Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: What were the ESPN Viewership numbers for the App State game?

1. Default Re: What were the ESPN Viewership numbers for the App State game?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Capitaine View Post
    It’s just language. You’re an adult. You can handle it.
    I'm an adult I don't need to be around childish language. It's not adult talk, it's jibberish. They use the same few words to convey 100 different meanings. It shows a total lack of thought process and is a sign they have no clue what they are trying to say.

But you are right, I can handle it if it's said to me, and I have a lot of compassion for those who can't help themselves.

Default Re: What were the ESPN Viewership numbers for the App State game?

If the sacrifice we have to make to get students to the game is to hear profane chants, I'll make that deal with the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm an adult I don't need to be around childish language.
    Didn’t say it was creative. But they’re just words and they only have power or meaning if you give them power or meaning.

It’s just language. You’re an adult. You can handle it.
    WRONG! It is profane language in a public place, never a need for that. As was mentioned, just be a little more creative.

Here's an example of being brutal without profanity...girl's h/s soccer game years ago. One girl megs another (for the unknowing, a meg is when you pass the ball between a defender's legs). So the remark was "Oh there was a BALL between your legs". The comback was, "Well, at least I have not had half of Lafayette's balls beween my legs".

See how easy...find a way to be brutal without cursing. If hs kids figure it out, college students don't need to drop to the LCD.

I wonder if any parent in the NEZ with their children had to explain they were chanting "Let's Go Brandon"...

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Here's an example of being brutal without profanity...girl's h/s soccer game years ago. One girl megs another (for the unknowing, a meg is when you pass the ball between a defender's legs). So the remark was "Oh there was a BALL between your legs". The comback was, "Well, at least I have not had half of Lafayette's balls beween my legs".

See how easy...find a way to be brutal without cursing. If hs kids figure it out, college students don't need to drop to the LCD.

I wonder if any parent in the NEZ with their children had to explain they were chanting "Let's Go Brandon"...
    If the intent can be harsher without profanity then you’re proving my point. Why do we care about the words one uses if the intent behind what they’re saying isn’t determined by the words?

Didn’t say it was creative. But they’re just words and they only have power or meaning if you give them power or meaning.
    App players were trying to get into stands to fight the students .. I love it.

If the intent can be harsher without profanity then you’re proving my point. Why do we care about the words one uses if the intent behind what they’re saying isn’t determined by the words?
    Because,

"We live in a society"

-George Costanza

LOL, JK, IDC Let the students have fun as long as they keep coming. The young, inocent ears don't understand what they're hearing or the meaning, anyway.

9. Default Re: What were the ESPN Viewership numbers for the App State game?

I feel pretty certain that almost every set of football stands in the country is at some time before during or after the game hearing some chant about Brandon. It is what it is.

"Oh there was a BALL between your legs". The comback was, "Well, at least I have not had half of Lafayette's balls beween my legs...."

The Hudspeth's played soccer?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    App players were trying to get into stands to fight the students .. I love it.

DEMETRIUS TAYLOR

Jeez, we beg the students to come, then act like old ladies when 18-22 year old college students act like 18-22 year old college students.

Sure they don't have to use profanity. Neither do grown up football coaches. Good luck with both.

Any students who drunkenly wander onto this site....keep up the good work, and bring more friends next time.

The average 7 years old wouldn’t catch this. But they surely would want to know what F is.

If you have espn+ you can watch on demand. Rewatched it yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    "Oh there was a BALL between your legs". The comback was, "Well, at least I have not had half of Lafayette's balls beween my legs...."

The Hudspeth's played soccer?

Naw, before his move here. I couldn’t quit laughing when I heard it. Very creative wording where refs wouldn’t catch it. Blackham type smack. Kind of like one opposing assistant coach in Blackham was told his wife’s pregnancy was a “team effort”…classic.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information