Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: What were the ESPN Viewership numbers for the App State game?

Default Re: What were the ESPN Viewership numbers for the App State game?

"The P.A. is too loud"
    "I dont like hippety hop music"
    "I cant even hold a casual conversation because the speakers were too loud"
    "Students used naughty words"

Geezus, some of you, i swear. Just stay home and watch the game.....so you can make sure no ones on your lawn. LoL!

2. Default Re: What were the ESPN Viewership numbers for the App State game?

30 years ago, I was that college student and my response was, if you don't like the language on the student side, why are you not on the other side. Now I am the father of a 14 year old and a 1 year old and my thoughts have not changed. The reality is if you are nervous that your child might hear some offensive language on the student side or in the REDZONE, then you probably shouldn't have your child on the student side. Their are plenty of seats available on the hill, the SEZ or the upper deck.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post

Any students who drunkenly wander onto this site....keep up the good work, and bring more friends next time.
    Here here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    30 years ago, I was that college student and my response was, if you don't like the language on the student side, why are you not on the other side. Now I am the father of a 14 year old and a 1 year old and my thoughts have not changed. The reality is if you are nervous that your child might hear some offensive language on the student side or in the REDZONE, then you probably shouldn't have your child on the student side. Their are plenty of seats available on the hill, the SEZ or the upper deck.
    Exactly when we sat in the student section that was our mindset.. welcome to the jungle

+1

You sure could bring it back in the day Dave! More than a few opposing players wanted to kick your …

7. Default Re: What were the ESPN Viewership numbers for the App State game?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post

Geezus, some of you, i swear. Just stay home and watch the game.....so you can make sure no ones on your lawn. LoL!
    Hey that's enough, my imagination is running wild.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    You sure could bring it back in the day Dave! More than a few opposing players wanted to kick your …
    LOL. Knowing Dave now, I'd give anything to see him in action 30 years ago!

During my time, we'd sit near the top of the student section...closer to the mixers...er cold drinks...Southern Comfort anyone? BTW, is that still a thing with todays students...slipping in a flask or a whole bottle?

In '95 we played UMASS at the Cajun Dome. Some yo yo got himself and his kids tickets in the middle of the students, then proceeded to try to get the staff to make us all sit down so he could see. Fool, you sitting with COLLEGE STUDENTS.

11. Default Re: What were the ESPN Viewership numbers for the App State game?

I remember two great ones, #1 was when one of the Memphis State WR (I still today believe that might have been Isaac Bruce) and he threatened to come in the stands at me for calling him Jiffy Pop Head, he had a do rag over his afro. I told him if he wanted to fight he could meet me at Taco Bell, because that was where I was going.

#2 was a punter for Arkansas State who's last name was Allison (he was terrible, he had shanked about 3 punts for less than 30 yards in the game) I kept calling him very derogatory girl names (you know since his name was Allison and all). After about 30 straight minutes of riding him, an Arkansas State lady came down to me and said "you need to stop doing that". I asked her why, and she said "because that is my son" and without batting an eye my response was......"Well your son sucks lady"

Another one was at the Cajun Dome vs UNO in basketball and their was a fellow that played for UNO that sat at the end of the bench and never got into the game. I was giving him hell for the entire game even when we were up by about 20 points and the coach still wouldn't put him in even though their were only a couple of minutes left. At the end of the game after me riding him all night, he turned and smiled and tapped his buddy (the player next to him) and pointed at me and laughed and said, "man that guy is good"

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    LOL. Knowing Dave now, I'd give anything to see him in action 30 years ago!
    It was epic!

13. Default Re: What were the ESPN Viewership numbers for the App State game?

It was epic!
    But my claim to fame was at a basketball game at halftime when Jay Walker walked up to me and asked me if I was a student, and I said yes....And he said man they need to take your ID away and never let you back in here.

But my claim to fame was at a basketball game at halftime when Jay Walker walked up to me and asked me if I was a student, and I said yes....And he said man they need to take your ID away and never let you back in here.
    LOLOLOL

After reading through this thread the majority of you wouldn’t want to sit anywhere close to me during a game and I’m damn near 40

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information