Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    When you speak of competing with LSU head to head and being a rival. I truly believe the last piece of that puzzle is football.

Continue to be a rival in baseball and softball. We HAVE to start winning more against them. It’s a must. In softball a Natty would do it. It’s possible for us too.

In baseball just getting into a regional is no longer good enough. It should be expected that we schedule and perform to a level that we are in contention to HOST a regional. Win that region and expect to make it to the Supers.

Basketball…..well….honestly we are a basketball school. Just seems like the Acadiana area, administration and fans forgot that we were a basketball school.

Finally on to football. One thing you constantly see from this program over the years, struggling to consistently perform to our capabilities. We rarely ever play up to our potential. Or we just flat out crap the bed anytime there is excitement around the program. Either we lay an egg or the game day experience is like pulling teeth. We have to fix that before we take on the giant tiger in BR.
    Starts with beating App state Tuesday night.

This game for the program at Cajun Field is a lot bigger than most casual fans realize.

Gotta be loud folks. Thanks for showing up but the days of being soft should be over.
    We have a legit product on the field which I believe will put it together Tues night and beat a great App St team.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post

This game for the program at Cajun Field is a lot bigger than most casual fans realize.

Gotta be loud folks. Thanks for showing up but the days of being soft should be over.
    We have a legit product on the field which I believe will put it together Tues night and beat a great App St team.
    Not based on what we seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Not based on what we seen so far.
    Louisiana and Billy Napier are going to win this App game!
    All Nap does is win.

4. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

It started a long time ago.

App St is a big game, I agree. I feel like people will tune in to see what all the fuss is about. Also an opportunity to progress a developing rivalry with a top notch G5 brand.

Lots of opportunities in front of us next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Exactly. We’ve taken the “soft” approach for way too long. I can guarantee you that Baton Rouge and Ruston didn’t take the “soft” approach when they worked to keep us down for all these years.

There is a time for diplomacy and there is a time for aggression. The time for the latter was yesterday.
    Yelling at people that they "have" to start spending more of their discretionary dollars on the Cajuns will turn many people off. Being enthusiastic about the request and benefit of joining the cause is one thing. I support that fully. Telling people they are not good citizens if they are not interested will not help. People don't like being TOLD what to do. Evidence is the pace of vaccinations in this country. That started to PLUMMET as soon as the President announced his requirements. Let's not have that happen with our efforts to increase support for the Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It started a long time ago.

App St is a big game, I agree. I feel like people will tune in to see what all the fuss is about. Also an opportunity to progress a developing rivalry with a top notch G5 brand.

Lots of opportunities in front of us next Tuesday.
    It actually started with Bustle.

It kills me that people are categorizing others as casual fans because they don't go to Cajun Field and watch the games. Lots of them watch the games on tv. But my question is how many of you would buy a 2022 car with no engine in it at new car price. My point is until we put a new engine in the program ( better game day experience, better home schedule, less week day games amongst other things) we can't expect the non die hard fan to attend. How many people give or sell there tickets to an LSU/ULM or whatever powder puff goes to LSU. We got to put out a better product and have to beat the bad teams we play convincingly if we want fans to be excited about Cajun football. JMO

Great episode! Hit the nail on the head! Really appreciate what y’all are doing. Keep up the good work.

9. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Great episode! Hit the nail on the head! Really appreciate what y’all are doing. Keep up the good work.
    ………..Well how bout……hey it’s your home team…. BACK ‘EM…… GEAUX CAJUNS1

10. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Thanks Big fella. Means a lot coming from you.

Drove by there yesterday, they were cutting the grass in the parking field. Hope they took care of the ant piles. Can’t see them in the dark.

A Casual Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Yelling at people that they "have" to start spending more of their discretionary dollars on the Cajuns will turn many people off. Being enthusiastic about the request and benefit of joining the cause is one thing. I support that fully. Telling people they are not good citizens if they are not interested will not help. People don't like being TOLD what to do. Evidence is the pace of vaccinations in this country. That started to PLUMMET as soon as the President announced his requirements. Let's not have that happen with our efforts to increase support for the Cajuns
    Point on. It’s up to the program to win with an exciting product and fans being positive. Wear your gear, it doesn’t have to be only on Fridays and game day. Make it something people want to be a part of.

Put it this way...we’ve all been told we have to support LSU because they’re the state flagship. I’m pretty sure the vast majority here fall into the “uh, no” category.

13. Default Re: The Ragin Cajun Brand & Conference Realignment: Rick Jones

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Point on. It’s up to the program to win with an exciting product and fans being positive. Wear your gear, it doesn’t have to be only on Fridays and game day. Make it something people want to be a part of.

Put it this way...we’ve all been told we have to support LSU because they’re the state flagship. I’m pretty sure the vast majority here fall into the “uh, no” category.
    Agree on principle. And yes, it's incumbent upon the seller to create a product or experience that a consumer wants to buy. But there is nuance here. Consider the comments Rick made about the skipped generation of GEN X'ers, it falls more on Boomers and Millennials to bring those folks into the fold. It's just that, those two generations are so fundamentally different and rarely work well together.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    It kills me that people are categorizing others as casual fans because they don't go to Cajun Field and watch the games. Lots of them watch the games on tv. But my question is how many of you would buy a 2022 car with no engine in it at new car price. My point is until we put a new engine in the program ( better game day experience, better home schedule, less week day games amongst other things) we can't expect the non die hard fan to attend. How many people give or sell there tickets to an LSU/ULM or whatever powder puff goes to LSU. We got to put out a better product and have to beat the bad teams we play convincingly if we want fans to be excited about Cajun football. JMO
    If you’re not a die hard than you’re a casual fan. It’s not an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    If you’re not a die hard than you’re a casual fan. It’s not an insult.
    I guess that makes me a diehard casual fan.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information