Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

That last run by MJ was amazing kid is going to be Special! In a program with ton of Running back pedigree

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    That last run by MJ was amazing kid is going to be Special! In a program with ton of Running back pedigree
    What about the back flip in the endzone. Cajuns running backs showing off some athleticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I remembered Miami beating them bad In Boone a while back. I looked it up. 45-10 In 20-16. Georgia southern beat app by 20 in 2018. Think that was their biggest conf loss to date.
    Biggest loss was South AL 2014

47-21

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    What about the back flip in the endzone. Cajuns running backs showing off some athleticism.
    https://twitter.com/veryhotsoup/stat...wu4UB7ROA&s=19

Dude floated

Ragin' Cajuns Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, that was out of left field. I picked the Cajuns by two, not two dozen (plus).
    I don't believe ANYONE saw this coming...

WAY TO GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #WinTheDamnConference!!!

I'm happy to say I was surprised. Didn't feel too good going into this game with the way we've played inconsistently most of the year and App has been pretty tough. We manhandled them.

App doesn't have the size to match up with us. Neither does CC chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    App doesn't have the size to match up with us. Neither does CC chickens.
    We looked bigger AND faster. I'm no football expert, but that seems like a good thing.

9. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

I said it before the game, the front 7 was going to be key. I also said that Ferrod had a monster game vs App last year as well as Manac. Ferrod for the 3rd week in a row was our leading tackler. The man is a tackling machine and he is not 100%.

10. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

The other key was two defensive players, D'Marco Jackson and Demtrious Taylor. Jackson was averaging 10+ tackles a game, finished the game with 3 tackles. Taylor is a beast on the D Line, he only finished with 1 tackle. So their best defensive disrupters only had 4 tackles on the night. Our biggest single disrupter in Gardner had 7 tackles by himself. The other thing that was amazing to me was the play of the DB's. We just went up against the best 3 starting WR's in the conference and arguably in all of G5, this group has the talent to play at most P5 schools and look at the numbers.

Malik Williams had 6 catches for 38 yards and no TD's.
    Thomas Hennigan had 2 catches for 25 yards and no TD's.
    Corey Sutton had 2 catches for 19 yards and no TD's.

These three guys were averaging 15 catches 220 yards and 2 TD's per game we held them to 7 catches for 82 yards and no TD's. That's special, really special play by our DB's.

11. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

that was a Top 25 Ranked team we had on the field last night, we deserve to be ranked after that performance.

1. First time since joining the league App has been held to one touchdown in a league game.

2. Worst loss for App in a conference game since joining the league.

3. Worst loss in a conference game since 2004 in the SoCon when GS hammered them.

Seth Lewis at KATC was kind enough to have me on for a mic'd up segment. He asked me about the Cajuns' performances and would it be good enough to beat App. I said no but I also reminded everyone the old saying for the investment firm...."past performance does not necessarily indicate future results."

And, as fans, that's what we need to remember. Every time we complain about a WIN because we didn't play particularly well, we project that to when we play good teams.

I didn't see 41-13. I don't think anyone did. But I was pretty confident we would play well.

Levi set the tempo early and the running game took over in the second half...all according to plan.

Patrick Toney is a ____ing rock star.

Trap game next week.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    1. First time since joining the league App has been held to one touchdown in a league game.

2. Worst loss for App in a conference game since joining the league.

3. Worst loss in a conference game since 2004 in the SoCon when GS hammered them.

Seth Lewis at KATC was kind enough to have me on for a mic'd up segment. He asked me about the Cajuns' performances and would it be good enough to beat App. I said no but I also reminded everyone the old saying for the investment firm...."past performance does not necessarily indicate future results."

And, as fans, that's what we need to remember. Every time we complain about a WIN because we didn't play particularly well, we project that to when we play good teams.

I didn't see 41-13. I don't think anyone did. But I was pretty confident we would play well.

Levi set the tempo early and the running game took over in the second half...all according to plan.

Patrick Toney is a ____ing rock star.

Trap game next week.
    Huge TRAP

You just love being a fan after nights like last night. Especially when you get to enjoy this for a week plus before your next game. I actually feel bad for the team because their enjoyment is on a timer. They have to get back to work and focus on the next game. Fans, we're drinking umbrella drinks for the next few days.

15. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 41, App State 13

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Huge TRAP
    I have not started my breakdown of stAte as of yet, but just looking at some things with this Red Wolves team. They are bad against the run, they are bad against the pass and they are unable to run the ball effectively all season. Where they do excel is in the air, they can throw the ball all over the field and they do. But the good news for the Cajuns is for the 3rd game in a row, we will be facing QB's who will not beat you with their legs, both Hatcher and Blackman are going to try to drop back and throw the ball, Hatcher might be a little better running than Blackman, but neither guy is a threat. That means we should be able to put pressure on them. stAte has given up 24 sacks in 6 games. That is 4 a game on the other side of the ball they only have 9 sacks on the season. They don't pressure the QB and they don't block well either in the running game or passing game. This is a team that is giving up a total of 584 yards a game on defense of those 584 they are equal opportunity offenders. They give up 268 yards on the ground and 315 through the air. Meanwhile they only rush for 75 yards a game, while passing for 358 yards a game. Most of that is because they are trying to play catch up all game. They have been outscored 280-180 on the season. They have given up 21 vs Central Arkansas, 55 vs Memphis, 52 vs Washington, 41 vs Tulsa, 59 vs Georgia Southern and 52 vs Coastal Carolina. They are really bad on defense, I mean really bad.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information