Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Maggard on KPEL (10-11-21)

Tickets Dr. Maggard on KPEL (10-11-21)

I had a chance to speak with Dr. Maggard this morning about attendance at tomorrow night’s game and a few other items.

https://kpel965.com/cajuns-ul-athlet.../?external=yes

2. Default Re: Dr. Maggard on KPEL

Great recap

Default Re: Dr. Maggard on KPEL

I thought he sounded a bit desperate. His reasons to show up held no benefit for casual or conflicted fan...Gawd help us if students don't show up.

The lack of interest / support regarding athletics in this city is astounding. Complain win you lose, don't show up when you win. Not surprised though. In fact expected.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    The lack of interest / support regarding athletics in this city is astounding. Complain win you lose, don't show up when you win. Not surprised though. In fact expected.
    If this game were last Saturday or this coming Saturday, it would be a top-20 attendance game. When we win, have non-deluge weather, and play on Saturday, Cajun fans show up en masse.

Tuesday games are attendance killers. We have lives, man. We will not apologize for this, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    If this game were last Saturday or this coming Saturday, it would be a top-20 attendance game. When we win, have non-deluge weather, and play on Saturday, Cajun fans show up en masse.

Tuesday games are attendance killers. We have lives, man. We will not apologize for this, ever.
    I'd be willing to bet that if this game were being played in Boone...27,000 in a 30,000 seat stadium...with an SRO student section.
    UL just can't seem to figure it out...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that if this game were being played in Boone...27,000 in a 30,000 seat stadium...with an SRO student section.
    I see a lot of people on here whining about attendance before it happens lol…. Why don’t we wait and see.

I thought he sounded a bit desperate. His reasons to show up held no benefit for casual or conflicted fan...Gawd help us if students don't show up.
    He kinda did, maybe just chalk it up to being super busy and having his mind on 1,000 different things.

But yea, not sure what they can do to get the casual/conflicted fan in the stands and out of their living room. I will say if I wasn't going out of my way to come here and keep up with the Cajuns, I'd have no idea there would be a game tomorrow.

Sounds like they have been making attempts to get students at the game on campus, so hopefully that works out.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

Well, when you can control the schedule, the weather, and all the stars being aligned, let us know. The fact is that this game could be the only game being played on a Saturday and you still would have a sub par attendance.That's just the truth. And who ever asked anybody to apologize for having a life ?

This!

Fanof71 nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    This!
    We sucked for 40 years UL missed our on 2 generations of fans going to take a longer than 10 years of success to get there . The 30 somethings are starting to pull the load. I can tell you this my friends have taken their kids to way more games than their parents did.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    We sucked for 40 years UL missed our on 2 generations of fans going to take a longer than 10 years of success to get there . The 30 somethings are starting to pull the load. I can tell you this my friends have taken their kids to way more games than their parents did.
    App state has more national championships that we have conference championships...they have more sunbelt championships than we have in our entire history...takes time to build that kind of fan base

14. Default Re: Dr. Maggard on KPEL

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    App state has more national championships that we have conference championships...they have more sunbelt championships than we have in our entire history...takes time to build that kind of fan base
    No, we just going to quit because some do not like the Coach’s choice of QB.

It was really cloudy today.

A Casual Fan...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information