Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Score prediction thread App vs UL

1. Default Re: Score prediction thread App vs UL

There is something that gives me some real confidence tonight. I just went back and watched the sped up version of last years game and I can tell you that Ferrod Gardner and Chauncy Manac as well as a couple of other defensive players were the best players on the field last year. If Chauncy and Ferrod can duplicate that (Ferrod had 10 tackles and 1/2 a sack, but played in the App backfield all night) (Chauncy had 2 TFL and 1 sack and an INT), then I feel like we can win. The others that had outstanding games last year on defense were, Tayland Humphrey, Andre Jones, Lorenzo McCaskill and Ziyon Hill. They accounted for 36 tackles, 4 TFL, 2 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumble and 1 Fumble recovery, that is 6 of our front 7 players, that means we were dominate on the line of scrimmage and playing in their backfield much of the night. We will have to duplicate this to get the win tonight.

Chase Brice is not as athletic as Zac Thomas, but is still capable of making some plays with his feet. But where he excels is with his arm. We need to make him uncomfortable in the pocket and hit him early and often when we have the opportunities.

Those are my keys to the game on defense. When we have the ball, App has struggled against the pass, giving up almost 300 yards a game. We need to establish a running attack so that Levi can use play action to attack them down the field. If we can do these things successfully, I really think we have a chance and should come out ahead.

2. Default Re: Score prediction thread App vs UL

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    There is something that gives me some real confidence tonight. I just went back and watched the sped up version of last years game and I can tell you that Ferrod Gardner and Chauncy Manac as well as a couple of other defensive players were the best players on the field last year. If Chauncy and Ferrod can duplicate that (Ferrod had 10 tackles and 1/2 a sack, but played in the App backfield all night) (Chauncy had 2 TFL and 1 sack and an INT), then I feel like we can win. The others that had outstanding games last year on defense were, Tayland Humphrey, Andre Jones, Lorenzo McCaskill and Ziyon Hill. They accounted for 36 tackles, 4 TFL, 2 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumble and 1 Fumble recovery, that is 6 of our front 7 players, that means we were dominate on the line of scrimmage and playing in their backfield much of the night. We will have to duplicate this to get the win tonight.

Chase Brice is not as athletic as Zac Thomas, but is still capable of making some plays with his feet. But where he excels is with his arm. We need to make him uncomfortable in the pocket and hit him early and often when we have the opportunities.

Those are my keys to the game on defense. When we have the ball, App has struggled against the pass, giving up almost 300 yards a game. We need to establish a running attack so that Levi can use play action to attack them down the field. If we can do these things successfully, I really think we have a chance and should come out ahead.
    Nice, really nice. . . I think you just about did Louisiana . . . Geaux Cajuns

Default Re: Score prediction thread App vs UL

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    One would have to go to find out.
    If someone takes a picture with Vic at the game tonight, I will pledge to donate $20 to the charity of their choosing.

Who else is in? I think we could get enough pledges for a pretty sizable donation.

"The Vic Challenge"

4. Default Re: Score prediction thread App vs UL

Agree with most of this. Would point out, Ferrod is not 100% healthy.

Without the 4 bad snaps last year (I know, its a part of the game, could've, would've..) UL runs App out of their stadium last year because of the Defense. App was missing at least 1 and maybe 2 of the receivers who were starting...not sure of that. I agree with Dave, I think UL's D, especially the front 7 are better. And that includes Apps leading tackler...

6. Default Re: Score prediction thread App vs UL

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Yeah, Yeah, I know you don't agree with the Levi part probably.

7. Default Re: Score prediction thread App vs UL

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I know he is not 100% healthy, but he has played well since returning to the field. Ferrod was our leading tackler last week vs USA with 7 and was our leading tackler vs Georgia Southern with 11 including 2 TFL and 1/2 a sack. I will take a partially healthy Ferrod over most LB's in the SBC all day long.

Solid analysis.

Chase Brice is slow, but has a rocket arm. Like you said, our front 7 should be putting some pressure on him early on. We also need to contain Noel and Peoples as they're both solid at the RB position.

As far as our offense, you said it best: establish the run game to set up the play action. That is very true. Add in Levi using his feet like he did against App last year, and we will be celebrating walking out of Cajun Field tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    And just how have the Cajuns impressed you?
    Not enough lately, but this team returns a lot from 2 years of a lot of winning. Glass half full says they’ll continue winning.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    If someone takes a picture with Vic at the game tonight, I will pledge to donate $20 to the charity of their choosing.

Who else is in? I think we could get enough pledges for a pretty sizable donation.

"The Vic Challenge"
    I will also pledge $20.

11. Default Re: Score prediction thread App vs UL

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post

"The Vic Challenge"
    Count me in

It is pretty telling by how upset the 4 or 5 fans he was talking about got when he posted something so spot on.
    "Spot on"? So we DO want the Cajuns to lose? So, we ARE "haters"? Ok my guy. Nothing gets by YOU, I guess.

One would have to go to find out.
    I'll be there. Will you? Keep avoiding the question.

14. Default Re: Score prediction thread App vs UL

This is a whole lot of whoop la over one fan.

I challenge each of you with $20 to throw away to buy a ticket and bring another friend to the game.

That would be a much better use of funds towards the goal of increasing fan attendance.

This is a whole lot of whoop la over one fan.

I challenge each of you with $20 to throw away to buy a ticket and bring another friend to the game.

That would be a much better use of funds towards the goal of increasing fan attendance.
    Actually this is perfect. The winner of the Vic Challenge can always specify that the pledges go toward the RCAF, in their name. So whoever wins this thing might have their RCAF donation go up by a bit. Everyone wins here.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information