Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst . 43 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Just read through the thread. I am sickened by this fan base and the bull____ we are willing to defend.

This is not the Baldwin era folks. We were on the brink of greatness last year and started this season with every chance. Do you people not expect more? Do you “supporters” not believe we can do big things? Stand up and demand more. SICKENING that ____ we’re willing to excuse. Have some self esteem FFS.
    This +1000

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don’t get it, you blame both equally, only suggest benching one, and let the other off scott free. Explain.
    Napier is driving the car. The car has a tire with an egg in it and its making the car ride all wobly. You dont change the driver. You change the bad tire. Voila!

3. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Napier is driving the car. The car has a tire with an egg in it and its making the car ride all wobly. You dont change the driver. You change the bad tire. Voila!

You can pretty much use the same analogy for the QB. So there is that.

Levi is driving the car. The car has a tire with an egg in it and its making the car ride all wobly. You dont change the driver. You change the bad tire. Voila!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You can pretty much use the same analogy for the QB. So there is that.

Levi is driving the car. The car has a tire with an egg in it and its making the car ride all wobly. You dont change the driver. You change the bad tire. Voila!
    Actually no. But thanks for playing.

That's assuming you have a better tire as a spare I am assuming that, since Napier has kept Lewis as QB, that is his best option either that or he is self-sabatoging.I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    What if your bloodline runs through both Jeanerette AND Loreauville like mine?
    You move to da berry and decide what side of the bayou you want to live.

Depends on the spare.matching tire or a temporary don’t go over 55 type?

7. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Nice. But that puts 100% of the blame on the tire.

8. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    You move to da berry and decide what side of the bayou you want to live.

Depends on the spare.matching tire or a temporary don’t go over 55 type?
    .>….Got a solution for you guys….ask your question at the next QB club meeting…like he prefaces the Q&A session with……it’s open game for members and really more so than the media….if you aren’t a member…join….I did take a question from Ragin Pagin to ask last week……got my butt handed to me with the Sophistication and in depth strategy in the answer.I loved the pre play formation, shift, motion, and analysis that had gone into the pre-snap to get them in a defense to best run the play that could still be changed at the L of S……if I am correct, the play was incorporated from a film 2 years earlier from the opposing coach’s defense! Not our staffs first rodeo!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    If that’s the case Marlin wouldn’t have lasted as long as he has. There is literally no casual fan support.
    You may have somewhat of a point. Supports my view that comments made here and on podcasts have minimal impact on big decisions. Note, I did not say no impact, I said minimal.

As far as basketball goes, the diehard supporters provide enough financial support to keep the program going. However that would be the case regardless who is the coach. Of course expectations are higher this year across the board.

Still, I do think there is benefit to opinions provided on forums like this. Allowing people to express opinions and vent is a form of stress relief. Also, we occasionally learn things from people who know more about a certain sport than any individual does.

10. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Tire = play called

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .>………Got a solution for you guys….ask your question at the next QB club meeting…like he prefaces the Q&A session with……it’s open game for members and really more so than the media….if you aren’t a member…join….I did take a question from Ragin Pagin to ask last week……got my butt handed to me with the Sophistication and in depth strategy in the answer……I loved the pre play formation, shift, motion, and analysis that had gone into the pre-snap to get them in a defense to best run the play that could still be changed at the L of S……if I am correct, the play was incorporated from a film 2 years earlier from the opposing coach’s defense! Not our staffs first rodeo!
    Boomer is referring to the TD pass thrown to Lumpkin at Georgia Southern. Lots of research went into designing that play. Both Coach Leger and Coach Napier let us know how it came about. I agree with him in that asking questions at the QB Club is more beneficial in understanding the program status than making comments here. Coach starts every Q&A session with a reminder that anything goes in that forum. Of course it is understood that some of the information should not be shared. In his tenure here, I have asked plenty of pointed ones (in a professional manner of course-my years in the energy industry thought me how to do that) and he still does not mind calling on me. I recognize that the majority of you cannot do that due to living out of town or your work responsibilities prevent it. I was happy to see we got a couple of new members last week from the reminder I sent out. The Zoom option is available for some of you who can't be there in person. Not perfect but you still get the info. I do wonder if there is a way to record the session and have it available to members to access at their own time, similar to a podcast. We may get more members that way but we also would have to insure it would be available only to paying members. Will have to think more about how to make that feasible before I make the suggestion. Also, if any of you have a question you want asked, state it here and maybe one of us who does get to attend can ask it. Of course we may not be able to share the answer here in some cases. At times it may be OK to send a PM to the originator of the question. Pretty sure we do have a meeting this Thursday despite not playing until next Oct. 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Boomer is referring to the TE TD pass thrown to Lumpkin at Georgia Southern. Lots of research went into designing that play. I agree with him in that asking questions at the QB Club is more beneficial in getting answers than asking them here. Coach starts every Q&A session with a reminder that anything goes in that forum. In his tenure here, I have asked plenty of pointed ones (in a professional manner of course-my years in the energy industry thought me how to do that) and he still does not mind calling on me. I recognize that many of you cannot do that due to living out of town are your work responsibilities. The Zoom option is available for some of you in that situation. Also, if any of you have a question you want asked, state it here and maybe one of us who does get to attend can ask it.
    Mike, I think everyone on the board would love to know why the running game was abandoned in the 4th Q, especially in the 3 downs where Levi was passing. Question is what was the thinking behind that especially since his offense was averaging 6.8 yards a carry. Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Mike, I think everyone on the board would love to know why the running game was abandoned in the 4th Q, especially in the 3 downs where Levi was passing. Question is what was the thinking behind that especially since his offense was averaging 6.8 yards a carry. Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.
    He addressed that somewhat this morning with Scott Prather. Basic answer was, "my bad". We may get a more detailed answer on that come Thursday. Media will probably ask it today. Pretty sure Kevin will and he may write about it in an Advocate article.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    That's assuming you have a better tire as a spare I am assuming that, since Napier has kept Lewis as QB, that is his best option either that or he is self-sabatoging.I think not.
    Fair statement

So you calling Levi an egg??

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst . 43 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast

Thread Information