Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: LEVI LEWIS DELIVERED

Default Re: LEVI LEWIS DELIVERED

I think the two completed deep balls early on were huge. They made App State's safeties have to think twice about selling out to the run or to our usual short passing routes.

2. Default Re: LEVI LEWIS DELIVERED

Levi thanks you all for the nice recognition . . .

Levi's MUM

3. Default Re: LEVI LEWIS DELIVERED

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Smith also deserves some recognition. He has undeservedly been beat up pretty bad here also.
    I love Chris Smith ... extraordinary athlete. Also arguably the fastest RB in the country. Elite speed.

And totally agree with this thread ... Levi Lewis was outstanding and delivered. While he has had some struggles, there is a reason he is QB1 and he stepped up big time.

Brian

Smith also deserves some recognition. He has undeservedly been beat up pretty bad here also.
    Smith did play really well, though I'm not sure he's been beat up on here so much as people questioning how he was being used.

I still think he would best be used similar to how we used Raymond Calais; however, that is just my unprofessional opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Smith did play really well, though I'm not sure he's been beat up on here so much as people questioning how he was being used.

I still think he would best be used similar to how we used Raymond Calais; however, that is just my unprofessional opinion.
    Nobody here has beat up on Smith like you said. It's just hard watching us run him up the A gap when our line is getting no push when we could be pushing him to the outside to use some of that speed we always talk about. It's the way he's used. I don't think he's a primary back but with the holes our line were creating last night, that will make many backs look good. Our backs took advantage and played well.

6. Default Re: LEVI LEWIS DELIVERED

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Nobody here has beat up on Smith like you said. It's just hard watching us run him up the A gap when our line is getting no push when we could be pushing him to the outside to use some of that speed we always talk about. It's the way he's used. I don't think he's a primary back but with the holes our line were creating last night, that will make many backs look good. Our backs took advantage and played well.
    Go back and look at the Ga So thread and you will see several saying Smith should have limited to no touches at running back in favor of the other two backs. I believe all three are good as well as our QB and Coach. Our Coach did his part and Smith took care of the rest last night. He is a running back on our team deserving of his touches.

7. Default Re: LEVI LEWIS DELIVERED

Go back and look at the Ga So thread and you will see several saying Smith should have limited to no touches at running back in favor of the other two backs. I believe all three are good as well as our QB and Coach. Our Coach did his part and Smith took care of the rest last night. He is a running back on our team deserving of his touches.
    A winner has to have the ability to put past games behind them and move on.

8. Default Re: LEVI LEWIS DELIVERED

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    A winner has to have the ability to put past games behind them and move on.
    I am proud to see we had a good number of winners here on the board last night.

Unfortunately a small group still have a little work to do if they are going to be winners.

That is the group I am pulling hard for.

9. Default Re: LEVI LEWIS DELIVERED

…..I think we have the best of 3 worlds……If you block, run the ball, catch a pass, fake a direction for say 3-8 plays your skill is diminished in my view……love to see Chris, Montreal, or Amanti coming in or going out of the game…..we have been so blessed with multiple stars as RBs……of course my favorite is ??????? IDK!!!

Don't misquote me. I said I felt that Levi, Johnson and Bailey should have more carries and that Smith should be used in the same role he had last year, a change of pace back who would get fewer carries. My opinion hasn't changed, though Smith did have a good game Tuesday.

As for Levi, Tuesday was a fantastic game for him; largely because our game plan played to his strengths rather than to his weaknesses. No one, including me, has ever questioned Lewis' leadership qualities or his ability as a running threat. He is limited in the passing game, but his limits can be minimized by planning a game with fewer plays that demand him to overcome his limitations and more plays that emphasize his strengths. Napier did that Tuesday, and Levi responded brilliantly.

11. Default Re: LEVI LEWIS DELIVERED

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Don't misquote me. I said I felt that Levi, Johnson and Bailey should have more carries and that Smith should be used in the same role he had last year, a change of pace back who would get fewer carries. My opinion hasn't changed, though Smith did have a good game Tuesday.

As for Levi, Tuesday was a fantastic game for him; largely because our game plan played to his strengths rather than to his weaknesses. No one, including me, has ever questioned Lewis' leadership qualities or his ability as a running threat. He is limited in the passing game, but his limits can be minimized by planning a game with fewer plays that demand him to overcome his limitations and more plays that emphasize his strengths. Napier did that Tuesday, and Levi responded brilliantly.
    What I am seeing more this year than years in the past is our WR's are getting separation on deep balls, specifically Michael Jefferson and Kyren Lacy and to some extent John Stephens Jr. and Dontae Fleming. I think that Levi feels more comfortable on the deep throws to Jefferson, man that guy is doing more with less catches. He is leading the team with 190 receiving yards on only 8 catches. To put that in perspective, he is in a 4 way tie for 5 on the team in receptions with JSJ, Neal Johnson, Peter Leblanc and Errol Rogers JR. He is averaging 23.75 yards a catch, the next closest guy to him with a minimum of 8 catches is Stephens JR with 15.13 yards per catch and then it is Kyren Lacy with 13.92. He is killing it on the long passes and he seems to catch them all.

I spoke before the season started that I thought he would be the biggest surprise for us on offense and it is coming to fruition. Levi has thrown the ball to 17 different players and 13 of those guys have at least 5 catches on the season, so he is spreading it out all over the field. Just some comparisons

App State 15 total receivers, but only 7 have more than 5 catches.
    Coastal 17 total receivers, but only 4 have more than 5 catches.
    Troy 13 total receivers, 10 of them have more than 5 catches.
    Georgia State 16 total receivers, but only 7 of them have more than 5 catches.
    Georgia Southern 13 total receivers, but only 6 of them have more than 5 catches.
    Texas State 16 total receivers, but only 9 of them have more than 5 catches.
    South Al 12 total receivers, but only 6 of them have more than 5 catches.
    ULM 13 total receivers, but only 3 of them have more than 5 catches.
    Arkansas State 17 total receivers, 11 of them have more than 5 catches.

So the Cajuns are tied with the most used receivers on the season with Arkansas State and Coastal, both of which are high powered throwing offenses, but only the Cajuns have 13 of these guys making significant contributions. Troy and Arkansas State are the only ones with double digit guys making more than 5 catches. The reason I bring this up is because it makes it really hard to guard all of our guys if they are spread out all over the field making catches.

Thank you, Michael Jefferson for making me look smart.

12. Default Re: LEVI LEWIS DELIVERED

He signed, sealed, delivered? Or?

IMHO, Levi goes as the OL goes. The App game was one of their best games.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    IMHO, Levi goes as the OL goes. The App game was one of their best games.
    I would imagine every QB ever, goes as the OL goes. Pass blocking and a running game help all QBs look good

15. Default Re: LEVI LEWIS DELIVERED

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I would imagine every QB ever, goes as the OL goes. Pass blocking and a running game help all QBs look good
    Oh c’mon Jacob, it’s just ours . . .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information