Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: App Attendance

Default Re: App Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    If I remember correctly, Cajun Field now seats 40,000+. So even with 20,000 in attendance, the stadium looks half empty. Not necessarily a good look on TV, but a very good attendance and feel if you are there. Especially on a Tuesday night!
    Excellent turnout.... I have 6 season tickets.... My daughter and her 2 kids did not go to the game due to school... I'm sure we are not the only ones

Here's a tip. When Jay or anyone involved with the athletic department mentions free tickets, contact them! I was able to give away 8 tickets from the department plus 3 of my season tickets that weren't being used. Need to get as many people in the stadium as possible. That one free game can turn those people into season ticket holders!

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Don't know if everyone knows yet, but I'm pretty sure kids get a free with their youth football league jersey. I will check to confirm if it's for all the remaining games.
    Correct. All remaining home games.

I just watched the replay of the game, the stadium looked great, student section shots were great and you could hear the crowd noise all through the game. The home side was full and except for the visitors section there was a good representation in the endzone and upper level. Shots of the hill also looked good with kids having a good time

great atmosphere all around in person and well represented on tv

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I just watched the replay of the game, the stadium looked great, student section shots were great and you could hear the crowd noise all through the game. The home side was full and except for the visitors section there was a good representation in the endzone and upper level. Shots of the hill also looked good with kids having a good time

great atmosphere all around in person and well represented on tv
    See, I had the opposite reaction. The shots of the home side they kept showing, while “full” to our standards, “looked” sparse to me, especially early in the game, even with ESPN’s flattering camera angle. Same for the end zone. I’m glad ESPN kept going to the student section because I felt they were the best attendance representation for the university.

Duggie35's Avatar Duggie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Cajun Field holds 40,000+ people, so if 20,000 are in attendance, the stadium will still look half empty. Plus, some of those are sitting in the end zone and in the hill. It's hard for the camera's to avoid showing some empty areas of the stadium.

Having 20,000 fans in a 30,000 seat stadium would obviously "look" like a better crowd, but it would still be the same 20,000 people. The bottom line is that we had an excellent crowd on hand for a Tuesday night game. Those in attendance need to be congratulated!

Cajun Field holds 40,000+ people, so if 20,000 are in attendance, the stadium will still look half empty. Plus, some of those are sitting in the end zone and in the hill. It's hard for the camera's to avoid showing some empty areas of the stadium.

Having 20,000 fans in a 30,000 seat stadium would obviously "look" like a better crowd, but it would still be the same 20,000 people. The bottom line is that we had an excellent crowd on hand for a Tuesday night game. Those in attendance need to be congratulated!
    I'm right there with you 100 percent. 20,000 on a Tuesday is GREAT. But having all our fans spread out in a stadium twice the size of attendance had the effect of the game looking poorly attended.

Duggie35's Avatar Duggie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    I'm right there with you 100 percent. 20,000 on a Tuesday is GREAT. But having all our fans spread out in a stadium twice the size of attendance had the effect of the game looking poorly attended.
    I agree, but not much can be done to improve how it looks unless we can start getting 30,000-35,000 to show up. Wouldn't that be awesome!

I agree, but not much can be done to improve how it looks unless we can start getting 30,000-35,000 to show up. Wouldn't that be awesome!
    Should pay for and invite Southern's band to come perform during halftime. That'd increase attendance lol

We take care of business at Ark St. next week, coupled with last Tuesday's dominant performance, Cajun Field will have a biggest crowd of the season for Saturday, Homecoming game on Oct 30th.

There wasn't 20k at the game, but the 15k or so that was in attendance felt like 50k. It was electric for 4 quarters and the students, most definitely, drove that atmosphere. Major props to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    There wasn't 20k at the game, but the 15k or so that was in attendance felt like 50k. It was electric for 4 quarters and the students, most definitely, drove that atmosphere. Major props to them.
    they were active all during the game even heard some lets go brandon and ____ joe biden chants thrown in for good measure

Stadium renovation will bring people down to the lower bowl I am thinking, but man I love sitting in the upper deck to watch the plays development. The view is amazing.

ULGrad@HOU is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Stadium renovation will bring people down to the lower bowl I am thinking, but man I love sitting in the upper deck to watch the plays development. The view is amazing.
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    they were active all during the game even heard some lets go brandon and ____ joe biden chants thrown in for good measure
    Lol... I didn't hear these in the stadium. Was it audible on TV?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information