Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    He loves the hill with the kids playing on it!
    Yeah, i thought that was funny too. Really stuck out to me. I also really like that he thinks we have not begun to tap into what we can become.....but a lot of other places have reached their peak.

2. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

We need LEVEErage that asset.

3. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

I like how he mentioned that Florida State made a name for themselves with anybody, anywhere scheduling mentality.

Something you can only do as an independent.

Of course this directly led to ACC membership.

Screw ESPN. Get our own TV rights back and make a pitch to Hulu and Amazon Prime. I would even approach Fox.Most people have these already. I would much rather watch a regional SBC game over PAC 12 game at 8 PM on a Saturday.

Imagine a package of season tickets, two t shirts delivered by Amazon, and a year subscription to Amazon. I would spend $400 - $500 on a Cajuns/Amazon Season Ticket Package.

5. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

As a member of the constrict Belt I think UL is at the mercy of their negotiating skills.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

LOVED when Rick Jones said, "First prize is one night in Ruston, second prize is 2 nights in Ruston." Now THAT'S funny!!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatAppState

7. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    When it comes to digital sales you have to think in terms of households not individuals.

In house ad sales could blow the current income out of the water.

To overcome dinosaur influence and this is something Louisiana needs to be doing now anyway,
    namely dumping a couple dozen videos "per game" of big play compilations longs and shorts on the various video platforms. Including entire games after the fact win or lose.
    This is why there is a segment of us who holler and scream every time and establishment plays the LSU&A&MC crap over our games. Householders and establishments count the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Screw ESPN. Get our own TV rights back and make a pitch to Hulu and Amazon Prime. I would even approach Fox.Most people have these already. I would much rather watch a regional SBC game over PAC 12 game at 8 PM on a Saturday.

Imagine packaging a pair of season tickets, two t shirts delivered by Amazon, and a year subscription to Amazon. I would spend $400 - $500 on a Cajuns/Amazon Season Ticket Package.
    Well it's a contract with the conference correct? So, there's that problem. But going forward maybe they could negotiate with those platforms as 3rd tier media rights?

Sounds levels were very good this episode. From intro music to voices, it was pretty even.

Default Re: wThe Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    But the problem with social platforms is it becomes a bubble. An echo chamber. It feels like you’re reaching everyone but you’re really only reaching a certain tribe. Something like 11% of the population is on Twitter. That’s nothing.

And I agree. I’ve been incredibly disappointed in the outreach for the App St game to date. Most disappointed by the tepid response to our ideas about getting the tailgate seen buzzing days prior to the game. It just makes too much sense to not attempt it. Admin has been mum on it.
    I agree with his analysis. Twitter is not real life and much of social media is simply repeating talking points to people already in the choir. Need to reach students in a different way but I am not sure what that way is.

11. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    We need LEVEErage that asset.
    ……How many kids and grown-ups would buy the tee….”I rolled the North Endzone at Cajun Field”

nm

As a parent it's the only way we get to stay the whole game.

Default Re: wThe Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I agree with his analysis. Twitter is not real life and much of social media is simply repeating talking points to people already in the choir. Need to reach students in a different way but I am not sure what that way is.
    Twitter and FB are good starting places, but the content of your post/ad has to be shared for it to do any good. A better solution is to target and drill down using consumer data points, based on your digital bread crumbs, where your targets are most likely to see your ad. John Studmuffin is a soph., he lifts weights, likes to read about different techniques to use with his weights. Boom, as he searches or goes to his favorite site, he's served a digital ad. How many gross impressions do you want? 50, 60 thousand? There are media companies that can do that. CPM in this market is low...beats FB and Twitter...although those are utilized as well, depending on your needs and plan.

15. Default Re: wThe Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Twitter and FB are good starting places, but the content of your post/ad has to be shared for it to do any good. A better solution is to target and drill down using consumer data points, based on your digital bread crumbs, where your targets are most likely to see your ad. John Studmuffin is a soph., he lifts weights, likes to read about different techniques to use with his weights. Boom, as he searches or goes to his favorite site, he's served a digital ad. How many gross impressions do you want? 50, 60 thousand? There are media companies that can do that. CPM in this market is low...beats FB and Twitter...although those are utilized as well, depending on your needs and plan.
    Like Rick said, how to you reach the GEN Xers? I don't think we have a boomer / millennial problem.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information