Thread: No FG kicking game an advantage?

Default No FG kicking game an advantage?

Having no FG game to rely on long term, clearly not a good thing.....

But......hear me out

Vs App & in near term.....IMO yes, it proved to be our offense "get your mojo back" medicine this team needed. Every drive was a TD or bust mentality once inside the 35 and it showed. Players & coaches were in sync.....Not once (even the int at our 6) did I question the plays being called. There was a sense of urgency in every trip within FG range that we absolutely must score TD's.

Scared money don't make money

Default Re: No FG kicking game an advantage?

I had the same thought during the game. And it makes a lot of sense.

3. Default Re: No FG kicking game an advantage?

Last night was a perfect example of “scared money don’t make money”

We hit on a soft 17 all night long.

I know our kicking issues are an eyesore, but I thought I would add my 2 cents into this.

At the game Tuesday night, I was watching the kickers warming up. And this is just an observation, but #40, Logan Klotz had a very methodical way in which he ran through his kicks. He started at the 15yard line and kicked from the right hash mark, center, left hash mark. Then he would move back 5 yards, kick from all three angles, move back 5 and so on and so on until he reached the 40 yard line. I can only assume he would stay at the hash mark and kick again if he missed, BUT he never missed, not one time.

Nate Snyder, #36 went straight to the 35 yard line and kicked. He never changed hash marks. He made 3 of about 10 kicks. Never varied his routine.

So this made me curious about the Logan Klotz kid. His bio said he was ranked as the nation’s No. 20 kicking prospect by Kornblue Kicking coming out of Pope John Paul II High School…First-team All-State honoree following the 2018-19 and 2019-20 seasons…Holds his high school records for longest field goal made (48 yards), longest punt (66 yards) and highest punt average (45.8 yards).

He is a true freshman, but why isn't this kid kicking for us?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    I know our kicking issues are an eyesore, but I thought I would add my 2 cents into this.

At the game Tuesday night, I was watching the kickers warming up. And this is just an observation, but #40, Logan Klotz had a very methodical way in which he ran through his kicks. He started at the 15yard line and kicked from the right hash mark, center, left hash mark. Then he would move back 5 yards, kick from all three angles, move back 5 and so on and so on until he reached the 40 yard line. I can only assume he would stay at the hash mark and kick again if he missed, BUT he never missed, not one time.

Nate Snyder, #36 went straight to the 35 yard line and kicked. He never changed hash marks. He made 3 of about 10 kicks. Never varied his routine.

So this made me curious about the Logan Klotz kid. His bio said he was ranked as the nation’s No. 20 kicking prospect by Kornblue Kicking coming out of Pope John Paul II High School…First-team All-State honoree following the 2018-19 and 2019-20 seasons…Holds his high school records for longest field goal made (48 yards), longest punt (66 yards) and highest punt average (45.8 yards).

He is a true freshman, but why isn't this kid kicking for us?
    I watched Logan too, and said the same thing. We should be at least be giving this kid a chance.

Snyder is 0-2 on FG with 2 shanked xp misses in 2 games.....It is time to let the Freshman give it a try. Can't see how it can be worse

Thread Information