Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: App Attendance

Default Re: App Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Never getting 20k. Absolutely no excitement around town. None of my co-workers (mostly UL grads) had any idea that we are playing tomorrow night.

Under 15k will be there
    I've said it a million times. Weekday games = Out of sight. Out of mind

This wasn't true 30 years ago when EVERYBODY watched the Thursday night game. Va Tech built a program on it. This is not true today.

It doesn't mean anything anymore. With streaming of all games, all the time, we've saturated the market. We are giving away GOLDEN opportunities to have some historic Saturday nights for the FOOLS GOLD of the weekday black hole.

2. Default Re: App Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I've said it a million times. Weekday games = Out of sight. Out of mind

This wasn't true 30 years ago when EVERYBODY watched the Thursday night game. Va Tech built a program on it. This is not true today.

It doesn't mean anything anymore. With streaming of all games, all the time, we've saturated the market. We are giving away GOLDEN opportunities to have some historic Saturday nights for the FOOLS GOLD of the weekday black hole.
    Football's Golden Goose was being the original Hunger Games.

Only on the weekend was an appetite builder and is how football overtook baseball as America's game.

The everyday football fix, kills the desire to go to the game.

Wow, this got a bit depressing and we've not even had the game yet.

As far as attendance goes, it gets to me that this football team doesn't have the support that we know it could and should have. It's frustrating that Bustle and Hud drew 25-30k regularly with lesser teams. At least that's what it felt like. Although they didn't have to deal with 3 home weeknight games and a media era where it's flat out just easier to stay home and stream or watch a game on T.V.

We also put 40+ k in NOLA for 3 straight years. We have the fans when they want to come out.

At this point, I have to keep reminding myself that there is nothing I can do about it. Because there isn't. I bought 3 more season tickets this year. I contribute to the RCAF. I go tailgating. I go to other UL sporting events. I buy the gear. I buy concessions. I'm a fan and that's the extent of a fan's job - show up, cheer and spend money.

It's the University's job to figure out the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Wow, this got a bit depressing and we've not even had the game yet.

As far as attendance goes, it gets to me that this football team doesn't have the support that we know it could and should have. It's frustrating that Bustle and Hud drew 25-30k regularly with lesser teams. At least that's what it felt like. Although they didn't have to deal with 3 home weeknight games and a media era where it's flat out just easier to stay home and stream or watch a game on T.V.

We also put 40+ k in NOLA for 3 straight years. We have the fans when they want to come out.

At this point, I have to keep reminding myself that there is nothing I can do about it. Because there isn't. I bought 3 more season tickets this year. I contribute to the RCAF. I go tailgating. I go to other UL sporting events. I buy the gear. I buy concessions. I'm a fan and that's the extent of a fan's job - show up, cheer and spend money.

It's the University's job to figure out the rest.
    Excellent post.

Forecast for tomorrow is 5% chance of rain at kickoff. That means bring your raincoat people. Lol

6. Default Re: App Attendance

Fantastic Hype Video...this will get you ready!!

https://www.facebook.com/ragincajuns...96646715882560

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Fantastic Hype Video...this will get you ready!!

https://www.facebook.com/ragincajuns...96646715882560
    That is just too violent...I don't want my children exposed to that sort of language from our coach no less. Lets see what PBS has on...Signed, Casual Fan Wife

Where can I get the Napier bobble-head?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmac View Post
    Where can I get the Napier bobble-head?
    Check with the athletic department to see if they have any left. They actually delivered mine to my office last year.

20,066 wasn't bad. Should it be more? Absolutely. And the student section was involved. I just listened to the radio highlights and re watched some of the game and it was nice to hear a lot of noise.

Side note, I saw some other schools throwing shade at our attendance. Rightly so, but remember the glass houses principle. Especially you, Covid Carolina. Keep your comments to yourself because we see your attendance for your first 4 home games:

Dude, you've been ranked in the top 25 ALL year and we still draw a better average than you!

20,066 wasn't bad. Should it be more? Absolutely. And the student section was involved. I just listened to the radio highlights and re watched some of the game and it was nice to hear a lot of noise.

Side note, I saw some other schools throwing shade at our attendance. Rightly so, but remember the glass houses principle. Especially you, Covid Carolina. Keep your comments to yourself because we see your attendance for your first 4 home games:

Dude, you've been ranked in the top 25 ALL year and we still draw a better average than you!
    Where can I listen to the radio highlights?

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Where can I listen to the radio highlights?
    I just heard them on the post game show last night and Scott's show this morning. Someone has the link to the highlights from the ESPN2 broadcast in another thread.

Their stadium only seats 20,000. 90-97% sell out. We'd have to get to around 36,000 for that to happen at CF.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information