Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    You pretty much nailed it. Great analysis!
    Do we want to figure out who 1,2, and 3 are? Gerry you get the voice of reason tag, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Should be interesting. They especially need to hear what Rick had to say. Thanks T.
    Glad to be of service. Hope to see you at softball shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Glad to be of service. Hope to see you at softball shortly.
    2 hours away! Will you be at your usual spot?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Do we want to figure out who 1,2, and 3 are? Gerry you get the voice of reason tag, lol.
    LOL I would say I’m #3

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Here's another thought. Watching Arizona State v Stanford. ASU has everything on the field in Spanish/Hispanic (if that is correct), e.g. Los Diablos. Thinking about Rick Jones comments about Cajun culture, how about incorporating more French references in the stadium, on the field, in the music and in our chants for a more unique Cajun experience?m for our fans and viewers?
    HOT BOUDIN!
    COLD CUSH-CUSH!
    COME ON CAJUNS,
    PUSH! PUSH! PUSH!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    What I love about Ragin Review week in and week out is the diversity of the 3 hosts.

1) Still in school: Stong takes, sometimes dogmatic, very in the moment, the anchor.
    2) Fire passionate: A wealth of knowledge on many topics, an idea man, not willing to sit idle.
    3) Well-rounded: UL support goes way back, often the voice of reason, knows his stuff, catches things the others might have missed.

Then you take those three assets and introduce a guest like Jones and this podcast was the perfect storm for good listening.

jmo
    Not being biased. For those who dont know, MAT and I are cousins. And I consider Gerry a friend. I told them both just how good I think the podcast is....Its really really good. There is such a great diversity AND chemistry between the 3 of them that works so well. Ive wanted something like this for a long time. Great UL content, really great guests and good takes. Whats not to love? They need to take this to youtube! Look at how quickly that sic' em 365 channel blew up with this alignment thing. Would love seeing UL RAGIN CAJUN culture spread across the country!

Finally was able to listen to the entire podcast last night. Jones is a terrific interview, very authentic. And the questions you asked, were things I was hoping you'd ask. Great job!

I'm not a podcast person but I did listen to the podcast today. It was nice to listen and hear from someone who knows what he is talking about, someone whose comments are not focused on convincing anyone that he knows what he is talking about. Good job all around.

And no, the second sentence above is not directed to any of the guys taking part in the podcast.

GEAUX LOUISIANA

9. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Your audio quality is the best it has ever been.

What (if anything) did you do differently?

Also, will Ragin Review be able to take advantage of Captivate's new 'get a guest' software?
    Sound quality is just a result of constant tweaking, trial and error. One thing we’ve been able to do in season 4 is have a structure in place. We know what we want to do and we (now) know how to do it. As you know, we’re just amateurs doing something that we sincerely enjoy doing. It’s a labor of love.

And yes, the updated version of captivate is very user friendly. I really like the service.

As for the podcast battles.. Look, it’s impossible to have too much exposure these days. We need as many people talking about the Ragin Cajuns as we can get. I listen to all of the pods. Rory, ColoradoCajun, We’re Talkin’ and Dillow’s pod. All are very different. All speak to a different audience. There is value in all of them.

Believe it or not, we actually have a stated goal. We want to be the best Podcast in the Group of 5 schools. And we work on it a lot. It takes a lot of prep to do these things, so I respect anyone who is willing to do the work, sacrifice their time and put their voice out there.

I felt it to be a good idea for us to listen to Rick Jones again after this impressive victory over Appalachian State.

I posted the link to Ragin' Review on both LinkedIn alumni groups. I got 2 "likes" from one group and no response from the other. I don't know if you can tell when you get a surge of listeners to your podcasts, but I posted it to the first group on Saturday and the other on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Not being biased. For those who dont know, MAT and I are cousins. And I consider Gerry a friend. I told them both just how good I think the podcast is....Its really really good. There is such a great diversity AND chemistry between the 3 of them that works so well. Ive wanted something like this for a long time. Great UL content, really great guests and good takes. Whats not to love? They need to take this to youtube! Look at how quickly that sic' em 365 channel blew up with this alignment thing. Would love seeing UL RAGIN CAJUN culture spread across the country!
    I don't know any of these young men, but they are doing a great job with the podcast. It fills a void that was needed with the reduced local sports radio coverage. It's very nice hearing from an unapologetic fan perspective

Also like hearing Dave and Melrocks podcast as well. Good stuff all around

12. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    RED OUT!
    ……I think all the Neb games are red outs…..very impressive when we played them some years back!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    HOT BOUDIN!
    COLD CUSH-CUSH!
    COME ON CAJUNS,
    PUSH! PUSH! PUSH!
    We REALLY need to start using that cheer again. Nothing else says Cajuns better than that. Plus, lots of tradition behind it.

14. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I felt it to be a good idea for us to listen to Rick Jones again after this impressive victory over Appalachian State.

I posted the link to Ragin' Review on both LinkedIn alumni groups. I got 2 "likes" from one group and no response from the other. I don't know if you can tell when you get a surge of listeners to your podcasts, but I posted it to the first group on Saturday and the other on Monday.
    The episode continues to get plenty of attention on a daily basis. It will moat likely end up being our most listened to episode to date.

15. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I don't know any of these young men, but they are doing a great job with the podcast. It fills a void that was needed with the reduced local sports radio coverage. It's very nice hearing from an unapologetic fan perspective

Also like hearing Dave and Melrocks podcast as well. Good stuff all around
    Sincerely appreciate the comment and support.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information