Thread: App State Game TV Viewing

Default App State Game TV Viewing

COLLEGE FOOTBALL PRIME L: APPALACHIAN STATE/LOUISIANA ESPN2 7:30 PM 2 Persons 18-49 Year old Rating 0.10
    426,000 Total Viewers

66th place

MLB Dominated Sports Viewing that night.

I suspect, due to the length of the game and the score, the first half number may have been 50% larger that the final.

Default Re: App State Game TV Viewing

Hard to believe that this game drew nearly 300k fewer viewers than UL vs Ohio.

3. Default Re: App State Game TV Viewing

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    The power of MLB playoffs to the general public.

4. Default Re: App State Game TV Viewing

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    With a FB game on every night all season long, the insacable appetite for football that exists at the beginning of the season wanes as the season goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    With a FB game on every night all season long, the insacable appetite for football that exists at the beginning of the season wanes as the season goes on.
    I'm quite sure that the MLB playoff's had more to do with the TV audience than did the to time of the season.

The numbers are a pure statistical extrapolation. Viewing is measured using cable set top boxes. Nielsen already knows who is in the HH and who is watching. By who, I mean their demographic information..age, sex, etc. The "box" records who and when and channel viewing takes place. Also the viewing has to take place for at least 5 minutes inside a quarter hour.
    The # is mathematically extrapulated from that information at the "box" level. If 500 HH are watching a show for at least 5 minutes between 730p and 745p, then that viewing number is figured using a formula representing all cable tv HH. If 500 HH are viewing this program and there are 1 million sets in use, how many HH are then viewing the program. Demo # are derived the same way.

There are other factors and viewing standards involved, but that is the basic meat and potatoes of how this works.

Hey. We probably out ranked most of the CNN/MSNBC lineup. May have also barely nudged out Beach House Bargains and Bonanza reruns.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    COLLEGE FOOTBALL PRIME L: APPALACHIAN STATE/LOUISIANA ESPN2 7:30 PM 2 Persons 18-49 Year old Rating 0.10
    426,000 Total Viewers

66th place

I suspect, due to the length of the game and the score, the first half number may have been 50% larger that the final.
    Does this take into account the viewership at bars and restaurants? Being the only football game that night means it was on at every sports bar in America. That means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Does this take into account the viewership at bars and restaurants? Being the only football game that night means it was on at every sports bar in America. That means a lot.
    Good Question...Below is your answer...
    Nielsen counting out-of-home viewership is a game-changer, and a huge deal that can’t be overstated. OutKick reports that the out-of-home viewership will be incorporated into the numbers that Nielsen currently releases the day after events. While household rating numbers will remain constant, viewership is going to be an inexact comparison to previous year’s numbers. Nielsen will reportedly measure out-of-home viewership via a beeper-like device carried by people who are in Nielsen’s measurement sample

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    426,000 Total Viewers

66th place

What are the comparisons with other Tuesday nights in the past?

11. Default Re: App State Game TV Viewing

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    What are the comparisons with other Tuesday nights in the past?
    Good Q, I am interested in knowing the individual MLB game numbers.

My other Q is where did the ULAPP game rank among sporting events only.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Good Q, I am interested in knowing the individual MLB game numbers.

My other Q is where did the ULAPP game rank among sporting events only.
    Hit this link...https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked/tvratings

Thread Information