Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Bob Marlin elated about Cajuns' prospects as fall practice begins

1. UL Basketball Bob Marlin elated about Cajuns' prospects as fall practice begins

After all the injuries UL men’s basketball coach Bob Marlin and his staff have endured in recent years, the first week of practice is obviously far too early in the process to declare the Ragin’ Cajuns healthy for the 2021-22 college basketball season.

But so far, so good.

Default Re: Bob Marlin elated about Cajuns' prospects as fall practice begins

He needs to retire.

UL Basketball Re: Bob Marlin elated about Cajuns' prospects as fall practice begins

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    After all the injuries UL men’s basketball coach Bob Marlin and his staff have endured in recent years, the first week of practice is obviously far too early in the process to declare the Ragin’ Cajuns healthy for the 2021-22 college basketball season.

But so far, so good.
    So with the very first sentence of the article, he has a built in excuse to not meet any expectations again.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    He needs to retire.
    3 more seasons. He turns 65 in the 23/24 season.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    3 more seasons. He turns 65 in the 23/24 season.
    You think he will make it to that season as the UL head man?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I don't think we will buy him out nor extend him.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post

But so far, so good.
    I would be excited too if I was him with the cupcake schedule he has. To many NAIA and non d1 home games… he should be undefeated in non conference at home or hang up his basketball shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I don't think we will buy him out nor extend him.
    Is he on the chopping block?

We don’t have any money to do anything with him. He won’t get an extension though.

10. Default Re: Bob Marlin elated about Cajuns' prospects as fall practice begins

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    I would be excited too if I was him with the cupcake schedule he has. To many NAIA and non d1 home games… he should be undefeated in non conference at home or hang up his basketball shoes.
    I don’t know too many people making half a million dollars a year being eager to hang up their shoes . . .

I think the admin will force him out as soon as it won't cost. So yes but no

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I don’t know too many people making half a million dollars a year being eager to hang up their shoes . . .
    For sure not voluntarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I think the admin will force him out as soon as it won't cost. So yes but no
    Maggard just need to hire both basketball coaches to make a clean sweep.

Maggard just need to hire both basketball coaches to make a clean sweep.
    I rather spend the money on other sports . WBB gives us zero ROI

Yes.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information