Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Time to be an App State fan...

Default Re: Time to be an App State fan...

If App beats Coastal I believe the chickens will take a serious fall in the polls. Their schedule so far this year is weak. Collectively their opponents have been anemic. CC's opponents so far have a combined record of 9-24 (.272 winning %). So, the six teams that they have played so far have won a total of 9 games. They have not played a team that has more than two wins so far this year. The ONLY reason that Coastal is ranked #15 in the county is because that is where they started the season and they have not lost. And after App St. the only other team on their schedule above .500 right now is South Alabama (3-2).

A loss to a a two loss App St team will not only drop them out of the top 25, but will probably drop them to the bottom of the "other receiving votes" list.

If App beats Coastal, they can kiss that ranking goodby

I hope App embarrasses them.

4. Default Re: Time to be an App State fan...

The ranking only matters if Coastal beats App.

If App beats Coastal they could be ranked #1 and it would not matter.

Provided Louisiana runs the table.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I hope App embarrasses them.
    I believe App is going to pound them into the mountain turf in Boone next Saturday.

I think you are going to see a very ____ed of App team next week against a Covid C team that hasnt been tested and thinks very highly of themselves even though they haven't played any teams this year that could beat a decent high school team. It is the perfect storm for CC getting their ass kicked

7. Default Re: Time to be an App State fan...

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I think you are going to see a very ____ed of App team next week against a Covid C team that hasnt been tested and thinks very highly of themselves even though they haven't played any teams this year that could beat a decent high school team. It is the perfect storm for CC getting their ass kicked
    I surely hope App's QB is much better against CC than he was against us.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I know this for sure, App St. is smarting, embarrassed, and angry about the loss Tuesday night. That was their program's worst beat down by a peer school in almost two decades. Tuesday may have been the worst scenario Covid Carolina could have wanted. Next week they will be running into an angry, vengeful, and fired up team and fan base that is out to prove that what happened Tuesday night is not who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmac View Post
    Next Saturday they will be running into an angry, vengeful, and fired up team and fan base that is out to prove that what happened Tuesday night is not who they are.
    Agree with your assessment but the game with the COVID Carolina Beach Chickens is Wednesday October 20 on ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Agree with your assessment but the game with the COVID Carolina Beach Chickens is Wednesday October 20 on ESPN.
    Oops, my bad. But I believe the result will be the same .

For strength of schedule and “RPI”, We should
    Always root for teams we play to win (whether we win or lose) unless the teams they play we ALSO play.
    Then it gets complicated.

Nm

Me no care. Win out, the end.

CCU is 6-0. The combined wins for their opponents: 9. The Cajuns opponents: 16.

Can they tie? I have trouble pulling for either team. Because I 100% want to host the championship game I’m pulling for app. Plus I hate coastal after last year. They ruined our season twice.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information