Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Athletics receives generous $2 Million gift

1. Default Re: Athletics receives generous $2 Million gift

Jerry Prejean is a Ragin Cajun from way back. He has always been a true ambassador for our university.

Default Re: Athletics receives generous $2 Million gift

I feel like if they can put a huge overhang over the endzones and student side. It would lock in the crowd noise and keep fans from the elements

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    The First Horizon West Concourse and Administrative Offices of Our Lady of Lourdes Stadium at Cajun Field. That right?
    The Delhomme Family Tunnel…was that money banked for the stadium or part of SEZ project?

Some people, rightfully so, were worried about the cost of Cajun Field renovation. What they underestimated was how talented and committed Dr. Maggard and Nico are. There is corporate money in the Acadiana area, but it is different from the boom times. Now you have to work for it, be professional, put a really good value proposition in front of the customer and then follow up and deliver on promises.

What we are seeing are businesses investing in an athletic department that is not only displaying success (for the most part), but viewed as community-focused, very well run and something that a business WANTS to be associated with.

It hasn't happened as fast as we would have like, but they have built something that has a very solid base, and not on quicksand.

Congratulations and Thank you to Dr. Maggard and Nico.

5. Default Re: Athletics receives generous $2 Million gift

Wow, the architects tore down the Hilton.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Some people, rightfully so, were worried about the cost of Cajun Field renovation. What they underestimated was how talented and committed Dr. Maggard and Nico are. There is corporate money in the Acadiana area, but it is different from the boom times. Now you have to work for it, be professional, put a really good value proposition in front of the customer and then follow up and deliver on promises.

What we are seeing are businesses investing in an athletic department that is not only displaying success (for the most part), but viewed as community-focused, very well run and something that a business WANTS to be associated with.

It hasn't happened as fast as we would have like, but they have built something that has a very solid base, and not on quicksand.

Post of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Wow, the architects tore down the Hilton.
    But they gave us those retail buildings along congress that we’ve been suggesting. Oh, and a really big new video board.

8. Default Re: Athletics receives generous $2 Million gift

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    But they gave us those retail buildings along congress that we’ve been suggesting. Oh, and a really big new video board.
    That's a really good point. You couldn't read the scoreboard from the Hilton anyway.

Those architects think of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That's a really good point. You couldn't read the scoreboard from the Hilton anyway.

Those architects think of everything.
    All kidding aside, I much prefer the present facade rendering then the one floated a while back. The newer one has the right brick color, arches to mimic the tigue, and is just a much better fit for the area.

10. Default Re: Athletics receives generous $2 Million gift

All kidding aside, I much prefer the present facade rendering then the one floated a while back. The newer one has the right brick color, arches to mimic the tigue, and is just a much better fit for the area.
    I’m just curious how much has been raised so far with all the different donations and how much will the new stadium cost?

Quote Originally Posted by cajungrad2001 View Post
    I’m just curious how much has been raised so far with all the different donations and how much will the new stadium cost?
    Well, I don't know what the total cost is going to be, but I've heard somewhere between $65-$75 million. And we can we say with certainty that enough has been raised to start construction after this year, since I know we, the citizens of UD1 & 2, have already been notified that our seats are going away after this year. That is also stated again in the article about the current $2 million when he states that the only people affected (need re-seating) have already been notified.

Can't wait for a lot of more threads on the whole re-seating thingy, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    These guys are doing a great job raising corporate money! Keep stacking.
    My brother you know who my wife is employed by The $$ will get better in a few months. She s on the board and gets good inside info on all things UL. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post

Spot on assessment

Great job by Maggard and crew

Well, I don't know what the total cost is going to be, but I've heard somewhere between $65-$75 million. And we can we say with certainty that enough has been raised to start construction after this year, since I know we, the citizens of UD1 & 2, have already been notified that our seats are going away after this year. That is also stated again in the article about the current $2 million when he states that the only people affected (need re-seating) have already been notified.

Can't wait for a lot of more threads on the whole re-seating thingy, lol.
    WOW! If this is correct that means the upper structure will not be torn down. I really wonder how this will proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    WOW! If this is correct that means the upper structure will not be torn down. I really wonder how this will proceed.
    How did you come away with that conclusion? From everything I’ve been told the upper deck will be replaced due to the structures integrity.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information