Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47

Thread: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

  1. #16
    roarman's Avatar roarman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Okay. I was there for most of the day. The stand out freshman today was Falterman. She looked really good at the plate and is very fast.

    My opinion is, Kandra is number one, now, and, she will be when the season starts. I don't disagree with lctish often, but, Kandra had more control last year and don't forget, she shut out LSU at the regional. She can beat big time competition.

    I have been at other practices. I can tell you, Kandra, Karly, and Jessica, have pitched really well. Vanessa has struggled at times. I have talked to Landry. She is very hard on herself. She was not happy one practice when she gave up a home run a couple of doubles and other hits. It was like, welcome to college. She was humming along today, then she gave up a triple and a home run. However, you could see all of the pitches see has. Her off speed pitch is nasty. It may not be as nasty as Megan Kleist's was, but it's close. She's going to make a lot of hitters look silly this year. And, it's going to be fun.

    Landry gave up the home run to Jourdyn Campbell. But, please know, Campbell has tremendous power. It's hard to believe Texas A& M didn't do everything they could to keep her. I think she's going to be a major contributor to the team's success this year.

    For those of you worried about errors that were made, and the overall play of the defense, don't be. I know a lot of fans expect perfection. It's early. Very early. When the players on this team get more familiar with each other, those mistakes will go away.

    There were seven recruits at the game today along with their parents. Plus, some other players' parents were there. It was a nice crowd. I'm sure coach appreciates everyone being there. Tomorrow the scrimmage is at 11:00. Make it if you can. I'll be at church playing in the praise and worship group. Have a great Sunday.


  2. Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Okay. I was there for most of the day. The stand out freshman today was Falterman. She looked really good at the plate and is very fast.

    My opinion is, Kandra is number one, now, and, she will be when the season starts. I don't disagree with lctish often, but, Kandra had more control last year and don't forget, she shut out LSU at the regional. She can beat big time competition.

    I have been at other practices. I can tell you, Kandra, Karly, and Jessica, have pitched really well. Vanessa has struggled at times. I have talked to Landry. She is very hard on herself. She was not happy one practice when she gave up a home run a couple of doubles and other hits. It was like, welcome to college. She was humming along today, then she gave up a triple and a home run. However, you could see all of the pitches see has. Her off speed pitch is nasty. It may not be as nasty as Megan Kleist's was, but it's close. She's going to make a lot of hitters look silly this year. And, it's going to be fun.

    Landry gave up the home run to Jourdyn Campbell. But, please know, Campbell has tremendous power. It's hard to believe Texas A& M didn't do everything they could to keep her. I think she's going to be a major contributor to the team's success this year.

    For those of you worried about errors that were made, and the overall play of the defense, don't be. I know a lot of fans expect perfection. It's early. Very early. When the players on this team get more familiar with each other, those mistakes will go away.

    There were seven recruits at the game today along with their parents. Plus, some other players' parents were there. It was a nice crowd. I'm sure coach appreciates everyone being there. Tomorrow the scrimmage is at 11:00. Make it if you can. I'll be at church playing in the praise and worship group. Have a great Sunday.
    I can’t wait for you to drop your next podcast

  3. #18

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Okay. I was there for most of the day. The stand out freshman today was Falterman. She looked really good at the plate and is very fast.

    My opinion is, Kandra is number one, now, and, she will be when the season starts. I don't disagree with lctish often, but, Kandra had more control last year and don't forget, she shut out LSU at the regional. She can beat big time competition.

    I have been at other practices. I can tell you, Kandra, Karly, and Jessica, have pitched really well. Vanessa has struggled at times. I have talked to Landry. She is very hard on herself. She was not happy one practice when she gave up a home run a couple of doubles and other hits. It was like, welcome to college. She was humming along today, then she gave up a triple and a home run. However, you could see all of the pitches see has. Her off speed pitch is nasty. It may not be as nasty as Megan Kleist's was, but it's close. She's going to make a lot of hitters look silly this year. And, it's going to be fun.

    Landry gave up the home run to Jourdyn Campbell. But, please know, Campbell has tremendous power. It's hard to believe Texas A& M didn't do everything they could to keep her. I think she's going to be a major contributor to the team's success this year.

    For those of you worried about errors that were made, and the overall play of the defense, don't be. I know a lot of fans expect perfection. It's early. Very early. When the players on this team get more familiar with each other, those mistakes will go away.

    There were seven recruits at the game today along with their parents. Plus, some other players' parents were there. It was a nice crowd. I'm sure coach appreciates everyone being there. Tomorrow the scrimmage is at 11:00. Make it if you can. I'll be at church playing in the praise and worship group. Have a great Sunday.
    Did the time change? I was told warmups at noon and starting at 1pm.

  4. #19

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Who worked at SS and how did they look. Who played where in the in field?


  5. #20
    roarman's Avatar roarman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Did the time change? I was told warmups at noon and starting at 1pm.
    I'm pretty sure I heard Bobby announce 11. He could have been wrong or I could have heard wrong.

  6. #21

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I'm pretty sure I heard Bobby announce 11. He could have been wrong or I could have heard wrong.
    I called Bobby and he said warmups at noon and starts at 1pm.

  7. #22

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Who worked at SS and how did they look. Who played where in the in field?
    Nobody had numbers on them and with over half the roster new some kids was hard to tell....At short Langliers and Mayeax. Quinoes and Loadino may have also got some reps at shortstop. Quinoes was at second for sure at times. There wasn't a whole lot of balls hit as pitching was ahead of the batters so overall their wasn't a whole lot of action.

  8. #23

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Piskos - have not seen her name once in any of the reports.


  9. #24

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Thanks for the all of the reports!


  10. #25

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Piskos - have not seen her name once in any of the reports.
    She was at catcher. Looks to be in better shape with a little more muscle.

  11. #26

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    I may not be able to make it today. So, if not someone else post some notes from today scrimmage.


  12. #27

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I may not be able to make it today. So, if not someone else post some notes from today scrimmage.
    Vic has your back...�� he'll sub for you...

  13. #28

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Thanks for all the updates excited about softball which is my feeling every year.


  14. #29
    ragin50 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Nobody had numbers on them and with over half the roster new some kids was hard to tell....At short Langliers and Mayeax. Quinoes and Loadino may have also got some reps at shortstop. Quinoes was at second for sure at times. There wasn't a whole lot of balls hit as pitching was ahead of the batters so overall their wasn't a whole lot of action.
    Spellcheck

  15. #30

    Default Re: Notes from SB scrimmage today.

    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Vic has your back...�� he'll sub for you...
    Vic will be back on his ass for failure to do the only thing he excels at - attend practice.

    Practice, practice, did I say PRACTICE . . .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Scrimmage today?
    By Rainman66 in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: August 17th, 2019, 07:18 pm
  2. Cajun camp: Notes, quotes on first scrimmage
    By NewsCopy in forum FOOTBALL
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: August 13th, 2015, 07:45 pm
  3. Today's Scrimmage
    By Boomer in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 18th, 2012, 12:24 am
  4. UL scrimmage set today
    By NewsCopy in forum FOOTBALL
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 11th, 2012, 05:50 am
  5. Today's Scrimmage
    By lancecajun21 in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 9th, 2008, 02:44 pm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •