Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

1. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Any reason it would be in Conway "again"? How are tiebreakers determined?
    If both teams have the same conference record, it will come down to who is the higher rated team in the standings, currently that would be Coastal.

2. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    If both teams have the same conference record, it will come down to who is the higher rated team in the standings, currently that would be Coastal.
    If they have the same conference record, it will be Coastal then also.

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    WHATS UP MFERS! Great day in Lafayette, LA.

Here's our reaction pod - https://player.captivate.fm/episode/...4-1cb3c368cff4
    I’ve been patiently waiting for this one. Time to listen while I enjoy my Ragin Cajun Cheeseburger at Sonic in lovely Jeanerette!

4. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I’ve been patiently waiting for this one. Time to listen while I enjoy my Ragin Cajun Cheeseburger at Sonic in lovely Jeanerette!
    Yea… between celebrations, libations and wife frustrations, we had to punt last night. Sorry about that.

Hell of a game!

stAte should never be a trap game. It’s always been fk em!!

6. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

We have gotten out of the trap . . . Katie bar the door . . . we com'n

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Yea… between celebrations, libations and wife frustrations, we had to punt last night. Sorry about that.
    Figured that. Tough during the week with getting home late.

8. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

But damn well worth it . . .

I have not started my breakdown of stAte as of yet, but just looking at some things with this Red Wolves team. They are bad against the run, they are bad against the pass and they are unable to run the ball effectively all season. Where they do excel is in the air, they can throw the ball all over the field and they do. But the good news for the Cajuns is for the 3rd game in a row, we will be facing QB's who will not beat you with their legs, both Hatcher and Blackman are going to try to drop back and throw the ball, Hatcher might be a little better running than Blackman, but neither guy is a threat. That means we should be able to put pressure on them. stAte has given up 24 sacks in 6 games. That is 4 a game on the other side of the ball they only have 9 sacks on the season. They don't pressure the QB and they don't block well either in the running game or passing game. This is a team that is giving up a total of 584 yards a game on defense of those 584 they are equal opportunity offenders. They give up 268 yards on the ground and 315 through the air. Meanwhile they only rush for 75 yards a game, while passing for 358 yards a game. Most of that is because they are trying to play catch up all game. They have been outscored 280-180 on the season. They have given up 21 vs Central Arkansas, 55 vs Memphis, 52 vs Washington, 41 vs Tulsa, 59 vs Georgia Southern and 52 vs Coastal Carolina. They are really bad on defense, I mean really bad.
    Blackmon is out with an injury

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Hell of a game!

stAte should never be a trap game. It’s always been fk em!!
    But it is.....

I have not started my breakdown of stAte as of yet, but just looking at some things with this Red Wolves team. They are bad against the run, they are bad against the pass and they are unable to run the ball effectively all season. Where they do excel is in the air, they can throw the ball all over the field and they do. But the good news for the Cajuns is for the 3rd game in a row, we will be facing QB's who will not beat you with their legs, both Hatcher and Blackman are going to try to drop back and throw the ball, Hatcher might be a little better running than Blackman, but neither guy is a threat. That means we should be able to put pressure on them. stAte has given up 24 sacks in 6 games. That is 4 a game on the other side of the ball they only have 9 sacks on the season. They don't pressure the QB and they don't block well either in the running game or passing game. This is a team that is giving up a total of 584 yards a game on defense of those 584 they are equal opportunity offenders. They give up 268 yards on the ground and 315 through the air. Meanwhile they only rush for 75 yards a game, while passing for 358 yards a game. Most of that is because they are trying to play catch up all game. They have been outscored 280-180 on the season. They have given up 21 vs Central Arkansas, 55 vs Memphis, 52 vs Washington, 41 vs Tulsa, 59 vs Georgia Southern and 52 vs Coastal Carolina. They are really bad on defense, I mean really bad.
    Just a heads up is that ark state had one of the worst defenses last year and we couldn’t do much against them…. Hopefully this year will be different… Hatcher is the better QB over Blackmon….let’s hope their last home lost makes them tap out and they just go through the motions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    That's how I feel. I want the highest ranking possible coming out of the East.
    I agree for a different reason. I want to beat CCU for the personal satisfaction of last year and also so we can beat the top three teams from the East. I’m tired of all that talk that the East carries this league.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    1. First time since joining the league App has been held to one touchdown in a league game.

2. Worst loss for App in a conference game since joining the league.

3. Worst loss in a conference game since 2004 in the SoCon when GS hammered them.

Seth Lewis at KATC was kind enough to have me on for a mic'd up segment. He asked me about the Cajuns' performances and would it be good enough to beat App. I said no but I also reminded everyone the old saying for the investment firm...."past performance does not necessarily indicate future results."

And, as fans, that's what we need to remember. Every time we complain about a WIN because we didn't play particularly well, we project that to when we play good teams.

I didn't see 41-13. I don't think anyone did. But I was pretty confident we would play well.

Levi set the tempo early and the running game took over in the second half...all according to plan.

Patrick Toney is a ____ing rock star.

Trap game next week.
    Very big TRAP game, but also we have a couple extra days to prepare, so I don't mind that.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    But it is.....
    I’ve always thought a trap game was over looking a weak opponent while looking ahead to a better opponent. So are you saying we’ll be looking ahead to TX St, or do you mean this will be a let down game? Is there a difference?

15. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    I’ve always thought a trap game was over looking a weak opponent while looking ahead to a better opponent. So are you saying we’ll be looking ahead to TX St, or do you mean this will be a let down game? Is there a difference?
    I don’t think it’s a traditional “trap” game. I do think it’s a very dangerous spot for a “let down” game though.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information