Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Maggard on KPEL (10-11-21)

1. Default Re: Dr. Maggard on KPEL

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    No, we just going to quit because some do not like the Coach’s choice of QB.
    Obsessed

2. Default Re: Dr. Maggard on KPEL

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Obsessed
    I challenge you to point out another predominant reason identified here.

Default Re: Dr. Maggard on KPEL

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    No, we just going to quit because some do not like the Coach’s choice of QB.
    The inept offense does not help to pack it in

4. Default Re: Dr. Maggard on KPEL

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    I see a lot of people on here whining about attendance before it happens lol…. Why don’t we wait and see.
    Your first time?
    No one is whining. Check the history books.

We are awful at game promotion and the community at large has not supported this program. Now, I’m not blaming Acadiana. They haven’t been given reasons in the past to support. But when the two collide, the results are what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post

Sounds like they have been making attempts to get students at the game on campus, so hopefully that works out.
    In what way have (they) made an attempt? The students should have been barn storming on campus. Signs and flags a waving. Drove through campus several times the last few days. Most don't know there is a game Tuesday.....sad....

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I thought he sounded a bit desperate. His reasons to show up held no benefit for casual or conflicted fan...Gawd help us if students don't show up.
    The way attendance has been the last couple of year, it makes sense. They’ve made so many improvements with the product they deliver and the return has been disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    In what way have (they) made an attempt? The students should have been barn storming on campus. Signs and flags a waving. Drove through campus several times the last few days. Most don't know there is a game Tuesday.....sad....
    According to Dr. Maggard's comments on KPEL, they have been on campus every day promoting the game. Have a contingent of students promoting the game to other students. May have said other things, but it had half of my attention when I was listening.

Students have always been wishy washy, even when basketball is doing well they won't cross the street to go to a game for free.

But I feel like we need to pull out all the stops to try and get the casual fan at least back on the athletic grounds, especially with LSU poised for a down year.

Another issue is when Lafayette TV stations broadcast LSU like crazy and nothing about tje Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by thecajunitalian View Post
    Another issue is when Lafayette TV stations broadcast LSU like crazy and nothing about tje Cajuns.
    Your depending on Lafayette TV for your Cajun info? LOL...

Well one would hope they would broadcast UL but unfortunately no. I don't rely on them potnuh just saying how sad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by thecajunitalian View Post
    This is hilarious.

Both of my kids attend UL and if not for me they had no idea there was a game. I've been taking them both since 1999 to every home game.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Your first time?
    No one is whining. Check the history books.

We are awful at game promotion and the community at large has not supported this program. Now, I’m not blaming Acadiana. They haven’t been given reasons in the past to support. But when the two collide, the results are what they are.
    I am not arguing about the history… I remember being in the front row of the student section and turn around and their is only a few hundred students…. I remember being in the stadium for a game against Idaho and Joey Harrington’s little brother was a starting QB and the announce attendance was like 7000, which if there were 7000 folks there then i look like Cindy Crawford. I remember when it poured down for the UAB game and 80% of the fans left the game and missed us stomping a mud hole in the blazers 34-0. I am well aware of the history, but I have noticed the last few years the student section has been showing up much better for games, so that is why I said wait and see… I have been there through the ____ty times and I am of no illusion that this community is a fair weather fan base with dedicated diehards…. But let’s give the students an opportunity to show out for this game before everyone starts crying about attendance.

Schools Strategize to Boost Student Football Attendance

Old article from 2013, but last two paragraphs clue in on why I believe student attendance was high and consistent during the early Hud years. Student tailgating took place right outside of the stadium and most went into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Schools Strategize to Boost Student Football Attendance

Old article from 2013, but last two paragraphs clue in on why I believe student attendance was high and consistent during the early Hud years. Student tailgating took place right outside of the stadium and most went into the game.
    It’s actually a great setup now on the practice field. Maybe an additional 50 steps but they can handle it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information