Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: LEVI LEWIS DELIVERED

Default Re: LEVI LEWIS DELIVERED

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Outside of the poor throw in the endzone for the interception, he played as good as I've seen him play any other night. He may have had better stats against a few other teams, but those teams were not as good as App State. He made good decisions and was in control of the offensive all night long.
    And T, I actually thought the endzone pass wasn't that bad. It was a fade route that hit the receiver in the hands but Lacy failed to get the better position earlier and go up for it. I thought the worst throw was the crossing route Williams ran that LL just put behind him. Had he hit him, its a 1st down with possible good RAC.

Definitely glad he's getting his due. Played well although I thought they scaled him back too much mid to late part of the game but I don't think there are many fans today that would say they would have rathered have Brice as our QB over LL like they said last week.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Levi>Brice
    And it’s not close
    Yeah, I thought the same thing watching the game with how much I heard the opposite leading up to this game.

Lewis played very well. App St. was getting into our backfield a lot early in the game. Lewis handled it well and was more accurate. The Defense was on last night. The tackling was terrific wrapping up the App St. backs and receivers. Just solid. Impressive victory all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Outside of the poor throw in the endzone for the interception, he played as good as I've seen him play any other night. He may have had better stats against a few other teams, but those teams were not as good as App State. He made good decisions and was in control of the offensive all night long.
    Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    And T, I actually thought the endzone pass wasn't that bad. It was a fade route that hit the receiver in the hands but Lacy failed to get the better position earlier and go up for it. I thought the worst throw was the crossing route Williams ran that LL just put behind him. Had he hit him, its a 1st down with possible good RAC.

Definitely glad he's getting his due. Played well although I thought they scaled him back too much mid to late part of the game but I don't think there are many fans today that would say they would have rathered have Brice as our QB over LL like they said last week.
    They ran the same route two consecutive plays, I disagree that the interception was on the receiver. I don't think Coach Napier thought so as well. For the most part when the plays weren't there, he got rid of the ball well.

Just about all of Levi’s pass plays started with him having to move around in the pocket. As usual he escapes the rush as good as anyone and last night followed it up with a lot of accurate passes. Poised!!!

7. Default Re: LEVI LEWIS DELIVERED

Levi's pocket presence was 2nd to none.

Levi did what he does which is win games. Some of his throws were rushed because the D-line was in the backfield. Here's his stat lines this year.

Texas 28-40 (70%), 282 yards, 1 TD
    Nicholls 19-33 (58%), 304 yards, 2 TD
    Ohio 21-29 (72%), 212 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
    Ga Southern 17-28 (61%), 249 yards, 3 TD
    South Al 9-20 (45%), 49 yards [In a rain storm]
    App State 15-25 (60%), 209 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

Don't love on the QB after App State if you hate on him the other weeks.

I’ll take him all day and twice on Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Levi did what he does which is win games. Some of his throws were rushed because the D-line was in the backfield. Here's his stat lines this year.

Texas 28-40 (70%), 282 yards, 1 TD
    Nicholls 19-33 (58%), 304 yards, 2 TD
    Ohio 21-29 (72%), 212 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
    Ga Southern 17-28 (61%), 249 yards, 3 TD
    South Al 9-20 (45%), 49 yards [In a rain storm]
    App State 15-25 (60%), 209 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

Don't love on the QB after App State if you hate on him the other weeks.
    Coach you talking like a former QB!!!! Man I think you guys will win state this year. Yall looking good.

Without a doubt! Levi balled!

12. Default Re: LEVI LEWIS DELIVERED

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Coach you talking like a former QB!!!! Man I think you guys will win state this year. Yall looking good.
    Don't deflect. Coach said learn to like Levi . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    QBs stick together lol

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Just getting home, but LL balled out tonight. Deserved its own thread.
    I think this was Levi Lewis’s best game of his career. He’s had games with gaudier stats, but decision making and pocket presence was off the charts last night.

This was what all the detractors of Levi has hoped to see all season. The play calling was there, the execution was there and the results showed on the field.

3 poor passes all night. One was a pick, but he was hit on the throw. 2 drops that hurt, both should have been caught.

Huge game, the credit goes to Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I think this was Levi Lewis’s best game of his career. He’s had games with gaudier stats, but decision making and pocket presence was off the charts last night.

This was what all the detractors of Levi has hoped to see all season. The play calling was there, the execution was there and the results showed on the field.

3 poor passes all night. One was a pick, but he was hit on the throw. 2 drops that hurt, both should have been caught.

Huge game, the credit goes to Lewis.
    This 10000000x

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information