Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Time to be an App State fan...

Default Re: Time to be an App State fan...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    If it happens...get ready for: Its too cold, its too early on Saturday, I can't set up my tailgate that early, Kids have plans, blah, blah, blah....

The 2021 Hercules Tires Sun Belt Football Championship will be played on Saturday, Dec. 4, and will be nationally televised on ESPN at 3:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. CT. The game will feature the champions of the conference’s East and West Divisions and will be played at the site of the divisional winner with the best overall conference record.
    Is national ranking the tiebreaker if both teams are undefeated in conference? Also, if App beats the Covid chickens and App loses another conference game, we would host the chickens if we run the table in conference.

2. Default Re: Time to be an App State fan...

If App beats Coastal and both Louisiana and Coastal are 11-1, Louisiana would have the best conference record.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Time to be an App State fan...

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Is national ranking the tiebreaker if both teams are undefeated in conference? Also, if App beats the Covid chickens and App loses another conference game, we would host the chickens if we run the table in conference.
    If both teams have the same Conference record, the tiebreaker is CFP ranking. I believe that our loss to Texas in game 1 will not hurt us as bad as a Week 8 loss to a 2 loss App will hurt Coastal. In fact, I expect our ranking will pass Coastal's immediately after their Week 8 loss. After we win out, we will have wins over everyone in conference that we played, plus a win over a very good Liberty team. Outside of conference, Coastal's best win will be Buffalo.

Also, if we win out in conference play and Coastal loses a conference game, we host, regardless of ranking and regardless of who wins the East..

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I understand your line of thinking. And you’re probably right about the hype of the game nationally. But I think long term, hosting is the best result, for our fan base.
    I think playing at home is always what is best for the team and our fans. All of us fans can do our part to make a statement nationally by simply showing up and attending home games in person. Just the visual appearance of 30,000 - 35,000 in Cajun Field to the TV audience would go a long way in improving our appeal on the national scene. Not to mention what it would do to the atmosphere in Cajun Field. For those reading this post that have not been to a Cajun game when the attendance has been 26,000 or more, it doesn't even feel like the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Zero chance
    Highly unlikely…but not zero chance.

Cincinnati is all but in the CFP. BYU is ineligible as an independent. So that leaves Coastal, SMU and San Diego State.

If SMU and SDS stub their toe and we win out…beating a potential Top 15 in the CCG, what keeps us out?

6. Default Re: Time to be an App State fan...

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Only one way to get 11-1 vs 11-1 in the Swamp. App beats Coastal then drops another conference game; UL and Coastal win out after the Chickens lose to App.
    Perfectly fine with this scenario. In fact, I prefer it.

7. Default Re: Time to be an App State fan...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post

Cincinnati is all but in the CFP. BYU is ineligible as an independent. So that leaves Coastal, SMU and San Diego State.

If SMU and SDS stub their toe and we win out…beating a potential Top 15 in the CCG, what keeps us out?
    SMU has Cincy left on their schedule, plus the possibility of the conference championship as well as decent games vs Houston, Memphis and UCF this is a possibility. SDSU has a 5-1 Air Force, a 4-2 Fresno, a 4-1 Nevada and Boise at 3-3 left on the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post

I remember seeing recently the CFP isn’t obligated to put another G5 team in a NY6 if Cincinnati makes the playoffs.

Now I remember seeing the opposite last year. Bht last year a G5 had little chance to make playoff. This year? Better.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I remember seeing recently the CFP isn’t obligated to put another G5 team in a NY6 if Cincinnati makes the playoffs.

Now I remember seeing the opposite last year. Bht last year a G5 had little chance to make playoff. This year? Better.
    https://twitter.com/jaredutsa/status...897950211?s=21

I said before the season started that app would be playing in Lafayette twice this year. I’m not so sure about that anymore. I’m hoping they beat coastal then drop another game so we get coastal at home. I’m also fine with going to an undefeated coastal and having the opportunity for revenge.

Well that just about answers my hypothetical NY6 path! If so…let’s geaux App!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmac View Post
    Already posted my support for App against CC in next week's contest on Yosef's Cabin (an App St message board). I'm all in for APP and, if we continue if take care of business, can't wait to host a championship game in December.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    What's the overall Cajun Consensus? Do we want to host App here in championship game or go to the Covid Chickens and play them there for SBC championship game? Personally I'm kind of torn. I want to host here but i do want me some payback for what the Chickens did to us last year.
    I’d like an extra Saturday tailgate at Cajun field since we only have 3 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by VajunCick View Post
    I’d like an extra Saturday tailgate at Cajun field since we only have 3 this year.
    That game would be legit as would the tailgating!

15. Default Re: Time to be an App State fan...

Of course this whole conversation is contingint on Louisiana running the table, but I'm not getting the importance of "and drops another game" for App or Coastal.

If App beats Coastal, the championship is at the Swamp.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information