Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Athletics Receives $2 Million Gift From IBERIABANK/First Horizon

Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Receives $2 Million Gift From IBERIABANK/First Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I'm not sure if this new project includes a "Square" between the football stadium, baseball stadium, APC and IPF. One that would include a smaller version of the FDL fountain on campus and maybe even bricked to include a brick for every letterman, an "Athletic Walk of Honor".

I just read an article about Stuller expanding in Lafayette. As North America's largest fine jewelry manufacturer and located in Lafayette, I would suggest UL approach them with a commitment to fund the "Stuller Square" and add that to the overall project to complete the finished look of the athletic complex. Seems like a natural fit and not too expensive a project to fund.
    The “Stuller Square” idea sounds interesting and appropriate

If you’ve ever been in their facility, they have a huge (square) common area right in the middle of their building that is used as a cafeteria and break area. With the tight security coming and going from their facility (due to the value of what’s inside) it limits the trips in and out by employees

Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Receives $2 Million Gift From IBERIABANK/First Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    The “Stuller Square” idea sounds interesting and appropriate

If you’ve ever been right in their facility, they have a huge (square) common area right in the middle of their building that is used as a cafeteria and break area. With the tight security coming and going from their facility (due to the value of what’s inside) it limits the trips in and out by employees
    Boy did they miss a "gold"en opportunity to fund and get naming rights for the tigue.
    Stuller's THE DIAMOND @ TIGUE MOORE FIELD

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Boy did they miss a "gold"en opportunity to fund and get naming rights for the tigue.
    Stuller's THE DIAMOND @ TIGUE MOORE FIELD
    Yep. They missed their chance.

So, now, Notre Dame has Touchdown Jesus. We will have Our Lady.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Yep. They missed their chance.

So, now, Notre Dame has Touchdown Jesus. We will have Our Lady.
    Re-brand the swamp to "The Grotto".

5. Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Receives $2 Million Gift From IBERIABANK/First Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Re-brand the swamp to "The Grotto".
    I thought that was the name of the tunnel?

I will repeat what I have stated a few times before. Matt Stuller has ZERO interest in sports. He helps the university and community in a myriad of other ways. If he comes on board with athletic fund raising, I will be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I will repeat what I have stated a few times before. Matt Stuller has ZERO interest in sports. He helps the university and community in a myriad of other ways. If he comes on board with athletic fund raising, I will be shocked.
    You would think that with all jewelry and bling today’s athletes like to wear, maybe Dr. Maggard could convince Mr. Stuller that a little investment in athletics could be viewed as an advertising expense!

8. Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Receives $2 Million Gift From IBERIABANK/First Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    You would think that with all jewelry and bling today’s athletes like to wear, maybe Dr. Maggard could convince Mr. Stuller that a little investment in athletics could be viewed as an advertising expense!
    When Mike says ZERO interest in sports, he means ZERO INTEREST IN SPORTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Not going to happen, but maybe Mr. Marino would be interested?

10. Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Receives $2 Million Gift From IBERIABANK/First Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I am pretty confident you don’t know crap about Stuller, but who is Mr. Marino?

I was planning on donating enough to complete the stadium renovation project after I won the Powerball jackpot a week or so ago, but I was just five numbers away from winning!!!! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Dan definitely has some major money and he gives alot back to his former school. I had lunch next to him a few years back at Feezo's in Scott.

13. Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Receives $2 Million Gift From IBERIABANK/First Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    Dan definitely has some major money and he gives alot back to his former school. I had lunch next to him a few years back at Feezo's in Scott.
    Who is Dan?

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    I actually ran into Mr. Marino at the Lafayette airport about 8 or so years ago.

15. Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Receives $2 Million Gift From IBERIABANK/First Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Advertising value is the door he will walk through.

When Mercedes put their name on the Super Dome, it wasn't because the brass in Germany has any interest in New Orleans football. ZERO

Advertising.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information