Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to be an App State fan...

UL Football Time to be an App State fan...

GEAUX MOUNTAINEERS!!!

#BeatCovidCarolina!!!

Default Re: Time to be an App State fan...

Already posted my support for App against CC in next week's contest on Yosef's Cabin (an App St message board). I'm all in for APP and, if we continue if take care of business, can't wait to host a championship game in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmac View Post
    Already posted my support for App against CC in next week's contest on Yosef's Cabin (an App St message board). I'm all in for APP and, if we continue if take care of business, can't wait to host a championship game in December.
    What's the overall Cajun Consensus? Do we want to host App here in championship game or go to the Covid Chickens and play them there for SBC championship game? Personally I'm kind of torn. I want to host here but i do want me some payback for what the Chickens did to us last year.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    What's the overall Cajun Consensus? Do we want to host App here in championship game or go to the Covid Chickens and play them there for SBC championship game? Personally I'm kind of torn. I want to host here but i do want me some payback for what the Chickens did to us last year.
    Another consideration. The advantage of Coastal being undefeated and ranked when we play for the championship vs. their losing to App, possibly being unranked, and playing in Lafayette....

I want CC to win out the regular schedule and have their highest ranking possible. Then hopefully, UL wins out. Leading to meeting and beating the Chickens in the Championship game, giving a boost to whatever ranking the Cajuns have at the time.
    I thinks it's best for the football program to go into the offseason ranked like last year, it would create another buzz and show some consistency.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Time to be an App State fan...

It's sweet revenge either way, whether we beat them or they do...

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #WinTheDamnChampionship!!!

I cannot, nor will I ever, pull for the covid chickens.

Let's play here for all the marbles.

8. Default Re: Time to be an App State fan...

GEAUX APP ST
    I want Covid Carolina to lose their remaining games. Couldn’t care less about a ranking. They’re not going to the playoff and the bowl won’t matter. We’ve done enough in this conference to elevate the perception. Coastal is a total fraud and needs to be exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    GEAUX APP ST
    I want Covid Carolina to lose their remaining games. Couldn’t care less about a ranking. They’re not going to the playoff and the bowl won’t matter. We’ve done enough in this conference to elevate the perception. Coastal is a total fraud and needs to be exposed.
    Then we need to expose them on national TV in the Championship game, with 2 possibly ranked teams, ranking for UL does matter, if you care about the perception of the program on a national level. I do.

10. Default Re: Time to be an App State fan...

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Then we need to expose them on national TV in the Championship game, with 2 possibly ranked teams, ranking for UL does matter, if you care about the perception of the program on a national level. I do.
    We will be ranked if we win the rest of our games and a conference championship anyway. It doesn’t solely depend on beating Covid Carolina.

Having any team in Lafayette is the best case scenario. It’s another home game for our fans, another money making opportunity and gives us the best chance to win an outright conference championship.

11. Default Re: Time to be an App State fan...

We will be ranked if we win the rest of our games and a conference championship anyway. It doesn’t solely depend on beating Covid Carolina.

Having any team in Lafayette is the best case scenario. It’s another home game for our fans, another money making opportunity and gives us the best chance to win an outright conference championship.
    If the final result is that we play the Covid Chickens there and do what we should do to them, at that time, I believe that rather than elevate us to their then rank, the voters will more than likely determine that it was a faux rank all along and we will then be ranked solely upon our merits at that time.

I also believe the best thing for the Cajuns is to play the championship game at home.

Those are good reasons to have another home game, and it's not a bad thing if it happens. I think though, we have the best chance for the highest ranking beating what would be a top 15 ranked team. Last year created incredible buzz for UL and it would continue with a win like that on national TV.

This is a better scenario (IMO) for our program, than playing cc there. We will have the opportunity to showcase our house, our fans, our team, our brand to the nation. That is free publicity and exposure not found over there. As much as I want to destroy them, it is more important to me that we host the championship game.

And if they (cc) going to be in it, I would just as soon let them lose every single game!

14. Default Re: Time to be an App State fan...

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Those are good reasons to have another home game, and it's not a bad thing if it happens. I think though, we have the best chance for the highest ranking beating what would be a top 15 ranked team. Last year created incredible buzz for UL and it would continue with a win like that on national TV.
    ….If there were a way to get an undefeated Chicks here that would be great…..but I want a sell-out UL championship game at the grotto in the Swamp!o

The benefits of hosting the SBC championship game exceed any other scenario. If the department goes all out for that week before the game, we will have over 25,000. If we are lucky and clinch host site before ULM game, the department will go all out and we will have over 30,000.

My two concerns are tickets and students.

Tickets arent an extension of the season ticket package. Dont know if sponsors will have access to their normal allotment. So all tickets will have to be bought for that game. The tickets for the 2019 game in Boone were $35 for adults, $25 for children. Tickets were free for App students back in 2019.

For students, finals are the next week. I think that will affect attendance.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information