Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Levi's lone interception on the Season.

Default Re: Levi's lone interception.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I think everyone is saying Is a mid tier SBC QB. Some on here think he is the best QB to strap it up for the program. He is not even in the top 2 in the last decade
    So, do you have any objective facts to back up your subjective opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    So, do you have any objective facts to back up your subjective opinion?
    Why yes I do

An uninjured Terrance Broadway QBR was 8 points higher than Lewis best QBR in 2019. It is also 18 points higher than last year and 20 points higher than this year.

Same with Gautier his QBR was higher than Any of Lewis seasons

3. Default Re: Levi's lone interception.

Why yes I do

An uninjured Terrance Broadway QBR was 8 points higher than Lewis best QBR in 2019. It is also 18 points higher than last year and 20 points higher than this year.

Add all of Levi's intangibles not measured by any of these statistics to the analysis and where does that put him?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Add all of Levi's intangibles not measured by any of these statistics to the analysis and where does that put him?
    Probably about the same. I leave it to those more knowledgeable than me, but I think both of those possessed very good intangibles.

5. Default Re: Levi's lone interception.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Not every single time on rare occasions they mean nothing
    Now you're throwing (pun) team defense into the equation.

My "simple dimple ranking system" stays away from the "mean nothing" means more scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

My "simple dimple ranking system" stays away from the "mean nothing" means more scenarios.
    I'm sure some real or self-imagined stats guru has come up with an analysis of what the "cost" of an interception is.

7. Default Re: Levi's lone interception.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I'm sure some real or self-imagined stats guru has come up with an analysis of what the "cost" of an interception is.
    Or the benefit from "lack of sack" resulting from a good scramble.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The team is a winner (in fact the most they have ever won in the history of the Louisiana Football Program) with him at the helm - the most quantifiable stat. But you don't seem to like that one.
    Guy had 58 yards and credited with a win or he has 350 yards and 4 tds but gets credited with a loss ... thats why it's. Dumb statement for a player to get wins and losses credited to them.

9. Default Re: Levi's lone interception.

Guy had 58 yards and credited with a win or he has 350 yards and 4 tds but gets credited with a loss ... thats why it's. Dumb statement for a player to get wins and losses credited to them.
    Did I say team or did I not? What part of team do you not understand?

Furthermore, when or if our COACH makes a decision to go another route at QB, I will be 110% behind that decision and the QB that takes the field for the Ragin Cajuns at that time.

Why yes I do

I figured those were the two you were talking about...I could almost bet it was Broadway

11. Default Re: Levi's lone interception.

I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

End of half hail Mary’s and such

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I figured those were the two you were talking about...I could almost bet it was Broadway
    Mason was the QB my freshman year so I started watching from than on.

14. Default Re: Levi's lone interception.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    End of half hail Mary’s and such
    Yeah my simple dimple equation is too simple to count those. They usually occor after a half dozen step out of bounds sideline routes.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I'm glad you accept the QBR. By that rating, Lewis is ranked 29 in G5 schools. I haven't counted, but I believe there are over 60 G5 schools, which means Lewis is average, which is what most of us have been saying. When you throw in his leadership abilities, and the confidence that his players have in him, I believe he is somewhat above average.... Not great but good... and good enough.... and the best we got.
    Levi has a few good stats, and taking care of the ball is very important and the single biggest reason his QBR is decent. Anyone that watches the game, the eye test stat, knows he would rather throw it away, take a sack, maybe a grounding call, or throw to the easiest, closest receiver available, than turn it over via interception. So, he takes very few chances, but also misses MANY opportunities.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information