Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Levi's lone interception on the Season.

1. Default Re: Levi's lone interception. On the Season.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Your stat made a numerical claim, not just some captain obvious statement about an interception ending drive progress. You said it “wipes 10 completions off the board”.

Utter, and complete nonsense.
    Exactly "I say" was prominent in my first post. I wasn't claiming I was accurate I was hoping for a counter claim other than some lame "Utter, and complete nonsense."

Interceptions cost the production of plays that occurred before and after I say 10. What say you?

Default Re: Levi's lone interception on the Season.

I think it’s foolish to wait til you are losing by a lot to make a change at qb if the results you’ve been getting from said qb aren’t actually helping the team win. I think we’ve won despite our qb play, not because of, so waiting til we are down to make the move justifiable doesn’t make sense in my mind.

3. Default Re: Levi's lone interception on the Season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    And they were down by A LOT. Saban did the same thing in a national championship game when Alabama was losing.

If Oklahoma or Bama were winning in those games, I sincerely doubt either makes a change in QB.

The question will be if the Cajuns find themselves down 28-7 to App State, would Napier make the same move, after two TO's by Levi. If he doesn't, it is definitely worth criticizing.

Show me a coach that has made or makes the change not due to injury when a team is having a winning season AND winning a game, then we can compare apples to apples.

If you are going to congratulate Riley for making the change, he should be criticized for even starting Rattler because he has not been performing well this season.
    Les Miles with Jordan Jefferson

4. Default Re: Levi's lone interception on the Season.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    I think it’s foolish to wait til you are losing by a lot to make a change at qb if the results you’ve been getting from said qb aren’t actually helping the team win. I think we’ve won despite our qb play, not because of, so waiting til we are down to make the move justifiable doesn’t make sense in my mind.
    Or maybe the COACH will continue with what has worked . . .

Maybe, but show me a coach that has done it, in the past, pro or college. It is really easy on the outside looking in to say sure, just make the change, but when your job/salary/reputation is at risk, it isn't an easy call, I don't care who you are or what your job is.

I have managed people for years, and I can honestly say I have never fired someone too soon. It is human nature to want people to work out.

We have ALL been sports fans for a very long time, I still challenge all of you to find a football coach that makes a QB change mid-season when his team is winning. You may find a couple examples in the entire time you have been a fan, but it sure isn't that often. That is my point, it is the human condition.

I don’t think our qb play has worked.

And Vic, it’s okay if I have an opinion.

It also isn’t that often to have a winning team with sub par qb play, so we are looking for a small sample set, but I will oblige and try to find examples of it.

8. Default Re: Levi's lone interception on the Season.

I don’t think our qb play has worked.

And Vic, it’s okay if I have an opinion.
    Absolutely it is. Likewise it is ok for me or others to have an opinion. This is an opinion board.

It is also truly amazing that most with an adverse opinion about Levi become deranged when anyone tries to defend him.

And to your analogy of business, plenty of successful companies have re assigned people to different tasks if they weren’t performing satisfactorily. LL wouldn’t be “fired” I still think he serves an important purpose on this roster.

10. Default Re: Levi's lone interception on the Season.

There is no doubt that sports has become one of the biggest businesses in America, amateur as well as professional.

So getting benched is not the same thing as being fired, you’d agree.

12. Default Re: Levi's lone interception on the Season.

There are definitely examples, but very few companies make changes in the production line when the product is winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    In my simple dimple ranking system, I say each interception wipes 10 completions off the board.
    In my fantasy league gaining 10 yards is worth +1 point. Throwing interception -2 points.

14. Default Re: Levi's lone interception on the Season.

So getting benched is not the same thing as being fired, you’d agree.
    Sure.

Default Re: Levi's lone interception. On the Season.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Exactly "I say" was prominent in my first post. I wasn't claiming I was accurate I was hoping for a counter claim other than some lame "Utter, and complete nonsense."

Interceptions cost the production of plays that occurred before and after I say 10. What say you?
    Did you lift weights this morning? Is that why your hands keep typing all this foolishness?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information