Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: App Attendance

Default Re: App Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Their stadium only seats 20,000. 90-97% sell out. We'd have to get to around 36,000 for that to happen at CF.
    Understood. I've seen it listed as either 20 or 21. Our weekday attendance last night would have placed it at capacity. More than they've put in that stadium. Ever.

It's not like they can make the argument that their attendance would be better if they had more capacity. They've never reached it. Just saying, don't throw stones.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Understood. I've seen it listed as either 20 or 21. Our weekday attendance last night would have placed it at capacity. More than they've put in that stadium. Ever.

It's not like they can make the argument that their attendance would be better if they had more capacity. They've never reached it. Just saying, don't throw stones.
    And that's a good way to look at it. For me, 20k going in was the minimum "acceptable" threshold for us. Not bad, but not what it could have been or should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    And that's a good way to look at it. For me, 20k going in was the minimum "acceptable" threshold for us. Not bad, but not what it could have been or should have been...
    I've always felt the same. 20k should be our floor. Love the crowd that was there last night. It's just a shame that our stadium seats 40k+ so a respectable crowd at least by our G5 peer standards looks a lot worse than it really is.

shof's Avatar shof is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Next home game is Homecoming. Need Cajun Field rocking! 30,000+.

ragin50 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    The latest email states that the HC game is at 4:00, but still has TBA on the website schedule. Has 4:00 pm been announced?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    The latest email states that the HC game is at 4:00, but still has TBA on the website schedule. Has 4:00 pm been announced?
    4:00 pm is the typical start time for homecoming games

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    4:00 pm is the typical start time for homecoming games
    Wife said to me this morning that they may be possibly moving trick' r treating to the 30th. Hope that doesn't happen cause that may impact families with little ones from coming to games. Especially if the game is at 4pm. Anyone else heard this?

shof's Avatar shof is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Well then, trick or treating on the concourse for any kids in costume. ��

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Keep winning will help.

Yes, some communities have move T or T to Saturday.

https://www.katc.com/news/around-aca...es-in-acadiana

Alice Shoe in their annual bye week before the Bama Beatdown.

Casual fans may show up.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Wife said to me this morning that they may be possibly moving trick' r treating to the 30th. Hope that doesn't happen cause that may impact families with little ones from coming to games. Especially if the game is at 4pm. Anyone else heard this?
    That's why I'll have plenty of candy at my tailgate spot! Wear those costumes and trick or treat around the stadium!

Duggie35's Avatar Duggie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Maybe UL can set up and advertise "Trick or Treating" to take place at Cajun Field throughout the tailgating areas! UL could also give out as treats free tickets for kids with the purchase of at least one adult ticket! it would be a win/win for everyone.

looking at the crowd, the student section, the hill, and the video board when they showed the upper level, I really thought it was more than 20000. the reserved area on the home side was thick, the only empty area I could see was the visitor section maybe 20 yellow shirts over there and the endzone was spread out

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Maybe UL can set up and advertise "Trick or Treating" to take place at Cajun Field throughout the tailgating areas! UL could also give out as treats free tickets for kids with the purchase of at least one adult ticket! it would be a win/win for everyone.
    Don't know if everyone knows yet, but I'm pretty sure kids get a free with their youth football league jersey. I will check to confirm if it's for all the remaining games.

Another tidbit to take note on is the fact that the end zone addition from a few years ago allows for more seating capacity in that area which means it spreads the crowd out more than it was when it was just the hill.

Before that addition was built, it allowed a more compact crowd on both the home and visitor sides of the stadium.

Duggie35's Avatar Duggie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

If I remember correctly, Cajun Field now seats 40,000+. So even with 20,000 in attendance, the stadium looks half empty. Not necessarily a good look on TV, but a very good attendance and feel if you are there. Especially on a Tuesday night!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information