Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Athletics Receives $2 Million Gift From IBERIABANK/First Horizon

1. Ragin' Cajuns Louisiana Athletics Receives $2 Million Gift From IBERIABANK/First Horizon

The Louisiana Department of Athletics has received a generous $2 million gift from IBERIABANK, a division of First Horizon Bank, through the Louisiana First Horizon Foundation, for the highly-anticipated renovation of Cajun Field, it was announced on Tuesday afternoon.

The pledge also secures the naming rights to the Ragin Cajun Stadium West Concourse and the Athletics Administration Offices inside the renovated Cajun Field.

IBERIABANK has been a long-time RCAF investor and supporter of the University, the Athletics department and Ragin' Cajuns Sports Properties. Jerry Vascocu, who was recently promoted to Commercial Banking Executive for the combined company, is a current member of the Ragin' Cajuns Athletic Foundation (RCAF) Board of Directors, and Jerry Prejean, Acadiana Market president, is a past RCAF Board Member.

"This generous gift will be instrumental in allowing us to accomplish the renovation of Cajun Field," Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics Dr. Bryan Maggard said. "We are extremely grateful for IBERIABANK/First Horizon and their continued support of Louisiana Athletics and Ragin' Cajuns Football."

"We are excited to invest in the renovation of the stadium which serves as a place for our community to come together to support and celebrate our hometown team," said Jerry Prejean, Acadiana Market President for IBERIABANK. "IBERIABANK has proudly supported the University for many years, and our gift through the Louisiana First Horizon Foundation is testament of our continued commitment to support and invest in Acadiana."

The new west tower of the renovated facility will feature premium suites, a luxurious club level and club seats, loge boxes, and press box. The premium amenities available to Ragin' Cajuns fans will offer new avenues for their involvement with the football program and the Ragin' Cajuns Athletics Foundation.

Premium suites include indoor private seating as well as available outdoor seating for suite holders and their guests. Other amenities include access to the climate-controlled club area, premium catered food and beverages, the ability to add additional food and drink, and a suite attendant to assist with game day needs.

Loge boxes feature private outdoor seating and come with access to premium parking. Club seats will be assigned outdoor seating with high-quality chairs with armrests and beverage holders. Patrons in the loge boxes and club seats will also have access to the club area and all of its amenities.

The club area will also serve as a dining facility for Louisiana's more than 400 student-athletes throughout the year.

Additional plans for the project include a new videoboard, lights, sound system, renovated west side seating, new east side façade and operational and office spaces for Department of Athletics staff.

Follow the Ragin' Cajuns on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram (@RaginCajuns) to stay up-to-date on all that is happening with Louisiana Athletics.

About First Horizon
    First Horizon Corp. (NYSE: FHN), with $87.9 billion in assets as of June 30, 2021, is a leading regional financial services company, dedicated to strengthening the lives of our associates, clients, shareholders, and communities. Headquartered in Memphis, TN, the banking subsidiary First Horizon Bank operates in 12 states across the southern U.S. The Company and its subsidiaries offer commercial, private banking, consumer, small business, wealth and trust management, retail brokerage, capital markets, fixed income, mortgage, and title insurance services. First Horizon has been recognized as one of the nation's best employers by Fortune and Forbes magazines and a Top 10 Most Reputable U.S. Bank. More information is available at www.FirstHorizon.com.

2. Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Receives $2 Million Gift From IBERIABANK/First Horizon

WHAT!!!!!!

GEAUX Our Lady of Lords (15 Million)
    GEAUX McDonalds (what we believe is 1 Million)
    GEAUX IBERIA BANK (2 Million)

18 Million in the bank.

3. Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Receives $2 Million Gift From IBERIABANK/First Horizon

Man, I am so pumped about this, I would give up every remaining Home Game this season to start construction right now.

Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Receives $2 Million Gift From IBERIABANK/First Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Man, I am so pumped about this, I would give up every remaining Home Game this season to start construction right now.
    I think or hope we will see more businesses stepping up to get in on the action.

5. Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Receives $2 Million Gift From IBERIABANK/First Horizon

Momentum

Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Receives $2 Million Gift From IBERIABANK/First Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I think or hope we will see more business steeping up to get in on the action.
    I have to believe there are other businesses that are involved, just not quite to the seven figure level. Otherwise, I don’t think only 18 million would be enough to start the project so soon. But yes, I agree. The more that are involved, the better off UL will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I have to believe there are other businesses that are involved, just not quite to the seven figure level. Otherwise, I don’t think only 18 million would be enough to start the project so soon. But yes, I agree. The more that are involved, the better off UL will be.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I think the secured number is double the 18 mill

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    I think the secured number is double the 18 mill
    Supposedly the estimated construction cost is around $65 million and we need half to get started. Should be very close to half of that.

With the cost of construction (and everything else) skyrocketing currently , hopefully that number is close to accurate

Great job by Maggard and crew for making it happen

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    WHAT!!!!!!

GEAUX Our Lady of Lords (15 Million)
    GEAUX McDonalds (what we believe is 1 Million)
    GEAUX IBERIA BANK (2 Million)

18 Million in the bank.
    Lourdes (Lords) $15M is over 15 years. Is the First Horizon $2M immediate?

I have to say to myself; Are they purposely announcing these donations one at a time? They may have had these in the bag for some time, but they did not want to announce them all at once so that each business would get its due. For example, if they had announced this 2 million at the same time as the OLOL pledge, it would have been an afterthought.

Which begs the question, are there more already pledged which will be announced one at a time? My guess is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I have to say to myself; Are they purposely announcing these donations one at a time? They may have had these in the bag for some time, but they did not want to announce them all at once so that each business would get its due. For example, if they had announced this 2 million at the same time as the OLOL pledge, it would have been an afterthought.

Which begs the question, are there more already pledged which will be announced one at a time? My guess is yes.
    I believe you are correct. It is my understanding that we are past the point of having enough to proceed with the renovations. The announcements will continue to happen over the course of the season. It’s a way to get enough focus on the people and corporate sponsors. It’s a great strategy IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I believe you are correct. It is my understanding that we are past the point of having enough to proceed with the renovations. The announcements will continue to happen over the course of the season. It’s a way to get enough focus on the people and corporate sponsors. It’s a great strategy IMO.
    Absolutely. Couldn’t agree more. A chance for each large donor to have their moment. Every one of these are huge and spreading them out keeps John Q Public intrigued.
    Hopefully at ground breaking they have all the major donors together to celebrate. That would be great publicity for UL and each of the donors!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Agreed. I do not think they would have dared reached out to some of the UD seat holders about re-seating unless they were certain that construction would be starting after this season. I also think that means that, yes, they are announcing each gift on it's own, to give full attention to that donor.

Demo/construction will start on December 5th

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information