Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Levi's lone interception on the Season.

Default Re: Levi's lone interception. On the Season.

I hope as both a fan of the Cajuns, and also to see this board the next morning, that Levi Lewis plays out of his mind Tuesday night and leads us to the win over App State.

2. Default Re: Levi's lone interception. On the Season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I hope as both a fan of the Cajuns, and also to see this board the next morning, that Levi Lewis plays out of his mind Tuesday night and leads us to the win over App State.
    I also hope that we all see that on Tuesday night.

Me too!!! If he does he will get his credit too!

4. Default Re: Levi's lone interception. On the Season.

^ this

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Me too!!! If he does he will get his credit too!
    I might be a tad late getting myself up to speed for work the next morning.

Nearly as silly as your weight lifting theory. Nearly.

Default Re: Levi's lone interception.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Levi has a few good stats, and taking care of the ball is very important and the single biggest reason his QBR is decent. Anyone that watches the game, the eye test stat, knows he would rather throw it away, take a sack, maybe a grounding call, or throw to the easiest, closest receiver available, than turn it over via interception. So, he takes very few chances, but also misses MANY opportunities.
    Yes. People struggle with understanding risk vs reward. It’s great he protects the ball. It’s possible (likely?) he’s too far on the safe side of the risk vs reward curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    In my simple dimple ranking system, I say the average interception wipes 10 completions off the board.
    Let me misuse statistics in a similar fashion to show how silly this is.

If Lewis throws 7 TDs for every interception, it follows if he had thrown only one more pick so far this year he’d have 14 TDs. He could have thrown 5 more picks and be sitting at 42 TDs vs 6 INTs! Heisman candidate, if he just would throw more picks.

That absurdity is why “simple dimple”stats are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post

If Lewis throws 7 TDs for every interception, it follows if he had thrown only one more pick so far this year he’d have 14 TDs. He could have thrown 5 more picks and be sitting at 42 TDs vs 6 INTs! Heisman candidate, if he just would throw more picks.

Outstanding!

10. Default Re: Levi's lone interception. On the Season.

It is looking like we need to throw more. Hopefully COACH sees this.

11. Default Re: Levi's lone interception. On the Season.

Nearly as silly as your weight lifting theory. Nearly.
    LeBlanc seems to have lost his soft hands after a couple of years in the weight room. Levi doesn't trust his throws after 5 years of upper body focus. Many basketball players can't shoot free throws like they did years ago.

Perhaps it's not the clumsiness new muscles bring, maybe it's just the time the weight room takes away from actually practicing the game.

12. Default Re: Levi's lone interception. On the Season.

That absurdity is why “simple dimple” stats are useless.
    And that is why I completely (100%) stayed away from any cost on the scoreboard.

Interceptions end drives (true) that does not mean they would have scored. Drives stall for many many other reasons. For that reason, I purposefully stayed away from your conjecture tangent.

13. Default Re: Levi's lone interception. On the Season.

I know you are pulling a Rush Limbaugh and being absurd to be absurd. But there is a huge difference.

My simple dimple stat takes a proven fact, namely interceptions remove all progress made to a certain point and prevent further progress from that point, effectively undoing everything, every play that came before on that drive and preventing everything, any play that could have followed.

Your example has nothing, zero, zilch, in common with my simple dimple interception cost analysis.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I know you are pulling a Rush Limbaugh and being absurd to be absurd. But there is a huge difference.

My simple dimple stat takes a proven fact, namely interceptions remove all progress made to a certain point and prevent further progress from that point, effectively undoing everything, every play that came before on that drive and preventing everything, any play that could have followed.

Your example has nothing, zero, zilch, in common with my simple dimple interception cost analysis.

jmo
    Only as absurd as your “stat”. You don’t even have a dubious mathematical relationship to fall back on. You just made yours up out of whole cloth. Utter silliness.

15. Default Re: Levi's lone interception. On the Season.

Only as absurd as your “stat”. You don’t even have a dubious mathematical relationship to fall back on. You just made yours up out of whole cloth. Utter silliness.
    What part of this statement do you disagree with?

"Interceptions remove all progress made to a certain point, and prevent further progress from that point"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information