Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47

Thread: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

  1. #31

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Spellcheck
    I am not going look at the roster to make sure all of the new kids name are spelled correctly. Contribute to the thread or go to the scrimmage and actually provide something of value. Every softball season you add your negative crap to the board. EVERYONE on this board has words that are not spelled correctly.

  2. #32

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Vic has your back...�� he'll sub for you...
    I would like to get his views. Vic head on over to the field and fill us in.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I'm pretty sure I heard Bobby announce 11. He could have been wrong or I could have heard wrong.
    I was not wrong and you did not hear wrong. They changed the time.
    Last edited by CajunsSball22; October 10th, 2021 at 07:11 pm. Reason: Wanted to respond to a post

  4. #34

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    I was not wrong and you heard correct. They changed the time.


  5. #35

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    Can anyone provide some information from today?
    Not sure about today sir.

  6. Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Thanks


  7. #37
    roarman's Avatar roarman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunsSball22 View Post
    I was not wrong and you heard correct. They changed the time.
    Thanks for letting me know. I know I'm getting older, but dang, thought I could still hear correctly.

  8. #38
    roarman's Avatar roarman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Piskos - have not seen her name once in any of the reports.
    Don't worry about Sophie. She's fine. Her power has increased over last year. Just wait and see. As a sophomore, Sophie will be the leader of the team. Pretty incredible. Jacquelyn Adams is a very good catcher and will hopefully catch some games to give Sophie a some rest.

  9. #39

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Don't worry about Sophie. She's fine. Her power has increased over last year. Just wait and see. As a sophomore, Sophie will be the leader of the team. Pretty incredible. Jacquelyn Adams is a very good catcher and will hopefully catch some games to give Sophie a some rest.
    Count O'Neal and Roman as leaders also.

  10. #40

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Don't worry about Sophie. She's fine. Her power has increased over last year. Just wait and see. As a sophomore, Sophie will be the leader of the team. Pretty incredible. Jacquelyn Adams is a very good catcher and will hopefully catch some games to give Sophie a some rest.
    With her infectious personality, I found it strange through all the reports that her name was not mentioned. Thanks for the update.

  11. #41

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Don't worry about Sophie. She's fine. Her power has increased over last year. Just wait and see. As a sophomore, Sophie will be the leader of the team. Pretty incredible. Jacquelyn Adams is a very good catcher and will hopefully catch some games to give Sophie a some rest.
    Roar, do you think Coach may want to red shirt Jacquelyn and have Stormy and Melissa back up Sophie? Stormy and Melissa should both start somewhere due to their bats.

  12. #42
    roarman's Avatar roarman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Roar, do you think Coach may want to red shirt Jacquelyn and have Stormy and Melissa back up Sophie? Stormy and Melissa should both start somewhere due to their bats.
    Who knows? It's really early.

  13. #43

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Roar, do you think Coach may want to red shirt Jacquelyn and have Stormy and Melissa back up Sophie? Stormy and Melissa should both start somewhere due to their bats.
    Catcher was obviously not Kotzelnick's normal position and it showed. Several pass balls and dropped balls on the day. She did throw out one runner attempting to steal but for her to be a serviceable backup, she will need to put in some work between now and the start of the season. Sophie will definitely be the starter at catcher barring any injury.
    I will say that Mayeaux looked good at SS. Has a strong arm and decent range. I see Mayeaux playing somewhere in the infield because of her experience and for her bat. She cranked a hr her first in the scrimmage Saturday if I remember correctly. With so many new faces, it was hard to follow who was playing where. Bobby was a little slow on identifying who was in the field when changes were made. Also, the PA system seemed hard to hear when Bobby was announcing positions and who was batting. Maybe as I am getting older, my hearing is just starting to go! Nice crowd and the food was good. One thing that surprised me was seeing Roman going full speed in the scrimmage. I would have thought Glasco and the medical staff would have had her go easy this fall. Kudos to her for obviously rehabbing her knee in a manner that allowed her to get cleared to go all out in fall ball. She played first and swung hard with each of her at bats. Hit a few ground balls and ran hard trying to beat them out. The power just oozes out of her. If she can get her swing mechanics honed and get that aligned with pitch recognition, she could hit some blasts that would land in New Mexico. Then, it would be a matter of having someone(s) protect her in the lineup.

  14. #44

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    I am hoping Campbell or Raina can do that. Raina could also lead off, so still early.


  15. #45
    lcitsh is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    UL Softball Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    Catcher was obviously not Kotzelnick's normal position and it showed. Several pass balls and dropped balls on the day. She did throw out one runner attempting to steal but for her to be a serviceable backup, she will need to put in some work between now and the start of the season. Sophie will definitely be the starter at catcher barring any injury.
    I will say that Mayeaux looked good at SS. Has a strong arm and decent range. I see Mayeaux playing somewhere in the infield because of her experience and for her bat. She cranked a hr her first in the scrimmage Saturday if I remember correctly. With so many new faces, it was hard to follow who was playing where. Bobby was a little slow on identifying who was in the field when changes were made. Also, the PA system seemed hard to hear when Bobby was announcing positions and who was batting. Maybe as I am getting older, my hearing is just starting to go! Nice crowd and the food was good. One thing that surprised me was seeing Roman going full speed in the scrimmage. I would have thought Glasco and the medical staff would have had her go easy this fall. Kudos to her for obviously rehabbing her knee in a manner that allowed her to get cleared to go all out in fall ball. She played first and swung hard with each of her at bats. Hit a few ground balls and ran hard trying to beat them out. The power just oozes out of her. If she can get her swing mechanics honed and get that aligned with pitch recognition, she could hit some blasts that would land in New Mexico. Then, it would be a matter of having someone(s) protect her in the lineup.
    I am guessing that Jacquelyn Adams is sidelined for an extended period of time, otherwise she should be the backup for Sophie. I'd like to see Stormy get some reps at second and third.

    I am hoping that Gerry comes to the conclusion very soon that Alexa will be the shortstop so that Melissa can get some reps at second. Six different people getting reps at second and third on Saturday, it will be interesting to see who stands out at each position.

    I'm in agreement with JMV that Raina may lead off, actually, it's highly likely. She's Gerry's type of leadoff, power, speed and can hit for average. Jourdyn, Karly and Melissa are most likely the hitters around Taylor.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Scrimmage today?
    By Rainman66 in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: August 17th, 2019, 06:18 pm
  2. Cajun camp: Notes, quotes on first scrimmage
    By NewsCopy in forum FOOTBALL
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: August 13th, 2015, 06:45 pm
  3. Today's Scrimmage
    By Boomer in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 17th, 2012, 11:24 pm
  4. UL scrimmage set today
    By NewsCopy in forum FOOTBALL
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 11th, 2012, 04:50 am
  5. Today's Scrimmage
    By lancecajun21 in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 9th, 2008, 01:44 pm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •