Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst . 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 52 . LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 20, South Alabama 18

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    T, I think we are in agreement as I have called out tendencies are catching up with Napier big time. My main point/belief that changing play callers mid-season is not the panacea SOME, not most, think it would be.

The most reasonable approach is for Coach Napier to take a long look inward, and really do a self-assessment of himself and the team. With the extra time to prepare before our next game, I think it offers him a unique opportunity to do that.

My impression is that SOME are in the 'IN CASE OF FIRE BREAK GLASS' mode. I do not see us in that mode, BUT I do not see us in the 'ALL IS FINE, EVERYONE RELAX' mode either. I am in the 'WE HAVE YELLOW-BLINKING LIGHTS, ISSUES NEED ATTENTION' mode or really bad things could happen.
    Excellent post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Can we stop with the "Levi is scared" bull____? Yeah, he is small for a running QB at the D1 level. Yeah, he probably does try to angle the hits he's about to take, much like very good receivers his size do.

But I watched that guy run head first into a couple defenders last night, getting the first down, and having his helmet ripped off in the process. He jumped right back up and called the next play.

Last week at the end of the half, he did his best to get into the endzone putting his shoulder down with multiple defenders.

Criticize the talent, decision making on reads or progressions, all you want. But this whole thing about him being scared to run or scared of being hit is garbage.
    Amen.

This I can agree with, but we don't know that he isn't getting input from others and ignoring it. We are all, myself included, assuming that. What if he is getting input, and taking it and it is just bad input?
    Then he needs to make in game adjustments. I have no clue what the Cajuns offensive game plan was, but when we were running the ball down their throats I would have kept doing that. After all South Alabama was talking crap about how we couldn't run. We should have made them tap out.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    A current coach on the staff has said Fields is the best option we have.
    Great, that is one coach's opinion? There are MANY coaches on staff, do the majority feel that way? What if it is 9-1 in favor of Lewis with the coaching staff?

Now if it is 9-1 in favor of Fields, and the one is Coach Napier, that is a HUGE issue. Once again, I am not sure anyone of this board has the insight to know the details.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Levi is not going to be a run first QB, you can forget that. He's good at running, but he doesn't look like he enjoys it at all, in fact his body language says he doesn't want to be hit. He's not big enough to handle that kind of contact.
    That may be true; but it is indisputably true that he is very limited as a passing quarterback, regardless of what his stats show.

I do not see Levi as being selfish at all; I believe that he will do whatever his coaches determine to be in the best interest of the team, even if it is not what he really wants.

6. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

I would also have those stats if I took every single snap.
    Put down the pipe.dreams

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    It would be very helpful if ANYONE is our local "media" would ask about the play callingSIGHTING SPECIFIC EXAMPLES. I won't hold my breath.
    No local media guy or gal will ask any of the hard hitting questions. You can forget about that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That is why he is a current coach and not THE COACH.

A current coach said Pry was going to be our next coach a few years ago and hallelujah, Napier became THE COACH.
    He may be the next Cajun coach.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Put down the pipe.dreams
    See post 610.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    It would be very helpful if ANYONE is our local "media" would ask about the play callingSIGHTING SPECIFIC EXAMPLES. I won't hold my breath.
    OK, and what are the results you want to come of that? What answers would satisfy you?

IF that's true what you said, and I highly doubt it.he needs to be tossed like last nights game plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Can we stop with the "Levi is scared" bull____? Yeah, he is small for a running QB at the D1 level. Yeah, he probably does try to angle the hits he's about to take, much like very good receivers his size do.

But I watched that guy run head first into a couple defenders last night, getting the first down, and having his helmet ripped off in the process. He jumped right back up and called the next play.

Last week at the end of the half, he did his best to get into the endzone putting his shoulder down with multiple defenders.

Criticize the talent, decision making on reads or progressions, all you want. But this whole thing about him being scared to run or scared of being hit is garbage.
    Yep. LL is tough as nails.

Unless his name is Patrick Toney, no one on the current coaching staff would succeed Napier.

Great, that is one coach's opinion? There are MANY coaches on staff, do the majority feel that way? What if it is 9-1 in favor of Lewis with the coaching staff?

Now if it is 9-1 in favor of Fields, and the one is Coach Napier, that is a HUGE issue. Once again, I am not sure anyone of this board has the insight to know the details.
    One coach said it and he said many felt that way. How many is many who knows. I just think it is time to get some one else some in game valuable reps.

OK, and what are the results you want to come of that? What answers would satisfy you?
    Ok.id like to know the thinking behind those play calls.a why ask and answer.with something more that "I have to be a better coach" answer. Would also like to hear how 2 OC's work in a game with Napier. Answer your question?

Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst . 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 52 . LastLast

Thread Information