Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Athletics Receives $2 Million Gift From IBERIABANK/First Horizon

Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Receives $2 Million Gift From IBERIABANK/First Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Demo/construction will start on December 5th
    For true, or are you just speculating/wishing?

Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Receives $2 Million Gift From IBERIABANK/First Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    For true, or are you just speculating/wishing?
    https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/.on/6026889001/

“ “If we can get the design done by next summer and then start turning earth over then,” he told The Daily Advertiser on Wednesday, “that would be ideal for us.”

And don’t forget the bid process.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    “ “If we can get the design done by next summer and then start turning earth over then,” he told The Daily Advertiser on Wednesday, “that would be ideal for us.”

And don’t forget the bid process.
    Right. If the design isn't even completed yet I don't think there is a chance in hell it could start 12/5. Summer 2022 is fine by me. I am pretty sure I'll still be alive then, so I will see something that I really doubted that would happen in my lifetime. Thank you Dr. S, Dr. M., Coach Napier, Nico, etc.

Right. If the design isn't even completed yet I don't think there is a chance in hell it could start 12/5. Summer 2022 is fine by me. I am pretty sure I'll still be alive then, so I will see something that I really doubted that would happen in my lifetime. Thank you Dr. S, Dr. M., Coach Napier, Nico, etc.
    It was a joke saying they will break ground after the last game at Cajun field…considering the championship game is scheduled for December 4th

Given the statements by Maggard, reseating of the UD may not happen until '23, with demo starting December '22. But then again, Maggard gets things done, could have demo started this December IF money is in place and ULS approves the project. Could uncover any unknow issues that could be included in the base bid.

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    It was a joke saying they will break ground after the last game at Cajun field…considering the championship game is scheduled for December 4th
    Would have been a hell of a birthday present for you and me. Lol

If it is a "design/build" contract it can get off the ground fairly quickly since it is a combined contract. I'm pretty sure that is how the Tigue contract was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    If it is a "design/build" contract it can get off the ground fairly quickly since it is a combined contract. I'm pretty sure that is how the Tigue contract was done.
    I’ll get with our resident board EE when he gets back from Utah to see what the latest scoop on the project is.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I’ll get with our resident board EE when he gets back from Utah to see what the latest scoop on the project is.
    Please define EE for those not as versed in construction lingo. Thanks

Please define EE for those not as versed in construction lingo. Thanks
    You mean its not electrical engineer? Ughhhh

There's more than one on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    There's more than one on this board.
    Ah true. But more than 1 tied to UL construction projects?

Ah true. But more than 1 tied to UL construction projects?
    Ohengineering expert. I get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I'm not sure if this new project includes a "Square" between the football stadium, baseball stadium, APC and IPF. One that would include a smaller version of the FDL fountain on campus and maybe even bricked to include a brick for every letterman, an "Athletic Walk of Honor".

I just read an article about Stuller expanding in Lafayette. As North America's largest fine jewelry manufacturer and located in Lafayette, I would suggest UL approach them with a commitment to fund the "Stuller Square" and add that to the overall project to complete the finished look of the athletic complex. Seems like a natural fit and not too expensive a project to fund.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information