Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Appreciate the love. Any podcast that covers the Cajuns is fine by me. The fans have a right to show their passion. We are just one of those types of fans.
    The main reason you guys rock.

2. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I enjoy all 3 podcast. Nothing wrong with enjoying my personal friends a little more. None of them are bad, I just like the raw emotion one a little more. I will be a fan of all 3 as they get the exposure of Cajuns sports to the masses.
    ……So get the podcast to all the sport writers in the state (especially around here) and put their opinions in their column!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Too bad we didn't make this a
    "Red Out"game. Something else to peak the fan's interest and have a great showing on TV.
    Here's another thought. Watching Arizona State v Stanford. ASU has everything on the field in Spanish/Hispanic (if that is correct), e.g. Los Diablos. Thinking about Rick Jones comments about Cajun culture, how about incorporating more French references in the stadium, on the field, in the music and in our chants for a more unique Cajun experience?m for our fans and viewers?

I just posted the link you provided for Ragin Review in the Alumni group on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/39931/). Let's see what kind of response you get.

5. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    IMO, this was a weak post by Turbine.
    Sorry Turbine. Why even say that?
    We are all LOUISIANA fans.
    I was trying to say there is no need for favorites. Endorsing a favorite "UL only" podcast over another serves to divide and conquer another UL only podcast and should have no place here.

The days of head to head radio shows are ending. Each radio program now has is own podcast. So no matter where you live you can listen to both radio programs. This is because podcasts are time shifted to the listeners convienence. There is no need to declare favorites when UL needs all the exposure it can get.

ps also because the poster was bashing another UL ONLY podcast just last week.

6. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I just posted the link you provided for Ragin Review in the Alumni group on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/39931/). Let's see what kind of response you get.
    Should be interesting. They especially need to hear what Rick had to say. Thanks T.

7. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Should be interesting. They especially need to hear what Rick had to say. Thanks T.
    Your audio quality is the best it has ever been.

What (if anything) did you do differently?

Also, will Ragin Review be able to take advantage of Captivate's new 'get a guest' software?

8. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I was trying to say there is no need for favorites. Endorsing a favorite "UL only" podcast over another serves to divide and conquer another UL only podcast and should have no place here.

The days of head to head radio shows are ending. Each radio program now has is own podcast. So no matter where you live you can listen to both radio programs. This is because podcasts are time shifted to the listeners convienence. There is no need to declare favorites when UL needs all the exposure it can get.

The pods are different. I will be the first to admit I listen to ragin review on occasion. And I know for a fact that at least one of the ragin reviewers has listened and does listen to we’re talking’ podcast. But again they are different. You can like one more than another that is your preference. But I suggest we all promote and listen to as much Cajun athletic information as possible.

I personally know which one I like best.

Now that’s a hard post Turbine!
    I hear ya!
    Geaux Louisiana!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    The pods are different. I will be the first to admit I listen to ragin review on occasion. And I know for a fact that at least one of the ragin reviewers has listened and does listen to we’re talking’ podcast. But again they are different. You can like one more than another that is your preference. But I suggest we all promote and listen to as much Cajun athletic information as possible.

I enjoy all 3 podcast in regards to Cajun sports.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

The more content, the better. This should NEVER be a contest. We are all on the same team here.

12. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Enjoyed the podcast. Best one yet. No doubt Rick Jones knows his subjects.

Isn't he the guy who used to get laughs with " I'm Rick Jones B"i'tch...

14. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

What I love about Ragin Review week in and week out is the diversity of the 3 hosts.

1) Still in school: Stong takes, sometimes dogmatic, very in the moment, the anchor.
    2) Fire passionate: A wealth of knowledge on many topics, an idea man, not willing to sit idle.
    3) Well-rounded: UL support goes way back, often the voice of reason, knows his stuff, catches things the others might have missed.

Then you take those three assets and introduce a guest like Jones and this podcast was the perfect storm for good listening.

jmo

What I love about Ragin Review week in and week out is the diversity of the 3 hosts.

1) Still in school: Stong takes, sometimes dogmatic, very in the moment, the anchor.
    2) Fire passionate: A wealth of knowledge on many topics, an idea man, not willing to sit idle.
    3) Well-rounded: UL support goes way back, often the voice of reason, knows his stuff, catches things the others might have missed.

Then you take those three assets and introduce a guest like Jones and this podcast was the perfect storm for good listening.

jmo
    You pretty much nailed it. Great analysis!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information