Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Levi's lone interception on the Season.

Default Re: Levi's lone interception. On the Season.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It is looking like we need to throw more. Hopefully COACH sees this.
    It’s mathematical at this point ��

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    What part of this statement do you disagree with?

"Interceptions remove all progress made to a certain point, and prevent further progress from that point"
    Disagree. If you drive 70 yards and throw a pic. It’s better than throwing a pic 6. And everything prior to that pick at least moved the ball, flipped the field and rested the defense.

70 yards and a pic is probably more beneficial than a 3 and out. Not that I want to throw pics.

What part of this statement do you disagree with?

"Interceptions remove all progress made to a certain point, and prevent further progress from that point"
    Because one portion of the larger statement could be correct, that doesn’t ensure the greater point is logical.

You not only misunderstand statistics, you also misunderstand logic.

4. Default Re: Levi's lone interception. On the Season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Disagree. If you drive 70 yards and throw a pic. It’s better than throwing a pic 6. And everything prior to that pick at least moved the ball, flipped the field and rested the defense.

70 yards and a pic is probably more beneficial than a 3 and out. Not that I want to throw pics.
    Excellent point but it had nothing to do with the question.

5. Default Re: Levi's lone interception. On the Season.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Because one portion of the larger statement could be correct, that doesn’t ensure the greater point is logical.

You not only misunderstand statistics, you also misunderstand logic.
    Are you saying, the statement "Interceptions remove all progress made to a certain point" and interceptions "prevent further progress from that point" COULD be correct, or are correct?

6. Default Re: Levi's lone interception. On the Season.

Are you saying, the statement "Interceptions remove all progress made to a certain point" and interceptions "prevent further progress from that point" COULD be correct, or are correct?
    CharlieK, the reason I ask is, a scenario where a pic is thrown on the very first play of a drive could be viewed as nullifying the statement "Interceptions remove all progress made to a certain point" (although you might have a kickoff return involved) it doesn't erase any plays from the line of scrimmage.

However, I say the statement "interceptions prevent further progress from that point" would always be correct.

The Cajuns are 4-1, and we can all agree that Levi Lewis has not played better than last season, nor as well as any of us would hope.

Now, the absolute best Cajuns could be if someone else started and played better is 5-0. Yes, the four wins could have been prettier and/or easier, but still a win.

Now, the absolute worst Cajuns could be if someone else started and played worse is 0-5. There are some that say, no way Fields or Woodridge would play worse, but that is an unknown, so it is an opinion.

One could make the argument that Lewis played well against Ga Southern and Cajuns only won by 8. With a different QB that could've been a loss if an INT or two are thrown.

It is my OPINION, that with Fields or Woodridge starting all the games this season, it is far more likely the Cajuns are 3-2 instead of 5-0. I also think that it is more likely the Cajuns are 4-1, just as we are now.

To summarize my opinion, so far this season, Levi Lewis has not played well, outside of the Ga Southern game and we should expect better. But I also acknowledge that with another QB starting the whole season we are either 4-1 or 3-2, which is not as good a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    The Cajuns are 4-1, and we can all agree that Levi Lewis has not played better than last season, nor as well as any of us would hope.

Now, the absolute best Cajuns could be if someone else started and played better is 5-0. Yes, the four wins could have been prettier and/or easier, but still a win.

Now, the absolute worst Cajuns could be if someone else started and played worse is 0-5. There are some that say, no way Fields or Woodridge would play worse, but that is an unknown, so it is an opinion.

One could make the argument that Lewis played well against Ga Southern and Cajuns only won by 8. With a different QB that could've been a loss if an INT or two are thrown.

It is my OPINION, that with Fields or Woodridge starting all the games this season, it is far more likely the Cajuns are 3-2 instead of 5-0. I also think that it is more likely the Cajuns are 4-1, just as we are now.

To summarize my opinion, so far this season, Levi Lewis has not played well, outside of the Ga Southern game and we should expect better. But I also acknowledge that with another QB starting the whole season we are either 4-1 or 3-2, which is not as good a result.
    And I could speculate that if we had a different QB, we would be 5-0.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    And I could speculate that if we had a different QB, we would be 5-0.
    You absolutely could, but do you honestly think a different QB wins that game? I think a different QB has to play out of their minds for us to win that game, so the odds are very slim.

10. Default Re: Levi's lone interception. On the Season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    You absolutely could, but do you honestly think a different QB wins that game? I think a different QB has to play out of their minds for us to win that game, so the odds are very slim.
    No and there is a reason COACH plays the QB he plays. Since none of us are at practice, that may be a pretty good reason why we don’t know the answer.

Default Re: Levi's lone interception on the Season.

The 6th ranked team in the country who is undefeated made a change at qb midway through the game….

12. Default Re: Levi's lone interception on the Season.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    The 6th ranked team in the country who is undefeated made a change at qb midway through the game….
    Apparently they had a pretty good one on the bench - one that has impressed the COACH in practice recently.

Exactly.

CharlieK, the reason I ask is, a scenario where a pic is thrown on the very first play of a drive could be viewed as nullifying the statement "Interceptions remove all progress made to a certain point" (although you might have a kickoff return involved) it doesn't erase any plays from the line of scrimmage.

However, I say the statement "interceptions prevent further progress from that point" would always be correct.
    Your stat made a numerical claim, not just some captain obvious statement about an interception ending drive progress. You said it “wipes 10 completions off the board”.

Utter, and complete nonsense.

And they were down by A LOT. Saban did the same thing in a national championship game when Alabama was losing.

If Oklahoma or Bama were winning in those games, I sincerely doubt either makes a change in QB.

The question will be if the Cajuns find themselves down 28-7 to App State, would Napier make the same move, after two TO's by Levi. If he doesn't, it is definitely worth criticizing.

Show me a coach that has made or makes the change not due to injury when a team is having a winning season AND winning a game, then we can compare apples to apples.

If you are going to congratulate Riley for making the change, he should be criticized for even starting Rattler because he has not been performing well this season.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information