Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dr. Maggard on KPEL (10-11-21)

Default Re: Dr. Maggard on KPEL

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    In what way have (they) made an attempt? The students should have been barn storming on campus. Signs and flags a waving. Drove through campus several times the last few days. Most don't know there is a game Tuesday.....sad....
    Man About Town and I agree on one thing. While the social media promotions for the game have been done well, that is not the only approach needed now. Today's students don't follow many of the sports sites on Twitter, Facebook etc. There needed to be a lot more signs on campus since early last week reminding people of tomorrow night. Campus leaders (both students and administrators) could have been passing out flyers with the game notice at key intersections. Holding signs while they did so could have been tried. Now maybe some of this was done that I am not aware of. Hope that was the case.

We need to build actual traditions leading up to game day. MAT and others have mentioned great ideas in this regard. Something like a yell practice on campus the night before every game, like aTm, is a start.

We definitely could have had a fall ball scrimmage tonight with the bar/concessions open would have been awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Man About Town and I agree on one thing. While the social media promotions for the game have been done well, that is not the only approach needed now. Today's students don't follow many of the sports sites on Twitter, Facebook etc. There needed to be a lot more signs on campus since early last week reminding people of tomorrow night. Campus leaders (both students and administrators) could have been passing out flyers with the game notice at key intersections. Holding signs while they did so could have been tried. Now maybe some of this was done that I am not aware of. Hope that was the case.
    They were passing out Billy napier dollars today with the T-shirt giveaway

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    A culture reset within our community is needed. It’s gonna take more than just winning.

I wish folks would jump on the Cajun bandwagon now, but Unfortunately I think a significant change won’t take place until we get the renovated stadium with all of the modern enhancements.

6. Default Re: Dr. Maggard on KPEL

Quote Originally Posted by thecajunitalian View Post
    Another issue is when Lafayette TV stations broadcast LSU like crazy and nothing about tje Cajuns.
    I'm with you, it's a big issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    They've done a lot more on campus the last nine days than anyone has given them credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    They've done a lot more on campus the last nine days than anyone has given them credit for.
    That's good to hear. I think the student turnout will be very good.

Great news, hope it pays off and the students show up.

Get that praise out of here, Jay. This is Ragin Pagin.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    According to Dr. Maggard's comments on KPEL, they have been on campus every day promoting the game. Have a contingent of students promoting the game to other students. May have said other things, but it had half of my attention when I was listening.

Students have always been wishy washy, even when basketball is doing well they won't cross the street to go to a game for free.

But I feel like we need to pull out all the stops to try and get the casual fan at least back on the athletic grounds, especially with LSU poised for a down year.
    We all know what would work.

Free beer...

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    We all know what would work.

Free beer...
    Lagniappe Day(s)!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information