Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday's Appalachian State game much bigger than the standings for Cajuns

1. UL Football Tuesday's Appalachian State game much bigger than the standings for Cajuns

It’s not really a do-or-die game.

It just feels that way.

Default Re: Tuesday's Appalachian State game much bigger than the standings for Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    It’s not really a do-or-die game.

It just feels that way.
    With LSU fading for the second year in a row and all other state schools losing, this is a great opportunity for UL to capture a greater following. This is a must win for us if we are to do that with a statewide and national audience. No excuses at home. Let's dominate!

Default Re: Tuesday's Appalachian State game much bigger than the standings for Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    With LSU fading for the second year in a row and all other state schools losing, this is a great opportunity for UL to capture a greater following. This is a must win for us if we are to do that with a statewide and national audience. No excuses at home. Let's dominate!
    This.

4. Default Re: Tuesday's Appalachian State game much bigger than the standings for Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    This.
    …..please blast all media to get the word out…..GET TO CAJUN FIELD EARLY……No excuses……..EARLY AS A HUGE CROWD IS EXPECTED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I know. Now would be a really great time for a signature win. C’mon Billy & co.

I REALLY want to win this game, but it is not the end of the world if we don't. SunBelt west championship is still achievable.

However, if we lose and do not play well AGAIN, then that blinking yellow light, turns into a blinking red light ... for me !!

7. Default Re: Tuesday's Appalachian State game much bigger than the standings for Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I REALLY want to win this game, but it is not the end of the world if we don't. SunBelt west championship is still achievable.

However, if we lose and do not play well AGAIN, then that blinking yellow light, turns into a blinking red light ... for me !!
    Then what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Then what happens?
    Hopefully Napier will tweak the lineup to generate a spark if we don't win.

If Napier keeps everything the same, then expect the same and it's not going to be pretty. Change things up Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    If Napier keeps everything the same, then expect the same and it's not going to be pretty. Change things up Coach.
    The whole state of Louisiana and the nation will be watching this game.
    Let’s go get the Dub!
    We have a chance to gain lots of fans this Tuesday and keep
    Em coming to Cajun Field!

11. Default Re: Tuesday's Appalachian State game much bigger than the standings for Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    So another ugly win. I would go for that.

Absolutely, I would take an ugly win, but an ugly loss will test Napier's leadership for sure.

If we play really well, and just get beat than that is a whole different issue.

I feel the same. Like some other posters have said, this is the game that can garner some attention for our team as the state of D1 football in the rest of Louisiana is grim.

Last year's win actually rivaled the Iowa State win in terms of satisfaction for me. Ending that losing streak was a big relief.

Regardless of what happens, I still think we win the West. But we need to start playing better.

Losing this game is not the end of the world. But, what a lost opportunity to capture fans locally, state-wide and nationally. It is a must win for UL.

I’ll take a W is this game any way we can get it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information