Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I have not started my breakdown of stAte as of yet, but just looking at some things with this Red Wolves team. They are bad against the run, they are bad against the pass and they are unable to run the ball effectively all season. Where they do excel is in the air, they can throw the ball all over the field and they do. But the good news for the Cajuns is for the 3rd game in a row, we will be facing QB's who will not beat you with their legs, both Hatcher and Blackman are going to try to drop back and throw the ball, Hatcher might be a little better running than Blackman, but neither guy is a threat. That means we should be able to put pressure on them. stAte has given up 24 sacks in 6 games. That is 4 a game on the other side of the ball they only have 9 sacks on the season. They don't pressure the QB and they don't block well either in the running game or passing game. This is a team that is giving up a total of 584 yards a game on defense of those 584 they are equal opportunity offenders. They give up 268 yards on the ground and 315 through the air. Meanwhile they only rush for 75 yards a game, while passing for 358 yards a game. Most of that is because they are trying to play catch up all game. They have been outscored 280-180 on the season. They have given up 21 vs Central Arkansas, 55 vs Memphis, 52 vs Washington, 41 vs Tulsa, 59 vs Georgia Southern and 52 vs Coastal Carolina. They are really bad on defense, I mean really bad.
    I believe Blackmon is out. We will face Hatcher.

2. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Thanks, like I said I had not started my breakdown as of yet and allot of that I find as I am doing my research. But either way, neither is much of a threat as a runner, we are familiar with Hatcher as we have faced him before.

I have not started my breakdown of stAte as of yet, but just looking at some things with this Red Wolves team. They are bad against the run, they are bad against the pass and they are unable to run the ball effectively all season. Where they do excel is in the air, they can throw the ball all over the field and they do. But the good news for the Cajuns is for the 3rd game in a row, we will be facing QB's who will not beat you with their legs, both Hatcher and Blackman are going to try to drop back and throw the ball, Hatcher might be a little better running than Blackman, but neither guy is a threat. That means we should be able to put pressure on them. stAte has given up 24 sacks in 6 games. That is 4 a game on the other side of the ball they only have 9 sacks on the season. They don't pressure the QB and they don't block well either in the running game or passing game. This is a team that is giving up a total of 584 yards a game on defense of those 584 they are equal opportunity offenders. They give up 268 yards on the ground and 315 through the air. Meanwhile they only rush for 75 yards a game, while passing for 358 yards a game. Most of that is because they are trying to play catch up all game. They have been outscored 280-180 on the season. They have given up 21 vs Central Arkansas, 55 vs Memphis, 52 vs Washington, 41 vs Tulsa, 59 vs Georgia Southern and 52 vs Coastal Carolina. They are really bad on defense, I mean really bad.
    Ragin Dave gets a game ball and a helmet sticker for his astute observation that Bryce was not a runner, as we have seen from past APP State QB's. Dude is slow and not too coordinated...that and UL Defense beat his AZZZ up...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, I think you are right T. Hatcher is a better passer IMO.

5. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Ragin Dave gets a game ball and a helmet sticker for his astute observation that Bryce was not a runner, as we have seen from past APP State QB's. Dude is slow and not too coordinated...that and UL Defense beat his AZZZ up...
    But ironically he ran for their only TD. With all of the weapons they have on offense, their was no way I would have predicted that App's only TD would have been the guy pulling the ice wagon getting into the endzone last night.

Now that being said, they played without Cameron Peoples last night and while Noel is a good RB, he is small and I don't believe he is an every down back and it showed last night, Deitrich Harrington was their and he is good, but he only got 2 carries, so obviously he was not 100%, if we face them again, their is a good chance they will have all 3 really good RB's available and they will be a different looking team, but that being said, Brice does not scare me.

6. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

There is a total meltdown going on on the App State board. If you are not familiar with their fan board here is the link.

http://www.yosefscabin.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

There is a total meltdown going on on the App State board. If you are not familiar with their fan board here is the link.

It crashed briefly last night late in game, and crashed during our game with them last year.

In all fairness, this site would be in meltdown if we were in their shoes.

Their coach in the post game presser “Lafayette” us a few times. Now I wish CBN would of let Fields let it fly downfield at the end.

Go App! Beat chickens!

Name:  tumblr_3560937dcb44113b41165aff244b82d4_4563b23f_640.gif
Views: 337
Size:  8.43 MB

10. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

WHATS UP MFERS! Great day in Lafayette, LA.

Here's our reaction pod - https://player.captivate.fm/episode/...4-1cb3c368cff4

Actually looking forward to slycat’s “week in gifs” on the CSSN site. Dude usually kills it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    You just love being a fan after nights like last night. Especially when you get to enjoy this for a week plus before your next game. I actually feel bad for the team because their enjoyment is on a timer. They have to get back to work and focus on the next game. Fans, we're drinking umbrella drinks for the next few days.
    Someone let MAT know that there's now something called Truly Plus or Truly Extra. It's twice the ABV of regular Truly. Either get sideways with just half the consumption, or just get double sideways!

PS…I want Coastal to win out the regular season. You read that correctly. I want to beat their ass in Conway and finish the season back in the AP/Coaches Top 25!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    PS…I want Coastal to win out the regular season. You read that correctly. I want to beat their ass in Conway and finish the season back in the AP/Coaches Top 25!
    That's how I feel. I want the highest ranking possible coming out of the East.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Any reason it would be in Conway "again"? How are tiebreakers determined?

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information