity meet. We’ll get there, hope Coach Key gets us there.

That’s the weird thing about soccer...the most played youth sport in the world, yet to get traction in US. Women’s NCAA is a usual suspects thing at the top, but men...Stanford had a run, but Marshall won it all last year, Akron in 2010. And like anything, winning puts people in the stands.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information